Teenage Bodybuilding: A Guide for Your Muscle Quest
“Fitness is not about being better than someone else, it’s about better than you used to be”. This quote should be taken as a key principal for all the teenagers who are enthusiast towards the bodybuilding and gymming trends. In this article, we will talk about what should be adapted and what should not be to achieve a perfect fitness goals.
Teenage is an exponential growth phase of an individual. At this phase body ask for the high nutrition to achieve the correct growth. There are lots of myths associated with the teenage bodybuilding and one of the biggest is that doing weightlifting and regular gyming can stunt their growth. But the truth is that if it is done under proper supervision than it can definitely improve your game.
What should be adopted?
- Nutrition for teens: To achieve your dream fitness goal one should give ample amount of nutrition to it. You need to have balanced diet to keep your body energized and grow properly. A balanced diet includes raw materials high in nutritive values of carbs, proteins, fats and fibers. To attain proper body mass and weight one should have a good diet.
- In carbohydrates, you can have a bowl of oatmeal, sweet potatoes, rice and corns. Approximately of 40-50 gms of carbohydrates should be included in each servings.
- In fibres, one can include ½ cup of raw broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, pepper etc. with each serving weighs approximately 6gm.
- In proteins chicken breast, egg whites, turkey, fish and size of each serving will be approximately 30-50 gms.
- Good fat list includes extra virgin olive oil or organic flaxseed oil.
Be hydrated: Throughout the day drink about 0.66x your bodyweight in ounces of water. To excrete all the toxic waste of out of your body one should drink ample amount of water. Dehydration of muscles can lead to painful cramps.
Avoid taking shortcuts: The mantra of bodybuilding is S=Dx (T+N+R) where S stands for the success which can only be achieved when D- determination is multiplied and added with T- training, N-proper nutrition, R- rest and recovery. None of the step should be missed out to achieve your fit body goals. Don’t skip your meals with supplements and never go for steroids as they can cause serious damage to your health.
Recommended movements: To get the best results some of the recommended movements are as following
- Chest: bench press, incline bench press, chest dips
- Back: deadlifts, barbell rows, dumbbell rows, pull ups.
- Shoulder: Military press, seated barbell press, seated dumbbell press.
- Triceps – Close grip bench Press, dips, bench dips.
Get a proper check-up: Consult the doctor before engaging in to any of the body building programmes and get yourself checked for any of the abnormalities or risk of cardiac or bone diseases.
What should be avoided?
- Avoid the injuries: you should not focus so much on lifting the heaviest weights to maintain good form. Good form can only be achieved if you train under expert supervision to avoid the risk of injuries and this will definitely help in better development.
- Avoid fancy supplements: Most people think that supplements are the most important part of gaining muscle but is not totally true. Supplements are just additions to an already good nutrition and training program. Supplements do not make up for improper training and in teenage one should avoid taking testosterone enhancing supplements. When an individual is at his teen the level of testosterone is already very high and there is no need of supplements whereas instead of fancy supplements one can take protein bar or ready to drink shakes. About 1.6 grams of protein each day for each kilogram that you weigh is optimal for an individual and one should not overdo protein in their diet with unnecessary supplements.
- Take proper sleep: Our body needs about 7-8 hours of sleep and if you want to achieve healthy and fit body one should take proper sleep. Teenagers generally likes to stay awake for late night but this habit affects their concentration and stamina and they will get distracted from their fitness dream goals.