As the monsoon season arrives, it brings relief from the scorching heat but also increases the risk of certain health issues, with dengue fever being one of the most prevalent mosquito-borne diseases during this time. This comprehensive guide aims to provide an in-depth understanding of dengue fever, including its symptoms, available treatment options, and effective preventive measures. By being aware of the signs, seeking timely medical attention, and taking necessary precautions, you can protect yourself and your loved ones from this potentially severe illness.
Section 1: Understanding Dengue Fever
1.1 What is Dengue Fever?
Dengue fever is a viral infection caused by the dengue virus, which is transmitted to humans through the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. This disease is a significant public health concern, particularly in tropical and subtropical regions, where the Aedes mosquito population thrives. Dengue fever is characterized by flu-like symptoms and can range from mild to severe.
The dengue virus belongs to the Flaviviridae family and has four distinct serotypes: DEN-1, DEN-2, DEN-3, and DEN-4. Each serotype has slight genetic variations, but they all have similar clinical manifestations. The presence of multiple serotypes makes dengue fever a unique and challenging disease to control.
1.2 Transmission and Lifecycle of Dengue Virus
The transmission of the dengue virus occurs through the bite of infected female Aedes mosquitoes, primarily Aedes aegypti. These mosquitoes become infected by feeding on individuals who have dengue fever during the viremic phase, which is the period when the virus is present in high levels in the blood. After an incubation period of 4 to 10 days, the infected mosquito becomes capable of transmitting the virus to another human.
The lifecycle of the dengue virus involves both the mosquito vector and human host. When an infected mosquito bites a human, it injects the virus into the bloodstream. The virus then replicates within various types of cells, including immune cells. This replication leads to viremia, which is the presence of the virus in the blood.
During the viremic phase, an infected individual can serve as a source of the virus for other mosquitoes. When a mosquito feeds on a viremic person, it ingests the virus along with the blood. The virus then replicates within the mosquito’s midgut and spreads to other tissues, including the salivary glands. Once the virus reaches the salivary glands, the mosquito becomes infectious, capable of transmitting the virus to humans during subsequent bites.
It is important to note that the Aedes mosquito has a short lifespan, typically around two weeks. This means that the virus must be transmitted efficiently from one mosquito to another and from mosquitoes to humans to maintain its circulation in the population.
Understanding the transmission and lifecycle of the dengue virus is crucial for developing effective control strategies. By targeting the Aedes mosquito population and interrupting the transmission cycle, it is possible to reduce the incidence of dengue fever. Public health interventions, such as vector control measures and community education, play a vital role in preventing the spread of this disease and protecting individuals at risk.
Section 2: Symptoms and Diagnosis of Dengue Fever
2.1 Common Symptoms of Dengue Fever
Dengue fever presents with a wide range of symptoms, which can vary from person to person. It is essential to be aware of these symptoms to seek prompt medical attention and receive appropriate care. The common symptoms of dengue fever include:
- High Fever: Dengue fever typically begins with a sudden onset of high fever, often reaching temperatures of 104°F (40°C) or higher. This fever can last for several days.
- Severe Headache: Intense headaches, often described as a pounding sensation, are a common symptom of dengue fever. The severity of the headache may vary from person to person.
- Joint and Muscle Pain: Dengue fever is characterized by severe joint and muscle pain, often referred to as “breakbone fever.” This pain can be debilitating and make movement difficult.
- Rash: A rash may appear on the skin of individuals with dengue fever. It typically starts on the torso and spreads to the limbs, resembling a measles-like rash.
- Fatigue: Feeling extremely tired and fatigued is another common symptom of dengue fever. This fatigue can persist for several weeks after the fever has subsided.
It is important to note that while these symptoms are commonly associated with dengue fever, they can also be present in other illnesses. Therefore, it is crucial to consult a healthcare professional for an accurate diagnosis.
In some cases, dengue fever can progress to more severe forms, such as dengue hemorrhagic fever (DHF) or dengue shock syndrome (DSS). These severe forms of the disease can be life-threatening. Symptoms of DHF and DSS may include severe abdominal pain, persistent vomiting, bleeding gums, rapid breathing, and a weak pulse. If you or someone you know experiences these symptoms, immediate medical attention is crucial.
2.2 Diagnosing Dengue Fever
To confirm a diagnosis of dengue fever, healthcare professionals utilize various diagnostic methods. These tests help identify the presence of the dengue virus or antibodies in the blood. The common diagnostic methods for dengue fever include:
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR): This test detects the genetic material (RNA) of the dengue virus in a patient’s blood sample. PCR is a highly accurate method and can determine the specific serotype of the virus.
- Antibody Tests: Antibody tests detect the presence of dengue-specific antibodies in the blood. Two types of antibodies are tested: Immunoglobulin M (IgM) and Immunoglobulin G (IgG). IgM antibodies appear in the early stages of the infection, while IgG antibodies indicate a past infection or immunity.
It is important to note that diagnostic tests for dengue fever should be performed in a laboratory setting by trained professionals. Self-diagnosis or reliance on home test kits is not recommended, as false results can occur.
If you suspect you have dengue fever or are experiencing symptoms, consult a healthcare specialist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate treatment. Early detection and management of dengue fever can significantly reduce the risk of complications and ensure a faster recovery.
Section 3: Treatment and Management of Dengue Fever
3.1 Medical Management
Early diagnosis and medical supervision play a crucial role in effectively managing dengue fever. If you suspect you have dengue fever or have been diagnosed with the illness, it is important to seek medical attention promptly. Your healthcare provider will closely monitor your condition and provide necessary guidance and support.
Supportive care measures are essential in alleviating symptoms and promoting recovery. These measures include:
- Rest: Adequate rest is crucial to allow your body to fight the infection and recover. It is important to avoid excessive physical activity, which can worsen symptoms and delay recovery.
- Hydration: Maintaining proper hydration is essential, especially during a dengue fever infection. Drink plenty of fluids, such as water, oral rehydration solutions, and electrolyte-rich beverages, to replenish lost fluids and prevent dehydration.
- Pain Relief: Dengue fever can cause severe joint and muscle pain. Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as acetaminophen (paracetamol), can help alleviate pain and reduce fever. Avoid non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) like ibuprofen or aspirin, as they can increase the risk of bleeding.
In severe cases of dengue fever, hospitalization may be necessary for close monitoring and specialized care. This is especially true if you develop warning signs or severe symptoms, such as persistent vomiting, severe abdominal pain, bleeding, or difficulty breathing. In the hospital, healthcare professionals can provide intravenous fluids, manage complications, and ensure your condition is closely monitored.
3.2 Prevention of Complications
Monitoring vital signs and blood parameters is essential in detecting any signs of complications promptly. It is important to regularly check your temperature, blood pressure, pulse rate, and hematocrit levels as advised by your healthcare provider. Early detection of complications allows for timely intervention and management.
Dengue fever can lead to potentially serious complications, such as plasma leakage, organ impairment, and hemorrhage. These complications can occur in severe cases of the illness. If you experience any new or worsening symptoms, such as persistent vomiting, severe abdominal pain, bleeding from the gums or nose, or drowsiness, seek immediate medical attention.
3.3 Role of Medications
While specific antiviral medications or treatments for dengue fever are not currently available, supportive care remains the mainstay of treatment. Medications may be used to manage symptoms, such as pain relievers and antipyretics to reduce fever. However, it is important to consult your healthcare provider before taking any medications, as they can have potential side effects and may not be suitable for everyone.
In addition to medications, your healthcare provider may recommend certain precautions and lifestyle modifications to support your recovery. These may include getting plenty of rest, maintaining good hygiene, and avoiding mosquito bites to prevent further transmission of the virus.
Remember, it can be a serious illness, and it is important to follow the guidance of healthcare professionals for proper management and care. With early diagnosis, appropriate medical supervision, and supportive care measures, most individuals recover from dengue fever successfully.
Section 4: Prevention Strategies for Dengue Fever
4.1 Mosquito Control Measures
Effective mosquito control measures are crucial in preventing the transmission of dengue fever. By reducing mosquito populations and eliminating breeding sites, you can significantly lower the risk of contracting the virus. Here are some important measures to consider:
- Eliminate Breeding Sites: Mosquitoes breed in stagnant water. Regularly check your surroundings for any potential breeding sites, such as uncovered water containers, flower pots, discarded tires, or clogged gutters. Empty, clean, or cover these sources of standing water to prevent mosquitoes from laying their eggs.
- Use Mosquito Repellents: Apply mosquito repellents on exposed skin to ward off mosquito bites. Look for repellents containing DEET, picaridin, or oil of lemon eucalyptus. Follow the instructions on the product label for proper and safe application.
- Install Window Screens: Use window screens or mosquito nets to prevent mosquitoes from entering your living spaces. Ensure that the screens are in good condition and free from any holes or gaps.
4.2 Personal Protection Methods from Dengue
In addition to mosquito control measures, personal protection methods can help minimize your risk of contracting dengue fever. Here are some important steps to consider:
- Wear Protective Clothing: When venturing outdoors, especially during peak mosquito activity times (dawn and dusk), wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks, and closed-toe shoes to minimize exposed skin.
- Use Mosquito Nets: Sleeping under mosquito nets, especially treated nets, can provide an extra layer of protection against mosquito bites while you sleep.
- Use Mosquito Repellents: Apply mosquito repellents on exposed skin and clothing, following the instructions on the product label. Reapply as needed, especially after sweating or swimming.
4.3 Community Efforts and Public Health Measures to Prevent Dengue
Preventing dengue fever requires collective efforts and community participation. Here are some community and public health measures that can help reduce the risk of dengue transmission:
- Community Clean-up: Encourage your community to organize regular clean-up campaigns to eliminate mosquito breeding sites. This can include removing trash, clearing drains, and promoting proper waste management practices.
- Public Health Initiatives: Local authorities often undertake initiatives such as fogging and larviciding to control mosquito populations. Support these efforts by cooperating with health officials and following their recommendations.
4.4 Travel Considerations to Avoid Dengue
If you are traveling to dengue-endemic areas, it is important to take precautions to avoid dengue fever. Here are some travel considerations:
- Prevent Mosquito Bites: Use mosquito repellents containing DEET, picaridin, or oil of lemon eucalyptus. Wear long-sleeved shirts, long pants, socks, and closed-toe shoes. Sleep under mosquito nets, especially if accommodation lacks adequate protection.
- Stay Informed: Stay updated on the local dengue situation in your travel destination. Be aware of any outbreaks or high-risk areas and take necessary precautions accordingly.
- Follow Travel Advisories: Follow travel advisories issued by health authorities or your home country’s embassy. These advisories may provide specific recommendations and guidelines for preventing dengue fever.
Dengue fever is a significant health concern during the monsoon season, but with the right knowledge and proactive measures, its impact can be minimized. By understanding the symptoms, seeking early diagnosis, and following appropriate treatment, individuals can effectively manage the illness. Equally important are preventive measures such as mosquito control and personal protection methods, which can significantly reduce the risk of contracting dengue fever. Remember, individual efforts combined with community-wide initiatives play a crucial role in preventing the spread of dengue fever. Stay informed, stay protected, and enjoy a safe and healthy monsoon season.
प्राकृतिक घरेलू या देसी नुस्खे/तरीकों से शरीर की रोग प्रतिरोधक क्षमता (Immunity) / प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत बनाना: स्वास्थ्य को सुरक्षित करने के लिए सरल उपाय
आपके स्वास्थ्य के लिए एक मजबूत प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली रखना आजकल बहुत महत्वपूर्ण है। एक मजबूत प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली हमें संक्रमण और बीमारियों से लड़ने में मदद करती है और हमारे सामान्य स्वास्थ्य को भी सुधारती है। प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को बढ़ाने के लिए कई तरीके हैं, लेकिन प्राकृतिक उपाय, विटामिन, खनिज और एंटीऑक्सीडेंट पर ध्यान देना आपके लिए बहुत फायदेमंद साबित हो सकता है। इस लेख में हम आपको बताएंगे कि मजबूत प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली का क्या महत्व है और आप स्वास्थ्यपूर्ण आहार, व्यायाम और जीवनशैली परिवर्तन के माध्यम से अपनी प्रतिरक्षा को प्राकृतिक तरीके से कैसे बढ़ा सकते हैं।
मजबूत प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली की महत्ता: प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली की भूमिका पर चर्चा करें, जिससे शरीर को संक्रमण और बीमारियों से बचाने में मदद मिलती है। संपूर्ण स्वास्थ्य और अच्छे व्यक्तित्व के लिए मजबूत प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली का क्या महत्व है। प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाने और बीमारियों से बचाने के बेहतर तरीके की जानकारी। प्राकृतिक उपायों से प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाना: आपकी प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाने में आपके आहार का कितना महत्व होता है, इसे समझाएं। विटामिन (सी, डी और ई) और खनिज (जैसे जिंक और सेलेनियम) से भरपूर आहार की महत्वता पर चर्चा करें। प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाने वाले कुछ विशेष आहार और उनके फायदों की सूची प्रदान करें। जीवनशैली परिवर्तन से प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत करें: व्यायाम की भूमिका को समझाएं, जो प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत करने और लंबे समय तक बीमारियों से बचाने में मदद करता है। अच्छी नींद लेने और तनाव प्रबंधन का महत्व प्रतिरक्षा स्वास्थ्य को समझाएं। व्यायाम, नींद और तनाव प्रबंधन को अपने दिनचर्या में कैसे शामिल करें, उसके लिए व्यायाम के टिप्स और सुझाव प्रदान करें। प्राकृतिक उपाय और तरीके प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाने के लिए: प्राकृतिक उपायों की चर्चा करें, जैसे जड़ी-बूटी से बनी दवाइयां और उपाय जो प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मदद करते हैं। ध्यान धारणा, योग और माइंडफुलनेस के फायदे समझाएं, जो संपूर्ण स्वास्थ्य और प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाने में सहायक है। प्राकृतिक उपाय और तरीकों को अपने दिनचर्या में कैसे शामिल करें, उसके लिए कदम-से-कदम टिप्स और सुझाव प्रदान करें। विटामिन, खनिज और एंटीऑक्सीडेंट्स का महत्व: विशेष रूप से बताएं कि कौन से विटामिन, खनिज और एंटीऑक्सीडेंट्स प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत करने में मदद करते हैं। ऐसे आहार और सप्लीमेंट्स के बारे में बात करें, जिनसे आप इन जरूरी पोषक तत्वों को प्राप्त कर सकते हैं। संपूर्ण आहार पर ध्यान देने का तरीका, जहां पर इम्यून बूस्टिंग तत्वों का समावेश करके उनका सही उपयोग करें।
निष्कर्ष: अपनी प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली को मजबूत बनाने के लिए, आपको अपने आहार, व्यायाम और जीवनशैली को स्वस्थ और संतुलित रखने की आवश्यकता होती है। आपको प्राकृतिक तरीकों से प्रतिरक्षा को बढ़ाने और अपने शरीर को स्वस्थ रखने के लिए विटामिन, खनिज, एंटीऑक्सीडेंट्स, जड़ी-बूटी दवाइयों, योग और माइंडफुलनेस का सहारा लेना चाहिए। स्वस्थ जीवनशैली परिवर्तन करने के बाद आपकी प्रतिरक्षा प्रणाली मजबूत होगी और आपको संक्रमणों और बीमारियों से बचाने में सहायता मिलेगी।
In today’s fast-paced world, maintaining a strong immune system is more important than ever. A robust immune system not only helps us fight off infections and diseases but also promotes overall well-being. While there are various ways to enhance immunity, focusing on natural remedies, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants can be a game-changer. In this article, we will explore the significance of a strong immune system and provide valuable tips on how to naturally boost your immunity.
- Understanding the Importance of a Strong Immune System:
- Discuss the role of the immune system in protecting the body against pathogens and diseases.
- Highlight the benefits of a robust immune system for overall health and well-being.
- Emphasize the connection between a strong immune system and the prevention of illnesses.
- Nourishing Your Body for Optimal Immunity:
- Explain the importance of a balanced and nutritious diet in supporting immune function.
- Discuss immune-boosting foods rich in vitamins (such as C, D, and E), minerals (like zinc and selenium), and antioxidants.
- Provide a list of specific foods and ingredients that can enhance immunity and their respective benefits.
- Lifestyle Changes for a Resilient Immune System:
- Discuss the role of exercise in strengthening the immune system and reducing the risk of chronic diseases.
- Highlight the importance of quality sleep and stress management in supporting immune health.
- Provide practical tips and suggestions for incorporating regular physical activity, adequate sleep, and stress-relief techniques into daily life.
- Natural Remedies and Practices to Enhance Immunity:
- Explore various natural remedies, such as herbal supplements and remedies known for their immune-boosting properties.
- Discuss the benefits of practices like meditation, yoga, and mindfulness in promoting overall well-being and immune function.
- Provide step-by-step instructions or recommendations for incorporating these natural remedies and practices into one’s routine.
- The Role of Vitamins, Minerals, and Antioxidants:
- Explain the specific roles of key vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants in supporting immune function.
- Discuss food sources and supplements that can provide an adequate intake of these essential nutrients.
- Highlight the importance of a well-rounded diet to ensure optimal absorption and utilization of these immune-boosting components.
Conclusion: Having a strong immune system is vital for maintaining good health and warding off illnesses. By focusing on natural remedies, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, you can take proactive steps to enhance your body’s defense system. Incorporating a balanced diet, regular exercise, and healthy lifestyle practices will not only strengthen your immunity but also contribute to your overall well-being. Embrace these natural strategies, and let your immune system thrive!
Remember, always consult with a healthcare professional before making any significant changes to your diet or lifestyle.
What Is Stomach Heat?
Fast production of heat in the stomach as the result of a high digestive process is called stomach heat. It is usually characterized by swollen gums and smelly breath. Managing healthy life with work is not easy but that simply doesn’t mean that it is unachievable it only needs some time and instruction from a pro. We give so much of work to our digestive system, stuff our stomach with unhealthy food and fail to take care of it. But thanks to defense mechanism in our body which can fight back diseases to some extent. One such mechanism is Stomach heat. This disorder occurs due to excess of heat in the stomach.
Common causes of stomach heat are overeating, spicy food consumption, taking many painkillers and antibiotics, constipation, gastric ulcer, smoking, and alcohol consumption.
Other causes are some digestive disorders like gastritis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, food allergies, stomach inflammation. It can be identified by bad breath and swollen gums. It creates burning sensation stomach and also causes pain.
Now how can you find out that you are suffering from this Disorder?
This is possible by observing the symptoms. Doctors diagnose this disorder by physical examination and changing eating habits and if the symptoms persist doctor may ask you to undergo some tests like chest X-ray, ultrasound, CT scan and gastric acid monitoring.
Stomach Heat Symptoms includes:
- Discomfort in the upper abdomen or lower chest
- The early feeling of fullness while eating
- Nausea and vomiting.
- A cough and wheezing and
- Difficulty in swallowing.
Treatment is given by prescribing antacid, proton pump inhibitors and H2 receptor blockers.
It is easily treated with home remedies like drinking lot f water, consuming cold fluids, coconut water, fresh lime juice plays a good role in reducing stomach heat, eating yogurt. It could be reduced by avoiding spicy food, beverages, spices. To avoid side effects of medications this disorder can be cured by home remedies.
Some of the Home Remedies to overcome Stomach Heat Naturally are:
- Lemon juice: lemon juice with warm water on an empty stomach helps you to get rid of acid reflux. Heavy meals or not following a proper timetable for everyday meals causes acid reflux in the stomach. Lemon juice helps to balance the acids in the stomach.
- Yogurt: Thus dairy product is easy to digest and it soothes the gut lining, helps in digestion and reduces the burning sensation in the stomach. You can either have plain yogurt or you can take it in the form of buttermilk.
- Water: water has always been the solution for healthy living. It cures the stomach heat immediately and soothes the gut. It also ensures removal of effects of high heat in the stomach and gives healthy digestive system.
- Milk: It has a soothing property which relives the stomach and reduces stomach heat and hence removed uneasiness created by it. It reduces the acidity. For best results consume raw cold milk every day.
- Fruits: water-rich fruits like watermelon, peach, cucumber and will reduce the heat and are easy to digest. Fruits like banana and avocado also neutralize the acidity. Citrus fruits must be avoided as they increase the acidity and raises the temperature.
- Coconut water: It has alkaline nature that neutralizes the acidity into he stomach and soothes the stomach lining. It reduces heat and provides the cooling effect.
- Rice: plain rice without any spices helps to relieve acidity and gives soothing effect due to its high water content. Rice with yogurt will give good results as both of them helps to relieve stomach heat.
Food which should be avoided in case if you are prone to develop stomach heat or suffering with it is French fries, chocolate, onion, spices, garlic Caffeine, spicy food, dairy products like cream and cheese and citrus fruits.
Oats, millets, wheat, barley, honey, apple, pears, soy milk, spinach, cabbage juice can be included in your diet to avoid acidity, stomach heat, and stomach burns. Now that you know what is good for your stomach let’s get a good diet plan and get rid of those stomach burns.
[su_posts posts_per_page=”5″ order=”desc”]
Home remedies for teeth whitening
In 2015, Americans alone spent over $11 billion on teeth brightening, including over $1.4 billion on at-home brightening items.
Be that as it may, most brightening items utilize chemicals to blanch your teeth, which concern many individuals. On the off chance that you need more white teeth, yet in addition need to maintain a strategic distance from the chemicals, at that point this article records numerous choices that are both normal and safe.
Here are 7 straightforward ways you can normally brighten your teeth.
- Attempt Oil Pulling
Oil pulling is a conventional Indian people cure intended to enhance oral cleanliness and expel poisons from the body. The training includes gargling oil around in your mouth to expel microscopic organisms, which can transform into plaque and make your teeth look yellow.
Dissimilar to numerous other tooth brightening strategies, coconut oil pulling does not open your teeth to corrosive or different fixings that disintegrate the veneer. This implies it is protected to do
Coconut oil pulling includes rinsing oil in your mouth for 15– 20 minutes to evacuate microbes. Rehearsing this day by day can decrease plaque and may light up your teeth.
- Brush with Baking Soda
Preparing pop has characteristic brightening properties, which is the reason it’s a famous fixing in business toothpaste. It’s a gentle rough that can help scour away surface stains on teeth. Also, heating pop makes a soluble domain in your mouth, which keeps microscopic organisms from growing
- Utilize Hydrogen Peroxide
Hydrogen peroxide is a characteristic fading specialist that likewise eliminates microscopic organisms in your mouth. Truth be told, individuals have been utilizing hydrogen peroxide for a considerable length of time to purify wounds as a result of its capacity to eliminate microorganisms. Numerous business brightening items contain hydrogen peroxide, in spite of the fact that at a substantially higher fixation than you will utilize.
- Utilize Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple juice vinegar has been utilized for a considerable length of time as a disinfectant and normal cleaning item. Acidic corrosive, which is the principle dynamic fixing in apple juice vinegar, viably eliminates microbes. The antibacterial property of vinegar is the thing that makes it valuable for cleaning your mouth and brightening your teeth.
- Utilize Fruits and Vegetables
An eating regimen high in products of the soil might be useful for both your body and your teeth. While they’re not a viable alternative for brushing your teeth, crunchy, crude products of the soil can help rub plaque away as you bite. Specifically, strawberries and pineapple are two natural products that have been asserted to help brighten your teeth.
- Anticipate Tooth Stains Before They Happen
Your teeth normally yellow as you age, yet there are a few things you can do to anticipate recolors on your teeth. Espresso, red wine, pop and dull berries are scandalous for recoloring teeth.
Apart from all this, activated charcoal, kaolin clay and fruit peels also help in brightening teeth.
Pregnancy is the most exciting and also one of the most delicate time in women’s life. Women during this time should be very careful about their health as it’s not only about them now but also a new life growing inside her so now she has 2 responsibilities one is herself and other is the baby growing inside her. Pregnancy effects immune system, the food you eat has direct effect on the baby growing inside you.
To avoid health problems, here are food items women should avoid during pregnancy;
- SOFT CHEESE;
When you are pregnant, avoid soft, mould ripened cheese like brie, camembert and chevre, these are the type of goat cheese. These cheeses are more moist and less acidic than other cheese, high moisture and low acid are the perfect environment for the growth of listeria bacteria because of this there are chances that the soft cheese can have bacteria growing in it.
Listeria bacteria can cause infection Listeriosis and infection is the thing that pregnant women should always stay away from.
- RAW PAPAYA;
Raw or semi ripe papaya has sufficient traces of latex; a milky solution that is known to trigger strong uterine contraction which stimulate abortion. So, it’s very dangerous to eat raw papaya when you are pregnant.
Latex is not found in ripe papaya so it’s totally safe to eat ripe papaya.
Avoid liver or liver products when you are pregnant. Liver has high amount of vitamin A, too much of vitamin A is harmful for the growing baby and it can cause birth defect.
- UNPASTEURISED MILK;
Avoid drinking unpasteurised milk. There are chances that it may have harmful bacteria like listeria, salmonella, E.coli that can cause bacterial infection which is not at all good for mother and the growing baby.
When milk is pasteurised, the harmful bacteria present in it gets killed by the heat without affecting the nutrition value of the milk so always prefer pasteurised milk.
Do not drink caffeine in excess; limit it to 2 – 3 cups of coffee in a day. Intake of too much caffeine can cause problems like restricted baby’s growth, underweight baby and miscarriage.
Too much caffeine can also lead to problems like anaemia as caffeine slows down iron absorption in the body.
- RAW / UNDER – COOKED EGG;
Do not eat raw or under cooked egg as there are chances it may contain harmful salmonella bacteria which can cause food poison.
Egg is a healthy food if cooked in a proper way, so make sure eggs are properly cooked so that in case if there is any bacteria present it gets killed while cooking. Cook egg till the egg white and egg yolk get solidify.
- RAW / UNDER – COOKED MEAT;
Do not eat raw or under cooked meat such as chicken, mutton or pork as there is chances it may contain harmful salmonella bacteria which can cause food poison.
So make sure that meats are properly cooked at high temperature for proper time. When the meat is cooked at high temperature, the bacteria present gets killed by heat.
Raw and under cooked meat can also lead to digestion problem.
Stay away from alcohol; do not drink alcohol when you are pregnant. Everything you eat has direct effect on baby; alcohol can affect baby’s health directly by interfering in the baby’s growth in mother’s womb. Baby can get problems like “Fetal alcohol syndrome” and other development disorder.
Consuming alcohol also increases the risk of miscarriage.
Along with avoiding foods, follow good habits while eating like washing your hand more frequently as you never know your hand can be the first source of infection and avoid fruits and vegetable that has deep cuts as many time such cuts are mostly the homes of bacteria.
Skin and hair contribute immensely to human communication. Hair length, colour, and style play an important role in people’s physical appearance and self-perception. Human beings are unique amongst primates in having very thick, long, and highly pigmented scalp hair. This is likely to have provided one or more survival benefits to the humans during the process of evolution.
Firstly, selective and avid binding of toxins and metals to melanin pigment aids in preventing the buildup of toxic metals from fish species which concentrate heavy metals, especially in human development along sea coasts and riverbanks.
Secondly, reactive quinone intermediates generated during melanin synthesis possess potent antibacterial properties. Lastly, deep brown-black hair present in 90% of the world’s population protects against sunstroke, and its melanin aids very efficient and fast exchange of ion transport and effluxes for adequate salt balance.
REASONS FOR GREY HAIR
Graying of hair prematurely is an important reason for lower self-esteem, often interfering with socio-cultural adjustment. The onset and progression of greying or canities correlate very closely with chronological ageing, and occur in varying degrees in all individuals eventually, regardless of gender or race. Premature hair may occur because of major autosomal dominant condition with association of various autoimmune or premature ageing syndromes.
Full range of colour from normal to white can be seen both along individual hair and from hair to hair, and admixture of pigmented and white hair is believed to give the appearance of grey.
CHARACTERISTICS OF GRAY HAIR
- Gray hair is believed to be coarser, stiffer, and less manageable than pigmented hair. reported that grey hair undergoes more severe UV damage and needs more UV protection than dark brown hair.
- Gray hair often fails to hold a temporary or permanent set and is more resistant to incorporating artificial colour possibly due to changes in the underlying substructure of the hair fibre.
- Melanin transfer possibly decreases keratinocyte turnover and increases keratinocyte terminal differentiation.
- Aging hair follicles may thus reprogram their matrix keratinocytes to increase production of medullary rather than cortical keratinocytes resulting in an enlarged and collapsed medulla, forming a central cavity in grey and white hair.
- This may provide enhanced insulation to compensate for the loss of sunlight-absorbing and heat-trapping properties of pigmented dark hair.
- Thickness, growth rate, and hair shaft elongation in non-melanized hair are significantly greater than in melanized hair.
TREATMENT FOR GREY HAIR
- Home remedies: Certain home remedies have been found useful in the prevention and treatment of premature greying of hair. The use of Indian gooseberry or amla which is an important hair tonic for enriching hair growth and hair pigmentation. This oil is very functional in preventing further greying.
- Hair Dye: The ground and mixed paste of henna leaves, which is consistently boiled in coconut oil to get a darkish oil, is being used as a hair dye to treat grey hair. Washing hair with concentrated tea extract twice a week is useful in colouring grey hair to brown or black.
Magic Foods can give you relief from Arthritis pain
As you all know, the arthritis has no cure yet. The hassle to move, it will get soft and aggravating to become a martyr effort to pick up a book on the shelf or get up from a chair, is caused by inflammation of the joints. In general, the problem becomes associated with trauma, exhaustion, autoimmune disorders or infections. The medical care and adherence to care, however, allow the patient to take a normal life without pain or physical limitations. The ideal scenario includes early diagnosis, practice mild exercise or physical therapy in less acute cases and some dietary adjustments. The main one is the consumption of foods rich in omega-3, fatty acid with anti-inflammatory action. Let us see how to make your meals more nutritious and protect your body from aching symptoms of rheumatoid arthritis.
Fish like tuna, sardines and salmon are nice sources of omega-3 fatty acid unsaturated fatty acids, that forestall a method of conversion of nutrients within the body to blame for inflammation. The food additionally works as an excellent alternate source in dominant sterol, interference of disorder and even in assuaging the symptoms of PMS and change of life
Recommended quantity: 200 g at least two times in a week
Rich in essential fatty acids, vitamin E and fiber, flaxseed is a food that provides greater blood flow, lowers bad cholesterol, prevents the formation of fat from the arterial plaques and promotes anti-inflammatory effects in the body. The seed also improves the functioning of the digestive system and eases the symptoms of PMS and menopause.
Recommended quantity: 2-3 tablespoons per day
Just like other vegetable oils Soybean oil is a food wealthy in unsaturated fats like omega-3 fatty acid and polyunsaturated fatty acid and a very important supply of antioxidant. It acts within the bar of vas diseases in correctfunctioning of the immune and systema nervosum to fight free radicals. this kind of oil additionally has medicine action and helps regulate sterol levels within the body.
Recommended quantity: two tablespoons per day
Seed of the time, originated from southern Mexico, chia is a great source of omega-3, iron, magnesium and calcium. Be in oil, flour or grain version, the food promotes satiety, prevents cardiovascular disease, helps in maintaining muscle mass, strengthens the immune system and also has anti-inflammatory effect in the body.
Recommended quantity: two to three tablespoons of soup per day
Spinach is a highly nutritious food, offering its composition in vitamins A, C and E, plus nutrients like omega-3, calcium , iron, potassium, bioflavonoids and carotenoids. Its antioxidant properties prevent some types of cancer, especially lung and prostate. Two other very important elements are folic acid, which fights anemia, and lutein, which strengthens the immune system, preventing problems such as macular degeneration.
Recommended quantity: two to three tablespoons per day
What is a Cough?
Coughing is a natural reflex of the body which can be likened to clearing one’s throat, but the problem is that unlike clearing the throat, it cannot be controlled neither that it be stopped from happening
Although it is a simple ailment, people visit physicians because of the irritating symptoms. A persistent one can turn into a big problem especially when people are far away from home and don’t have the proper medication near them.
A cough is classified into two categories:
1.Phlegm which usually comes after the incident of flu or cold.
2. A dry one which is persistent and irritating.
Different Home Remedies for cough
The newest treatment offer several choices if you encounter coughing, which include medicine for oral intake. But, the person who uses these medication for a cough may experience some side effects. Due to these
facts following are top 10 natural remedies for a cough:
Honey possesses high antioxidant and antimicrobial properties and soothes our body. Because of these facts, it may assist in healing coughs and sore throat irritations.
CHERRY BARK SYRUP
While wild cherries contain substances that might help reduce the inflammation an excellent syrup which calms down dry coughs.
THYME LEAVES TEA
The flavonoids n thyme calm down the inflammation and chill out the ileal and tracheal muscles. Also, opens the airways for natural breathing and reduces coughing.
Bromelain, an anti-inflammatory enzymes which manages infections and helps ease a cough is found in pineapple. Don’t drink the juice,prepare a pineapple syrup.
Ginger helps in healing coughs particular those produced on by common colds. Also, it works as a linctus which contributes to loosening and ejecting mucous from the lung.
APPLE CIDER VINEGAR
Apple cider vinegar gives a calming feeling on the throat, which assist in relieving the irritation and aids minimize the discomfort caused by coughing.
Garlic is used as a remedy for chronic dry coughs because it has anti-microbial properties that lessen its persistence. Better than using garlic alone you can make a mixture.
The health benefits of almonds are all-encompassing, and they are commonly used as a healing relief from coughs, respiratory disorders, and heart disorders.
TANGERINE PEEL TEA
Tangerine peel is one of the greatest source of vitamin C. The tea is warm and spicy in taste. It dries up mucus, relieves cough and clears the throat.