The lemonade diet detox, also known as the master cleanse or the maple syrup diet is a diet which shows drastic weight loss in about 2 weeks. In the modern hectic era, it has become quite common among the people who adopt some ways for quick weight loss. Their emphasis is only on reducing weight in a short span of time. They fail to think of the consequences. The lemonade diet detox is popular and effective among the fad diets. It is not very popular dieting method but it is widely practised by Hollywood celebrities. It gained popularity when the actor & the Grammy-winning singer Beyonce, lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
It works as cleansing agent & detoxifies the whole body and so is the name “the master cleanse”. It is the only known effective diet plan which is easy as well s less time-consuming.
What is a lemonade diet?
The lemonade detox drink has 4 main ingredients – fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne & pure water. This is the best-suited diet to shed extra weight and to remove the accumulated toxins from the body.
Why should one opt for a lemon detox diet?
It is a 14 days diet plan during which you are not allowed to eat any solid food. No food is to be consumed during the diet course as it minimizes the effect of lemonade detox drink in your body. All you can have is the lemon prepared detox drink as the breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 weeks.
It eliminates the free radicals and other toxins present in your body, clears the digestive tract, eliminates excess fat, nourishes your body, increases metabolism rates and provides energy.
How does lemonade work for weight loss?
When you have decided to take up this diet then you should definitely do away with any kind of solid foods. Individuals on the diet should consume at least 500 to 600 calories every day. The intake of low-calorie liquid for about 2 weeks will help your body use the fat cells as an energy source for performing the necessary functions. This helps in burning the calories and result in weight loss.
How does lemonade diet work for cleansing?
The main ingredient of this diet is lemon which is an excellent source of vitamin C and acts as an antioxidant. This antioxidant helps to remove the free radicals that cause damage to the cell structure. This may lead to many diseases like heart attack, stroke, hearing impairments, and other heart diseases.
Maple syrup which is another main ingredient is a rich source of manganese which is helpful for normal nerve & brain function. It also helps to produce energy and improve the cell functions. It is also rich in zinc which boosts the immune system and the potassium & calcium present in it prevents stroke and heart diseases.
The water present keeps your body hydrated and helps to flush out the toxins present in your body. it also improves cell turgidity.
How to prepare lemonade detox drink?
What to and what not to consume during the lemonade diet?
- Fruits like apple, orange, grapes, kiwi, watermelon & muskmelon are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, ripe mango, apricot, papaya, dates are to be avoided.
- Vegetables like carrot, beetroot, capsicum, tomato, beans, broccoli, cabbage, onions, lettuce & gourds are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, pumpkin & potato are to be avoided.
- Protein-rich food like sprouts, fish, chicken, turkey can be eaten. Beef & pork are to be avoided.
What is the role of exercise when on lemonade diet?
The lemonade diet provided 600 to 700 calories per day. It is better to avoid vigorous exercises during this period as your body may not have sufficient energy to support it. Chances are more than you may feel weak & fatigue. However, one can do yoga and other stretching exercises that will improve blood circulation.
You may also like: Reasons You Should Drink Sugarcane Juice This Summer
The secret behind the lemonade diet!
The best part of the lemonade diet is that you get a slim body so quickly and also end up getting a gorgeous skin. When you consume low-calorie diet your body will not have sufficient energy to perform its daily activities. Eventually, it starts using up the stored fat to perform various functions.
Benefits of lemonade diet:
The lemonade diet program enables the body to balance its elements and maintain the optimum weight. The weight loss is only a secondary effect the main result of this diet plan is the detoxification of the organs in the body. During the course, the body sheds its fat deposits. In the course of this purification, the skin & the hair gets rejuvenated. The lemon juice and cayenne pepper flushes out all the toxins in the body and also cleanses the lymphatic system of toxins. The maple syrup contains all the necessary nutrients that your body requires during this period.
Side effects of lemonade diet:
- This diet may make you feel weak and fatigue.
- It might weaken your immune system
- You might experience mood swings and might find it hard to concentrate
- It might slow down the metabolism of the body
- If followed for a longer period it might lead to weight gain.
Do’s & Don’ts:
The lemonade diet plan is an amazing diet plan for 10 days. A person on this healthy diet might take few days to recover from fatigue, nausea, weakness & lightheadedness. It is better to include fruits and vegetables in your diet to recover from these quite sooner. This will bring your body back to the normal digestive cycle. If you are looking for a quick-fix safe solution for your weight loss problems, lemonade diet is the best solution.
Pregnancy is the most exciting and also one of the most delicate time in women’s life. Women during this time should be very careful about their health as it’s not only about them now but also a new life growing inside her so now she has 2 responsibilities one is herself and other is the Read More
WHAT IS CATARACT?? A cataract refers to the clouding of the eye’s natural lens which lies behind the iris and the pupil. It is the principal cause of blindness in the world and is most common in people of age 40 years and above. There are 3 types of cataract: SUBCAPSULAR CATARACT: This type of Read More
Skin Diseases: Skin Diseases are the condition of skin in which they get infected or destroyed by many factors. Types of Skin Diseases: 1. Infectious or Communicable 2. Non infectious or Non communicable. Infectious or communicable: Disease which can transmit form one person to another by any mode of transmission and caused by many communicable Read More
Throughout India Tulsi is acclaimed as “The Queen of Herbs” and is revered as a sacred plant infused with healing powers. Tulsi is known as “Holy Basil” makes a delicious and nourishing herbal tea abundant with a vast array of health benfits. Medical usage of Tulsi Respiratory Diseases (Cold, Flu) – Pure Tulsi Tea will Read More
What is Skin Pigmentation?
Skin Pigmentation is just the regular shade of the skin. The reason individuals have distinctive skin shading and shade is a direct result of melanocytes which are the cells that are in charge of the generation of melanin. Melanin is the shade that is in charge of giving the skin, hair and eyes their shading. It additionally assists with the control of warmth, shields the body from UV radiation and gives corrective variety. The elements that influence the sum and circulation of melanin are hereditary qualities, endocrine framework and the earth.
What are Skin Pigmentation Disorders?
Skin pigmentation issue adjusts the shade of the skin. This is caused by harm or variation from the norm of the cells that make melanin. Pigmentation issue can influence the entire body or just fixes of skin. On the off chance that the body creates excessively melanin, the skin winds up darker like on account of pregnancy and sun presentation. On the off chance that it makes too little melanin, the skin winds up lighter like on account of vitiligo.
What are the Causes of Skin Pigmentation Disorders?
There is still no reasonable clarification of why skin color issue happen. Be that as it may, some skin color issue like albinism has a specific reason; it is an acquired latent quality. Hypopigmentation spots in association with vitiligo can be because of damage like a cut. Studies show that the light fixes of vitiligo don’t contain melanocytes, which are in charge of making melanin. A few specialists trust that vitiligo might be an immediate aftereffect of an immune system scatter. It has even been connected to conditions like Addison’s ailment and hyperthyroidism, which are associated with the adrenal organ.
Skin Hyperpigmentation can be caused by a scope of variables like poor nourishment and damage. There is even a mental disorder that makes a habitual need scratch which results to dim, rugged skin. The cover from melasma might be because of fluctuating hormone levels however it generally vanishes after the lady conceives an offspring.
Skin Pigmentation Disorder Symptoms and Signs
The side effects and indications of skin pigmentation issue are either obscuring or helping of the skin. It can influence the entire body or simply certain zones.
How is Skin Pigmentation Disorder Diagnosed?
There are distinctive analytic tests for particular skin pigmentation issue. Be that as it may, specialists and dermatologists can ordinarily analyze skin pigmentation issue through physical examination and by taking a careful medical history of the patient. For vitiligo, a visual exam is generally all that is required for determination. Other skin pigmentation issue may require blood tests and eye exams. For conditions like a skin disease or lichen simplex chronicus, a biopsy might be directed to think about the skin under a magnifying lens. A few doctors additionally utilize a dark light test, wood’s light or different gadgets to analyze a skin condition.
Treatment For Skin Pigmentation Disorders?
There are particular medicines for various skin pigmentation issue. For Albinism, patients are encouraged to conceal, utilize sunscreen and however much as could be expected to keep away from sun introduction with a specific end goal to anticipate skin disease. They likewise need to wear defensive eyewear or potentially remedy remedial focal points. For visual impedances, the medical procedure might be required.
For Vitiligo, patients are recommended a blend of photosensitive pharmaceuticals and bright light treatment to obscure light spots. In the event that the patient has de-pigmented patches that influence the greater part of the body, skin fading operators like monobenzone might be utilized for a more uniform appearance of the skin. There are additionally restorative concealers that can be utilized however skin uniting is another alternative.
For Hyperpigmentation issue, there are skin helping creams that can be utilized. Patients are additionally encouraged to dodge the sun. In the event that the issue is associated with poor sustenance, a dietician might be required for guiding. For individuals with lichen simplex chronicus, topical creams, as well as antihistamines, might be endorsed to quit tingling. For pigmentations or moles that are suspicious, specialists may need to carefully evacuate it with a specific end goal to avert skin growth.
Beauty care products can be utilized to quickly level out skin tone and conceal dull or light spots. There are tinted creams, establishment and other corrective items that can be utilized as a brief answer for skin pigmentation issue. There are additionally home cures that are shabby and safe wherein every single regular fixing are utilized for skin pigmentation issues. For instance, lemon can be utilized on dim spots since it is a powerful fading operator. Other regular lighteners incorporate nectar, onion, drain and Aloe Vera. In any case, a few people are delicate to certain normal cures which can result in the bothering of the skin.
Are Skin Pigmentation Disorders Triggered by Diet?
Poor nourishment can be one of the reasons for Hyperpigmentation. There are likewise sure sustenances that are known to quicken skin obscuring. For instance, nourishments like celery, limes and parsnips contain psoralens which assemble on the skin and pull in unsafe bright beams subsequently quickening obscuring of the skin. On the off chance that you have repeating dull spots on the face or neck, there is a plausibility that it is associated with such sustenances. Devouring these sustenances may not by any means uncover the skin yet contact with the skin surely can. Skin obscuring can likewise be caused by caffeine however just when devoured in expansive amounts. A solid, very much adjusted eating routine can be useful in counteracting skin pigmentation issue.
Tips to Prevent Skin Pigmentation Disorders
Simple and Affordable Home Remedies to Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation
The distinctive substance peels, over the counter medications or salon medicines, may guarantee to offer speedier outcomes, however, the impact only occasionally keeps going long and in addition to these medicines are very costly. These are similar variables that make the home cures more compelling and the most favoured as well. Likewise, home cures are protected and join the utilization of regular and reasonable fixings.
- Potato confront pack
Potato is known to be a standout amongst the most strong and normal fixings to cure skin pigmentation or to help the imperfections and dull spots. Potato is a rich wellspring of Vitamin C, riboflavin and iron. This rich vegetable even contains the chemical catecholase, which helps in helping the skin tone.
- Tomato, Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask
Tomatoes are wealthy in lycopene, which shields the skin from hurtful bright beams of the sun, in this manner shields the skin from pigmentation.
The grainy surface of oats can be utilized as a characteristic cleaning operator, which will bring about lighter and brighter skin tone.
Yoghurt is wealthy in lactic corrosive, which is again a characteristic fading operator and aides in helping the skin tone.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanser
Apple juice vinegar contains astringent properties, which helps in helping the skin tone and additionally decreases the dim patches and pigmentation.
Rules and Regulations of Skin Pigmentation
- Anticipate Skin Pigmentation Disorders
- Do utilize sunscreen every day, notwithstanding amid overcast days since UV beams can enter mists and cause hyperpigmentation.
- Try not to expect that outcomes from skin helping items or different medicines are lasting in light of the fact that hyperpigmentation is a long haul flight that requires support.
- Do utilize protected and viable items that are clinically demonstrated. On the off chance that you are uncertain, get some information about a specific item before utilizing.
- Try not to utilize skin helping items with possibly destructive fixings. Research is critical since there are numerous risky fixings in skin helping items like those that can harm the skin or increment skin malignancy chance.
- On the off chance that you think you are having any skin pigmentation issue, counsel a skincare proficient as quickly as time permits with a specific end goal to decide the reason and get the correct treatment.
- Do take after a solid and very much adjusted eating regimen wealthy in cancer prevention agents and supplements.
Pregnancy is the most exciting and also one of the most delicate time in women’s life. Women during this time should be very careful about their health as it’s not only about them now but also a new life growing inside her so now she has 2 responsibilities one is herself and other is the baby growing inside her. Pregnancy effects immune system, the food you eat has direct effect on the baby growing inside you.
To avoid health problems, here are food items women should avoid during pregnancy;
- SOFT CHEESE;
When you are pregnant, avoid soft, mould ripened cheese like brie, camembert and chevre, these are the type of goat cheese. These cheeses are more moist and less acidic than other cheese, high moisture and low acid are the perfect environment for the growth of listeria bacteria because of this there are chances that the soft cheese can have bacteria growing in it.
Listeria bacteria can cause infection Listeriosis and infection is the thing that pregnant women should always stay away from.
- RAW PAPAYA;
Raw or semi ripe papaya has sufficient traces of latex; a milky solution that is known to trigger strong uterine contraction which stimulate abortion. So, it’s very dangerous to eat raw papaya when you are pregnant.
Latex is not found in ripe papaya so it’s totally safe to eat ripe papaya.
Avoid liver or liver products when you are pregnant. Liver has high amount of vitamin A, too much of vitamin A is harmful for the growing baby and it can cause birth defect.
- UNPASTEURISED MILK;
Avoid drinking unpasteurised milk. There are chances that it may have harmful bacteria like listeria, salmonella, E.coli that can cause bacterial infection which is not at all good for mother and the growing baby.
When milk is pasteurised, the harmful bacteria present in it gets killed by the heat without affecting the nutrition value of the milk so always prefer pasteurised milk.
Do not drink caffeine in excess; limit it to 2 – 3 cups of coffee in a day. Intake of too much caffeine can cause problems like restricted baby’s growth, underweight baby and miscarriage.
Too much caffeine can also lead to problems like anaemia as caffeine slows down iron absorption in the body.
- RAW / UNDER – COOKED EGG;
Do not eat raw or under cooked egg as there are chances it may contain harmful salmonella bacteria which can cause food poison.
Egg is a healthy food if cooked in a proper way, so make sure eggs are properly cooked so that in case if there is any bacteria present it gets killed while cooking. Cook egg till the egg white and egg yolk get solidify.
- RAW / UNDER – COOKED MEAT;
Do not eat raw or under cooked meat such as chicken, mutton or pork as there is chances it may contain harmful salmonella bacteria which can cause food poison.
So make sure that meats are properly cooked at high temperature for proper time. When the meat is cooked at high temperature, the bacteria present gets killed by heat.
Raw and under cooked meat can also lead to digestion problem.
Stay away from alcohol; do not drink alcohol when you are pregnant. Everything you eat has direct effect on baby; alcohol can affect baby’s health directly by interfering in the baby’s growth in mother’s womb. Baby can get problems like “Fetal alcohol syndrome” and other development disorder.
Consuming alcohol also increases the risk of miscarriage.
Along with avoiding foods, follow good habits while eating like washing your hand more frequently as you never know your hand can be the first source of infection and avoid fruits and vegetable that has deep cuts as many time such cuts are mostly the homes of bacteria.
Patients with chronic kidney disease, a properly balanced nutrition play a vital role in maintaining the body health and preventing further kidney degeneration. In kidney disease, the body does not get rid of the waste and unwanted nutrients like toxic fluids, extra nutrients. These further buildup in the body and affect the kidney even more. Hence a change in the diet is a solution to keep the health of the kidney.
Depending on the intensity of the kidney disease, the principal component nutrients include protein, potassium, phosphorous, sodium and fluids.
1. Protein: principal function of the protein is to build and maintain bones, muscle, skin and hair. With the kidney disease, lower protein diet, he body condition worsened. Meats, seafood, eggs, legumes are good sources of protein. Seafood like shellfish, fish, and meat like beef, lean, lamb, pork, loin pork, turkey are the essential sources of protein.
2. Potassium: functions primarily for working of muscles and nerves. Any changes in the potassium level, affect the tonicity of muscles, hence their functioning. Hence a low potassium diet has to be maintained.
Apple, apricot nectar, cherries, cranberry juice, grapes, grapefruit juice, pear, lemon, lime, pineapple, plum, cabbage, corn, cucumber, onions, spinach, carrots, asparagus, alfalfa sprouts, lettuce, peppers are the fruits and vegetables giving less than 200 mg of potassium per serving.
For limiting potassium, these foods are to be eaten in a limit or avoided: banana, dried fruits, melon, mango, avocado, potatoes, broccoli, pumpkin, dried peas and beans.
3. Phosphorous: kidneys mainly control the balance of phosphorous in the body. When phosphorus is built up in the body, it removes calcium from the bones, leading to weakening of bones which break easily and cause severe pain. And too much phosphorous in the body, in the blood causes heart disease.
For a low phosphorous diet, milk substitutes like almond milk, rice milk, other supplements like angel food or cake, animal crackers, bun, cereals, cooked cereals except for oats, cookies of apple, berry, butter, popcorn, pita pocket.
To limit the phosphorous intake, boxed foods, cocoa, salad dressings, cheese(processed), light cream, soymilk.
4. Sodium: the primary and the most vital nutrient to be taken care of. The limit for sodium should be maintained, to prevent excess fluid from building in the body. When too much fluid is retained in the body, the blood pressure shoots up, suffer from breathlessness, and damage to the kidney and heart are observed.
Low sodium containing foods are bread, buns, rolls, desserts and pastries made from starch without much-added salts, fruits, meats without added sodium, homemade soups, vegetables without added salt.
The high sodium containing foods which should be prevented are boxed foods, cheese and cheese spreads, fast food, frozen dinners, soya and other Asian sauces, canned soups and vegetables.
5. Calcium: Calcium is another mineral component, calcium can affect kidney functioning, hence is limited by eating low-phosphorous containing foods. Phosphorus binders and high calcium content foods are to be avoided, as they deposit on the nephrons.
Losing weight has become a mandatory measure of survival in today’s lifestyle. It is vital to maintaining proper weight to avoid further chronic disease development in the later stages of life. Hence for more proper weight loss, we need to maintain a proper diet. Losing weight is completely using the saturated body fat for metabolism purposes. Hence a diet for the same should be followed.
The quick tips for a properly balanced weight loss regimen are:
- Have regular meals
- Eat in proper time periods
- Get homemade food
- Keep healthy and fresh food on the go
- Include all types of food types.
- Choose smaller size plates for eating less
- Avoid direct sugar and salt
- Eat more fibers like fruits, veggies, and nuts
- Keep a flexible diet plan.
The important foods which should be added to the weight loss regimen are:
- Almonds: they are the best source of monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats, helping in lowering body cholesterol. The constant the minimal calories thane any nuts and plenty of fiber and vitamin E. individuals who supplementary a daily portion of almonds to a low-calorie diet lost more mass than those who followed the same diet but ate a carb-heavy snack such as crackers instead.
- Apple: they contain pectin, which helps in slowing down digestion, keeping the stomach full. It acts as a natural appetite suppressant. They are also a good source of antioxidants, vitamin c, and fibers.
- Avocados: they are a storehouse of magnesium, potassium and other macronutrients.
- Bananas: they are the perfect source of resistant starch. They resist food cravings and keep the stomach full. They regulate blood pressure, replenish nutrients after the workout.
- Coffee: caffeine in coffee is a good source for speeding the body’s metabolism. A study in Physiology & Behaviour found that the average metabolic rate of people who drank caffeinated coffee was 16% higher than those who drank only decaf.
- Dark chocolate: contains a good amount of monosaturated fatty acids, speeding up the body’s metabolism. It also curbs chocolate cravings.
- Green tea: they are packed with antioxidants helping in fat burning, inflammation prevention and increase the energy.
- Lemons: apart from adding taste to the regular food, it serves as a pectin fiber, and a vital source of vitamin C.
- Oatmeal: they boost metabolism resisting starch and have 4.6 grams in half serving
- Oranges: from the family of citrus fruits, they contain low calories and plenty of fiber.
- Peanut butter: the favorite meal since childhood, it is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Having small snacks during the day that include a lean protein such as peanut butter with complex carbs (like an apple or banana) can also help keep your metabolism running smoothly.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin is packed with filling fiber which contains more than 20% of the daily recommended amount and potassium, vitamin B, and beta-carotene. And it’s low in calories but naturally sweet, making it the perfect ingredient for guilt-free baked goods.
When we talk about something that will improve our quality of life, it implies that something which will increase the sense of satisfaction of well being. This is a condition resulting from the combination of the effects of a complete range of factors such as those determining health, happiness, education, social and intellectual attainment, freedom of action, justice and freedom of expression. This is a composite measure of physical, mental and social well being as perceived by the individual or a group of individuals.
There are three indices for quality of life –
- Psychological well being,
- Life satisfaction.
Happiness is a mental state or condition that occurs when one’s subjective desires and aspirations are relatively met. Psychologists consider it as the ratio of material consumption and desire. Happiness, not only refers to a material well being. But is also concerned with personal judgments in an economic matter, family considerations, and health. Life is considered as happy when it is more meaningful and purposeful.
Psychological well being is one’s own perception of their everyday life activities. Such feeling may range from negative mental state to positive outlook.
Life satisfaction is the degree to which one reports satisfaction with the salient features of one’s life and space. It refers to the judgmental processes in which the individual assesses the quality of life on his unique set criteria. This is individual’s subjective evaluation of the degree to which his or her most important goal, wishes, and needs have been fulfilled.
The over three ideas are between related. Life satisfaction generates a feeling of well being which in turn produces happiness.
There are a number of factors which influence the quality of life.
Demographic factors like age, sex, and socioeconomic status are known to affect the quality of life.
Personal variables like education, health, home environment, occupation, recreation also influence the same.
Social variables like interpersonal relations, neighborhood and strength of civic agencies too decide the quality of life.
The simplest definition of ill health is that it is opposite of health i.e. it refers to any deviation from normal functioning or the state of complete mental, physical and social well being.
Disease, ill-health, illness, and sickness need to be differentiated as they don’t imply the same meaning.
- Ill Health: The term ill health refers to a diseased condition that prevents an individual’s optimal physical, mental and social well being.
- Disease: The term disease primarily refers to physiological dysfunctioning. Though, these days, the term expanded to include within its purview, psychological dysfunctioning as well.
- Illness: It is a subjective state of a person who feels aware of not being well. Therefore, it alludes to the nearness of a particular sickness as well as to person’s recognition and conduct in light of the malady. It also the effect of the ailment on the psycho-social condition.
- Sickness: A state of social dysfunctioning. It is a role that a person assumes when ill. It is therefore quite possible to be a victim of disease without feeling ill and to be ill without having any physical impairment.
This feeling of illness depends upon a number of personality variables like pessimistic outlook, jealousy, hostility, insecurity, lack of self-control, etc.
In recent years, the term lifestyle diseases have been coined to refer to the disorders that are caused by many health damaging personal habits. Psychologists have identified a number of behavioral risk factors that increase the chance of illness. These include overeating, lack of exercise, unsafe sexual practices, drug and alcohol abuse, violence etc. Cognitive variables like attitude, beliefs and value system too play an important role in determining sickness. Interpersonal relationships, neighborhood and person’s socio-economic status are also the major determinants of this psychological state. Negative dispositions and sentiments of defenselessness and misery can make interminable pressure. Which irritates the body’s hormone adjust, exhausts the cerebrum chemicals required for joy, and harms the resistant framework. Unending pressure can really diminish our life expectancy.
See More: Mental Health