Kidney Transplant In India
India has the biggest history of medical research and treatment since ancient times. Today we are to state that legacy has continued and now we are among the best medically advanced nations. Surgeons and practitioners stand No.1 in their respected field. Knee Replacement is the permanent solution to a patient who hasn’t opt for conservative treatment. Here you will find complete details of Kidney Transplant in India including cost and procedure.
Kidney Transplant Package Details
Kidney Transplant Surgery Cost: $14000 U.S Dollars
Duration of Stay:
- 5 days of Hospital stay for the Kidney Donor (Included in the Cost of Procedure)
- 8 Days of Hospital stay for the Kidney Transplant Patient (Included in the Cost of Procedure)
- Please note that it takes around 2-3 weeks for the patient and the donor to get the final clearance from the government committee appointed by our Indian Government before the actual Kidney transplant surgery takes place. The patient and the donor have to stay in a nearby guesthouse or hotel during this period. (Not Included in the Cost of Procedure)
The patient is advised to stay for about a month in India after the liver transplant procedure for recuperation and follow-up. The patient and the donor have to stay in a nearby guesthouse or hotel during this period. (Not Included in the Cost of Procedure)
In total, a stay of 2 – 3 months may be required in India for complete medical care and treatment.
- Airport Pick-up on Arrival in India.
- Airport Drop on Departure from India.
- Cost of initial Evaluation and Diagnosis.
- Cost of the Treatment.
- OT Charges and Surgeon’s Fees.
- Consultation Fees of the Doctor for the concerned speciality.
- Nursing and Dietician’s Charges.
- Hospital Stay for the specified number of days in the respective room category as mentioned against the package.
- Hospital stay includes the stay of the patient and one attendant for the duration of stay mentioned against the package.
- Routine investigations and medicines related to the surgery or treatment.
- Food for the patient and the attendant for the specified number of days as mentioned against the package
- Travel Assistance/Medical Visa Invite/FRRO/Visa Extensions
- Assistance in finding the right budget hotel or guest house accommodation
- All expenses for the stay beyond the specified number of days.
- Cross Consultations other than the specified speciality.
- Use of special drugs and consumables.
- Blood products.
- Any other additional procedure.
- Post-discharge consultations, medicines, procedures and follow-ups.
- Treatment of an unrelated illness or procedures other than the one for which this estimate has been prepared
- Travel Expenses and Hotel Stay
- Extra sessions of physiotherapy.
How long does it take to have a Kidney transplant?
Kidney transplant surgery takes about 3 hours. During surgery, the donor kidney will be placed in your lower abdomen, blood vessels from the donor’s kidney will be connected to arteries and veins in your body, and the ureter from the donor’s kidney will be connected to your bladder.
What is a Cadaver transplant?
Kidneys for transplant come from a living donor or a deceased (cadaver) donor. When a kidney is transplanted from a living donor, the donor’s remaining kidney enlarges to take over the work of two. As with any major operation, there is a chance of complication.
How old do you have to be to give a kidney?
No minimum age limit is specified under the Human Tissue Act 2004, but most donors will be over the age of 18 years. Children are considered only in exceptional circumstances, and the donation from them would require court approval. In Scotland, people over 16 years of age can be legally considered as living kidney donors.
Current Legal Status of Kidney Transplant in India
“As per the rules of Government of India, only a relative who is compatible can donate a kidney to the patient. Among the relatives, there is a category called the near relatives which are parents, siblings, children and spouse. People in this category can donate the kidney if they are medically compatible without the permission of the Government. Any other relative not belonging to this category in addition to being medically suitable, the permission from the Government needs to be taken.
The relevant documents that are needed for related and non-related transplants can be sent to you upon request
This is an estimate only. The above prices are indicative only and the actual price may vary depending upon the exact condition of the patient. This estimate is applicable only for the respective surgery or procedure or treatment and is not applicable to patients who have other health problems in addition to the problem for which the above surgery or treatment is done. Prices are valid for limited period and are subject to change based on currency fluctuations and other external cost factors.
The package does not include treatment of any unrelated illness or procedures other than the one for which this estimate has been prepared. Also, expenses for any additional hospital stay beyond the stipulated days as per the estimate shall be payable extra. The cost range is based upon our best understanding of the patient’s condition at the time of contact and more informed estimates can be provided once the patient is thoroughly examined by the concerned physician at the treating institution.