Foods that contain cholesterol incorporate dairy items, (for example, cheese or butter), rice and bread kitchen items. Beyond what many would consider possible, you should restrain the admission of these foods. Patients who have recorded critical levels of cholesterol are advised by doctors to stay away from these foods.
Cholesterol-lowering lowering foods deliver a good dose of soluble fibre and provide Polyunsaturated fats, And those with sterols keep the body From absorbing cholesterol.
- Oats contain a special type of natural soluble fibre called beta-glucan, found in the endosperm layer of the oat grain. Oats Choose oatmeal or an oat-based cold cereal breakfast for 1 to 2 grams of soluble fibre. Researchers have known for more than 50 years that eating oats can lower cholesterol levels and thus reduce a person’s risk of developing cardiovascular disease.
- Beans are especially rich in soluble fibre. They make you feel for longer after a meal and a good choice for folks trying to lose weight. Beans are excellent for your heart. Beans are high in fibre and they contain a lot of protein i.e low in fat. “Studies have shown that beans can help to lower cholesterol by as much as 8% with one half a cup of beans eaten regularly”.
- Nuts eating 2 ounces of nuts a day can slightly lower LDL, by as much as 5%. Nuts have additional nutrients that protect the heart in other ways. Studies showed that participants who ate a diet high in peanut products lower their total cholesterol, LDL “bad” cholesterol and triglyceride levels and maintained their level of HDL “good” Cholesterol.
- Fatty fish Eating Fish 2-3 times a week can lower LDL by delivering LDL-lowering omega-3 fats, which reduce triglycerides in the bloodstream. Fish contain omega-3 fatty acids which can improve cholesterol. Salmon, sardines, herring, trout and albacore tuna are oily fish
Stanols/Sterols are extracted from plants help the body to absorb cholesterol from food. Getting 2 grams a day can lower LDL cholesterol by about 10%.
- Plant stanol ester is oily substances found in plants. The scientist has discovered that these can stop the small intestine absorbing cholesterol, lowering the levels of cholesterol in the blood.
- High Cholesterol levels are linked to a raised risk of heart disease.
- Plant stanols are now used in many foods such as yoghurt, drinks and spreads.
- There is clear evidence that they have an effect.
When it comes to investing money, experts recommend creating a portfolio of diverse investments instead of putting all your eggs in one basket. The same holds true for eating your way to lower cholesterol. A diet that is heavy on fruits, vegetables, beans, and nuts is good for the body in ways beyond lowering cholesterol. It keeps blood pressure in check. It helps arteries stay flexible and responsive. It’s good for bones and digestive health, for vision and mental health.
The moment you think of the word fungus what actually comes to your mind? Mushrooms? Well, mushrooms are one type of fungi and so as is the yeast! The fungus is basically a type of germ that lives on our body where there is more of warmth & moisture. Armpits, vagina are the most prone Read More
What Is an Prostate Enlargement (BPH)? The prostate gland is located below the bladder in men and produces fluid components of semen. Over half of men ages 60 and above have enlargement of the prostate gland. This condition is sometimes called benign prostatic hyperplasia or benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH). It is not known exactly why Read More
BAD EFFECTS OF HIGH CHOLESTEROL: High blood cholesterol is a condition when the cholesterol exceeds the normal limit. Yes, the body needs it but as all the other things, in limits! It is a type of fat in the blood that the body needs to function normally. Cholesterol is used as a building block for many Read More
HEALTH TIPS FOR CHILDREN Healthy living is an important mantra of life for one and all irrespective of their age. Therefore, health and healthy living are as important for children as for any other adult individual. More important in fact is for children as the childhood phase is also the foundational phase, and the seeds Read More
Just Call it Liquid Gold: Olive Oil has been linked to a host of different health benefits, thanks in part to its high antioxidant content. Here’s a taste of what regular Olive Oil consumption (experts recommend 2 – 3 table spoon daily) can do for you.
Here are the Great Health benefits of Olive oil :-
Cuts Cancer Risk –
Women who ate a Mediterranean diet plus 4 table spoons of olive oil everyday had a 62% lower risk of developing breast cancer after 6 years compared to women on a low – fat diet.
Fights Wrinkles –
Those who ate more than 2 teaspoons of olive oil daily had significantly fewer signs of skin aging than those who only ate a teaspoon or less.
Lowers Blood Pressure –
Several studies show a diet rich in olive oil reduces blood pressure in healthy adults and can even reduce patients’ reliance on blood pressure meds.
Speeds Weight Loss –
People who ate Yogurt drizzled with olive oil consumed fewer calories throughout the day and had higher levels of fullness hormones than people who ate yogurt with lard, butter, or canola oil instead.
Slashes Diabetes –
Consuming at least one tablespoon of olive oil daily lowered type 2 diabetes risk by 10% in one large study.
Protects Bones –
Research suggests regular consumption of olive oil can prevent loss of bone mess.
Heart Health –
Olive Oil helps slow down heart aging process, antioxidants may offer protection against red blood cells damage.
Keeps Bone Healthy –
Olive Oil helps prevent the loss of calcium related to developing osteoporosis during later years.
Relieving Earache –
Olive Oil is known as being a natural remedy for earache and for dealing with excess ear wax.
People who follow a Mediterranean style diet that is rich in olive oil may be at a lower risk of depression.
Damaged Hair –
Olive Oil has the ability to moisturize hair that has become frizzy or dry.
Colon Cancer –
Research by Spanish Scientists has shown including olive oil in the diet lowers the risk of this cancer.
Skin Cancer –
It is used in skin care products as it is full of antioxidants and Vitamins A and E.
Olive Oil helps to give a feeling of fullness, and the contents of the stomach are digested more slowly.