The lemonade diet detox, also known as the master cleanse or the maple syrup diet is a diet which shows drastic weight loss in about 2 weeks. In the modern hectic era, it has become quite common among the people who adopt some ways for quick weight loss. Their emphasis is only on reducing weight in a short span of time. They fail to think of the consequences. The lemonade diet detox is popular and effective among the fad diets. It is not very popular dieting method but it is widely practised by Hollywood celebrities. It gained popularity when the actor & the Grammy-winning singer Beyonce, lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
It works as cleansing agent & detoxifies the whole body and so is the name “the master cleanse”. It is the only known effective diet plan which is easy as well s less time-consuming.
What is a lemonade diet?
The lemonade detox drink has 4 main ingredients – fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne & pure water. This is the best-suited diet to shed extra weight and to remove the accumulated toxins from the body.
Why should one opt for a lemon detox diet?
It is a 14 days diet plan during which you are not allowed to eat any solid food. No food is to be consumed during the diet course as it minimizes the effect of lemonade detox drink in your body. All you can have is the lemon prepared detox drink as the breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 weeks.
It eliminates the free radicals and other toxins present in your body, clears the digestive tract, eliminates excess fat, nourishes your body, increases metabolism rates and provides energy.
How does lemonade work for weight loss?
When you have decided to take up this diet then you should definitely do away with any kind of solid foods. Individuals on the diet should consume at least 500 to 600 calories every day. The intake of low-calorie liquid for about 2 weeks will help your body use the fat cells as an energy source for performing the necessary functions. This helps in burning the calories and result in weight loss.
How does lemonade diet work for cleansing?
The main ingredient of this diet is lemon which is an excellent source of vitamin C and acts as an antioxidant. This antioxidant helps to remove the free radicals that cause damage to the cell structure. This may lead to many diseases like heart attack, stroke, hearing impairments, and other heart diseases.
Maple syrup which is another main ingredient is a rich source of manganese which is helpful for normal nerve & brain function. It also helps to produce energy and improve the cell functions. It is also rich in zinc which boosts the immune system and the potassium & calcium present in it prevents stroke and heart diseases.
The water present keeps your body hydrated and helps to flush out the toxins present in your body. it also improves cell turgidity.
How to prepare lemonade detox drink?
What to and what not to consume during the lemonade diet?
- Fruits like apple, orange, grapes, kiwi, watermelon & muskmelon are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, ripe mango, apricot, papaya, dates are to be avoided.
- Vegetables like carrot, beetroot, capsicum, tomato, beans, broccoli, cabbage, onions, lettuce & gourds are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, pumpkin & potato are to be avoided.
- Protein-rich food like sprouts, fish, chicken, turkey can be eaten. Beef & pork are to be avoided.
What is the role of exercise when on lemonade diet?
The lemonade diet provided 600 to 700 calories per day. It is better to avoid vigorous exercises during this period as your body may not have sufficient energy to support it. Chances are more than you may feel weak & fatigue. However, one can do yoga and other stretching exercises that will improve blood circulation.
You may also like: Reasons You Should Drink Sugarcane Juice This Summer
The secret behind the lemonade diet!
The best part of the lemonade diet is that you get a slim body so quickly and also end up getting a gorgeous skin. When you consume low-calorie diet your body will not have sufficient energy to perform its daily activities. Eventually, it starts using up the stored fat to perform various functions.
Benefits of lemonade diet:
The lemonade diet program enables the body to balance its elements and maintain the optimum weight. The weight loss is only a secondary effect the main result of this diet plan is the detoxification of the organs in the body. During the course, the body sheds its fat deposits. In the course of this purification, the skin & the hair gets rejuvenated. The lemon juice and cayenne pepper flushes out all the toxins in the body and also cleanses the lymphatic system of toxins. The maple syrup contains all the necessary nutrients that your body requires during this period.
Side effects of lemonade diet:
- This diet may make you feel weak and fatigue.
- It might weaken your immune system
- You might experience mood swings and might find it hard to concentrate
- It might slow down the metabolism of the body
- If followed for a longer period it might lead to weight gain.
Do’s & Don’ts:
The lemonade diet plan is an amazing diet plan for 10 days. A person on this healthy diet might take few days to recover from fatigue, nausea, weakness & lightheadedness. It is better to include fruits and vegetables in your diet to recover from these quite sooner. This will bring your body back to the normal digestive cycle. If you are looking for a quick-fix safe solution for your weight loss problems, lemonade diet is the best solution.
HEALTH TIPS FOR CHILDREN Healthy living is an important mantra of life for one and all irrespective of their age. Therefore, health and healthy living are as important for children as for any other adult individual. More important in fact is for children as the childhood phase is also the foundational phase, and the seeds Read More
LASIK, a type of laser eye surgery, stands for “Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis”. This surgery of LASIK is used to improve and repair the problems of vision. It can address the problems of people who are suffering from refractive error difficulties like farsightedness (hyperopia), short-sightedness (myopia), and/or astigmatism. LASIK engages a surgical process to remove the Read More
Coconut Oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “Super Food”. It helps in treating various skin problems include psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections. Also it delays the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin and preventing premature aging due to its well-known antioxidant properties. Types of Coconut Read More
HIV/AIDS also called as Human immunodeficiency virus/Acquired immune deficiency syndrome. One of the most dangerous STD’s, significantly challenging the gobal world with its devastating effects.HIV is caused by the “LENTI”virus[a class of retrovirus].HIV virus mainly acts on the imunne system of the body,by attacking the CD4 cells.Destruction of these cells results in the loss of Read More
Skin Diseases: Skin Diseases are the condition of skin in which they get infected or destroyed by many factors. Types of Skin Diseases: 1. Infectious or Communicable 2. Non infectious or Non communicable. Infectious or communicable: Disease which can transmit form one person to another by any mode of transmission and caused by many communicable Read More
Losing weight has become a mandatory measure of survival in today’s lifestyle. It is vital to maintaining proper weight to avoid further chronic disease development in the later stages of life. Hence for more proper weight loss, we need to maintain a proper diet. Losing weight is completely using the saturated body fat for metabolism purposes. Hence a diet for the same should be followed.
The quick tips for a properly balanced weight loss regimen are:
- Have regular meals
- Eat in proper time periods
- Get homemade food
- Keep healthy and fresh food on the go
- Include all types of food types.
- Choose smaller size plates for eating less
- Avoid direct sugar and salt
- Eat more fibers like fruits, veggies, and nuts
- Keep a flexible diet plan.
The important foods which should be added to the weight loss regimen are:
- Almonds: they are the best source of monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats, helping in lowering body cholesterol. The constant the minimal calories thane any nuts and plenty of fiber and vitamin E. individuals who supplementary a daily portion of almonds to a low-calorie diet lost more mass than those who followed the same diet but ate a carb-heavy snack such as crackers instead.
- Apple: they contain pectin, which helps in slowing down digestion, keeping the stomach full. It acts as a natural appetite suppressant. They are also a good source of antioxidants, vitamin c, and fibers.
- Avocados: they are a storehouse of magnesium, potassium and other macronutrients.
- Bananas: they are the perfect source of resistant starch. They resist food cravings and keep the stomach full. They regulate blood pressure, replenish nutrients after the workout.
- Coffee: caffeine in coffee is a good source for speeding the body’s metabolism. A study in Physiology & Behaviour found that the average metabolic rate of people who drank caffeinated coffee was 16% higher than those who drank only decaf.
- Dark chocolate: contains a good amount of monosaturated fatty acids, speeding up the body’s metabolism. It also curbs chocolate cravings.
- Green tea: they are packed with antioxidants helping in fat burning, inflammation prevention and increase the energy.
- Lemons: apart from adding taste to the regular food, it serves as a pectin fiber, and a vital source of vitamin C.
- Oatmeal: they boost metabolism resisting starch and have 4.6 grams in half serving
- Oranges: from the family of citrus fruits, they contain low calories and plenty of fiber.
- Peanut butter: the favorite meal since childhood, it is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Having small snacks during the day that include a lean protein such as peanut butter with complex carbs (like an apple or banana) can also help keep your metabolism running smoothly.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin is packed with filling fiber which contains more than 20% of the daily recommended amount and potassium, vitamin B, and beta-carotene. And it’s low in calories but naturally sweet, making it the perfect ingredient for guilt-free baked goods.