Dengue Cure: Procedure, Cost And Side Effect | Dengue Treatment
Dengue is the vector-borne viral infection, regarded as a severe public health problem. It is transmitted by the mosquito Aedes aegypti. Dengue is considered as the major public health concern due to increase in the frequency of dengue fever over past three decades. Every year about 390 million dengue infections are reported where 70% of 96 million cases are reported in Asia.
Early Signs and symptom of Dengue:
- Chronic fever with any of the following conditions:
- Rashes on skin
- Body pain
- Nausea with persistent vomiting
- Mucosal bleeding
- Abdominal Pain
2. Sometimes the disease became severe when the condition is asymptomatic lead to the life-threatening situation of organ impairment.
Laboratory findings For Dengue
- Low platelet count below 100, 000 cells/mm3
- Positive tourniquet test
- Low WBC count
Treatment of Dengue
- Paracetamol is preferred to reduce fever but should be used with caution.
- For the treatment of diarrhoeal disease oral rehydration solution is recommended.
- Salicylates like aspirin should not be used as they increase the risk of bleeding.
- In prolonged uncontrolled shock there will be intravascular coagulation which causes bleeding and may lead to the development of lethal shock.In such cases, early and effective replacement of plasma losses with fluid and electrolyte solution results in a favorable outcome.
- Platelet transfusion is required when the platelet counts are below 20,000.
- If patients show signs of shock, he will be under constant and careful observation where pulse, blood pressure and respiration should be recorded every 30 minutes.
- Complete bed rest is advised until the recovery of the patient.
Cost of the Dengue treatment
Corporate hospitals generally charge between in the range of Rs. 10,000 to Rs. 15,000 for the platelet separation. Since the costs of platelet transfusion are not regulated and thus private hospitals are free to charge as per their price. The Dengue Ns1 test cost varies in different parts of India between the range of Rs. 600 to Rs. 1200. So the total costs of dengue treatment lie in the range of Rs. 25000 to Rs. 75000 depending on the severity. The recovery rate and safety profile of dengue treatment is high with very low side effects.
Side effects of the Dengue treatment
There are no such side effects of the dengue treatment as the safety profile of the treatment is high. But some risks like low immunisation, too much dehydration, pain due to the chronic fever will be there.If the patients treated early with all the precautionary steps increases the recovery.
[su_posts posts_per_page=”5″ order=”desc”]