“Fitness is not about being better than someone else, it’s about better than you used to be”.
This quote should be taken as a key principle for all the teenagers who are enthusiast towards the bodybuilding and gymming trends. In this article, we will talk about what should be adapted and what should not be to achieve perfect fitness goals.
Teenage is an exponential growth phase of an individual. At this phase, body asks for the high nutrition to achieve the correct growth. There are lots of myths associated with the teenage bodybuilding and one of the biggest is that doing weightlifting and regular gyming can stunt their growth. But the truth is that if it is done under proper supervision than it can definitely improve your game.
Teenage Bodybuilding: What should be adopted?
1. Nutrition for teens: To achieve your dream fitness goal one should give ample amount of nutrition to it. You need to have balanced diet to keep your body energized and grow properly. A balanced diet includes raw materials high in nutritive values of carbs, proteins, fats, and fibers.To attain proper body mass and weight one should have a good diet.
2. Be Hydrated: Throughout the day drink about 0.66x your bodyweight in ounces of water. To excrete all the toxic waste of out of your body one should drink ample amount of water.Dehydration of muscles can lead to painful cramps.
3. Avoid taking shortcuts: The mantra of bodybuilding is S=Dx (T+N+R) where S stands for the success which can only be achieved when D- determination is multiplied and added with T- training, N-proper nutrition, R- rest and recovery. None of the steps should be missed out to achieve your fit body goals. Don’t skip your meals with supplements and never go for steroids as they can cause serious damage to your health.
4. Recommended movements:
To get the best results some of the recommended movements are as following:
5. Get a proper checkup:
Consult the doctor before engaging in any of the bodybuilding programmes and get yourself checked for any of the abnormalities or risk of cardiac or bone diseases.
Things You should be avoided while Bodybuilding?
1. Avoid the Injuries: you should not focus so much on lifting the heaviest weights to maintain good form. Good form can only be achieved if you train under expert supervision to avoid the risk of injuries and this will definitely help in better development.
2. Avoid fancy Supplements: Most people think that supplements are the most important part of gaining muscle but are not totally true. Supplements are just additions to an already good nutrition and training program. Supplements do not make up for improper training and in teenage one should avoid taking testosterone enhancing supplements. When an individual is at his teen the level of testosterone is already very high and there is no need of supplements whereas instead of fancy supplements one can take the protein bar or ready to drink shakes. About 1.6 grams of protein each day for each kilogram that you weigh is optimal for an individual and one should not overdo protein in their diet with unnecessary supplements.
3. Take Proper Sleep: Our body needs about 7-8 hours of sleep and if you want to achieve healthy and fit body one should take proper sleep. Teenagers generally like to stay awake for late night but this habit affects their concentration and stamina and they will get distracted from their fitness dream goals.
Contemporary age is the age of challenges, challenges which are in context to one’s education, one’s profession and one’s interpersonal relations.
About 800,000 people commit suicide worldwide every year, of these 135,000 (17%) are residents of India, a nation with 17.5% of world population. Between 1987 to 2007, the suicide rate increased from 7.9 to 10.3 per 100,000, with higher suicide rates in southern and eastern states of India.
What can be of a greater context of sorrow that a person reaches a critical point radioactive enough to extinguish his very own existence! These are the extreme cases of mental depression. Multiple times more are the person who lie in the state of severe depression and carry out their livelihood in the similar melancholic fashion. A mental makeover is required to raise out the person going down to the graves on his own will.
Depression is the feeling of extraordinary sadness and dejection. The symptoms include psycho-motor retardation, loss of initiative, pessimistic outlook, feeling of sin/guilt, insomnia or hypersomnia, loss of appetite, loss of self-esteem or development of negative self concept, social withdrawal etc. The person looses interest in almost all the activities and faces difficulty in concentration. Recurrent thoughts of death flash his mind. The most severely depressed people may experience psychotic symptoms including delusion and hallucinations.
Most of the above symptoms must be present all day and nearly everyday for two or more consecutive weeks for diagnosis to be applicable. Most cases of depression clear up even without treatment in a matter of months and the average duration of untreated episode is between 8-10 months. The disorder can begin at any age but the most typical period is mid 20s.
There are several sub-types of depression.
The melancholic types are characterized by early morning awakening, loss of appetite and weight, inappropriate or excessive guilt, psychomotor retardation and severe anhedonia.
Chronic types are those which last for two or more years.
Catatonic cases are characterized by purposeless behavior and the person may stay fixed in bizarre postures. They may mimic every movement someone else has made (echopraxia) or engage in echolalia- a parrot like repetition of other people’s speech.
Causes and treatment of depression to be followed in the next blog…………..!