The lemonade diet detox, also known as the master cleanse or the maple syrup diet is a diet which shows drastic weight loss in about 2 weeks. In the modern hectic era, it has become quite common among the people who adopt some ways for quick weight loss. Their emphasis is only on reducing weight in a short span of time. They fail to think of the consequences. The lemonade diet detox is popular and effective among the fad diets. It is not very popular dieting method but it is widely practised by Hollywood celebrities. It gained popularity when the actor & the Grammy-winning singer Beyonce, lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
It works as cleansing agent & detoxifies the whole body and so is the name “the master cleanse”. It is the only known effective diet plan which is easy as well s less time-consuming.
What is a lemonade diet?
The lemonade detox drink has 4 main ingredients – fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne & pure water. This is the best-suited diet to shed extra weight and to remove the accumulated toxins from the body.
Why should one opt for a lemon detox diet?
It is a 14 days diet plan during which you are not allowed to eat any solid food. No food is to be consumed during the diet course as it minimizes the effect of lemonade detox drink in your body. All you can have is the lemon prepared detox drink as the breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 weeks.
It eliminates the free radicals and other toxins present in your body, clears the digestive tract, eliminates excess fat, nourishes your body, increases metabolism rates and provides energy.
How does lemonade work for weight loss?
When you have decided to take up this diet then you should definitely do away with any kind of solid foods. Individuals on the diet should consume at least 500 to 600 calories every day. The intake of low-calorie liquid for about 2 weeks will help your body use the fat cells as an energy source for performing the necessary functions. This helps in burning the calories and result in weight loss.
How does lemonade diet work for cleansing?
The main ingredient of this diet is lemon which is an excellent source of vitamin C and acts as an antioxidant. This antioxidant helps to remove the free radicals that cause damage to the cell structure. This may lead to many diseases like heart attack, stroke, hearing impairments, and other heart diseases.
Maple syrup which is another main ingredient is a rich source of manganese which is helpful for normal nerve & brain function. It also helps to produce energy and improve the cell functions. It is also rich in zinc which boosts the immune system and the potassium & calcium present in it prevents stroke and heart diseases.
The water present keeps your body hydrated and helps to flush out the toxins present in your body. it also improves cell turgidity.
How to prepare lemonade detox drink?
- 2 tsp of good quality maple syrup
- 2 tsp of good quality squeezed lemon juice
- A pinch of cayenne pepper
How to prepare:
In a glass, add the rich maple syrup. To this add the 2tsp lemon juice & a pinch of pepper. Add water to this and stir well.
What to and what not to consume during the lemonade diet?
- Fruits like apple, orange, grapes, kiwi, watermelon & muskmelon are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, ripe mango, apricot, papaya, dates are to be avoided.
- Vegetables like carrot, beetroot, capsicum, tomato, beans, broccoli, cabbage, onions, lettuce & gourds are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, pumpkin & potato are to be avoided.
- Protein-rich food like sprouts, fish, chicken, turkey can be eaten. Beef & pork are to be avoided.
What is the role of exercise when on lemonade diet?
The lemonade diet provided 600 to 700 calories per day. It is better to avoid vigorous exercises during this period as your body may not have sufficient energy to support it. Chances are more than you may feel weak & fatigue. However, one can do yoga and other stretching exercises that will improve blood circulation.
You may also like: Reasons You Should Drink Sugarcane Juice This Summer
The secret behind the lemonade diet!
The best part of the lemonade diet is that you get a slim body so quickly and also end up getting a gorgeous skin. When you consume low-calorie diet your body will not have sufficient energy to perform its daily activities. Eventually, it starts using up the stored fat to perform various functions.
Benefits of lemonade diet:
The lemonade diet program enables the body to balance its elements and maintain the optimum weight. The weight loss is only a secondary effect the main result of this diet plan is the detoxification of the organs in the body. During the course, the body sheds its fat deposits. In the course of this purification, the skin & the hair gets rejuvenated. The lemon juice and cayenne pepper flushes out all the toxins in the body and also cleanses the lymphatic system of toxins. The maple syrup contains all the necessary nutrients that your body requires during this period.
Side effects of lemonade diet:
- This diet may make you feel weak and fatigue.
- It might weaken your immune system
- You might experience mood swings and might find it hard to concentrate
- It might slow down the metabolism of the body
- If followed for a longer period it might lead to weight gain.
Do’s & Don’ts:
The lemonade diet plan is an amazing diet plan for 10 days. A person on this healthy diet might take few days to recover from fatigue, nausea, weakness & lightheadedness. It is better to include fruits and vegetables in your diet to recover from these quite sooner. This will bring your body back to the normal digestive cycle. If you are looking for a quick-fix safe solution for your weight loss problems, lemonade diet is the best solution.
[su_posts posts_per_page=”05″ order=”desc” orderby=”rand”]
Losing weight has become a mandatory measure of survival in today’s lifestyle. It is vital to maintaining proper weight to avoid further chronic disease development in the later stages of life. Hence for more proper weight loss, we need to maintain a proper diet. Losing weight is completely using the saturated body fat for metabolism purposes. Hence a diet for the same should be followed.
The quick tips for a properly balanced weight loss regimen are:
- Have regular meals
- Eat in proper time periods
- Get homemade food
- Keep healthy and fresh food on the go
- Include all types of food types.
- Choose smaller size plates for eating less
- Avoid direct sugar and salt
- Eat more fibers like fruits, veggies, and nuts
- Keep a flexible diet plan.
The important foods which should be added to the weight loss regimen are:
- Almonds: they are the best source of monosaturated and polyunsaturated fats, helping in lowering body cholesterol. The constant the minimal calories thane any nuts and plenty of fiber and vitamin E. individuals who supplementary a daily portion of almonds to a low-calorie diet lost more mass than those who followed the same diet but ate a carb-heavy snack such as crackers instead.
- Apple: they contain pectin, which helps in slowing down digestion, keeping the stomach full. It acts as a natural appetite suppressant. They are also a good source of antioxidants, vitamin c, and fibers.
- Avocados: they are a storehouse of magnesium, potassium and other macronutrients.
- Bananas: they are the perfect source of resistant starch. They resist food cravings and keep the stomach full. They regulate blood pressure, replenish nutrients after the workout.
- Coffee: caffeine in coffee is a good source for speeding the body’s metabolism. A study in Physiology & Behaviour found that the average metabolic rate of people who drank caffeinated coffee was 16% higher than those who drank only decaf.
- Dark chocolate: contains a good amount of monosaturated fatty acids, speeding up the body’s metabolism. It also curbs chocolate cravings.
- Green tea: they are packed with antioxidants helping in fat burning, inflammation prevention and increase the energy.
- Lemons: apart from adding taste to the regular food, it serves as a pectin fiber, and a vital source of vitamin C.
- Oatmeal: they boost metabolism resisting starch and have 4.6 grams in half serving
- Oranges: from the family of citrus fruits, they contain low calories and plenty of fiber.
- Peanut butter: the favorite meal since childhood, it is a great source of protein and healthy fats. Having small snacks during the day that include a lean protein such as peanut butter with complex carbs (like an apple or banana) can also help keep your metabolism running smoothly.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin is packed with filling fiber which contains more than 20% of the daily recommended amount and potassium, vitamin B, and beta-carotene. And it’s low in calories but naturally sweet, making it the perfect ingredient for guilt-free baked goods.
Heat stroke is a medical emergency as it is the most serious form of heat injury. The heat stroke mainly affects people above 50 years of age and also the healthy young athletes. It can kill or even cause damage to the brain and internal organs. If you suspect if anyone is suffering a heat stroke or also called as sun stroke, then immediately contact best doctors at free doctor helpline and get guidance regarding first aid of heat stroke and give the necessary first aid.
Heat stroke results due to long-term exposure to high temperatures and dehydration which will adversely affect the body’s temperature control system. If the core body temperature is greater than 104 degrees Fahrenheit then it will even affect the central nervous system.
Symptoms of a heat stroke:
The hallmark symptom of heat stroke is the core body temperature is greater than 104 degrees Fahrenheit. The common symptoms include:
ϖ Throbbing headache
ϖ Lack of sweat despite heat
ϖ Red, hot, and dry skin
ϖ Rapid heartbeat and shallow breathing
ϖ Nausea and vomiting
ϖ Muscle weakness and cramps
First aid for heat stroke:
If you suspect if anyone is suffering a heat stroke or also called as Sunstroke, then call freedoctorhelpline on +918010555444 and consult dietitian, nutritionist, general physician free to get the necessary first aid. Try out these cooling strategies:
♣ Fan air over the patient and also wet the person’s skin with sponge or hose.
♣ Apply ice packs to the person’s neck, back, and armpits.
♣ Immerse the person in a tub of cool water.
Risk factors for heat stroke:
Heat stroke is more common among older people who live in areas where there is not sufficient amount of air flow. People with chronic diseases, who consumes a lot of alcohol and who drink inadequate water are also at risk.
Other factors include:
¬ Age: infants, children below 4 years of age and older people are more vulnerable as they find it hard to adapt themselves to the high temperatures.
¬ Health: people with heart, lung, kidney diseases, obesity, underweight, diabetes, high blood pressure, alcoholism are all at greater risk.
How to prevent heat stroke?
When the heat index is extremely high it is better to stay indoors. If you have to move out then you will have to follow certain steps to protect yourself from heat stroke.
♦ Wear light weight, cotton, and loose fitting clothes
♦ Use sunscreen of SPF 30 and more
♦ Drink extra fluids to hydrate your body.
♦ During exercise, you should consume about 8 ounces of water even if you don’t feel thirsty.
♦ Reschedule or cancel outdoor activities during mid-day. Plan for it during early mornings or late evenings.
♦ Drink lot of fresh fruit and vegetable juices.
♦ Salt depletion can also result in heat-related illness. So substitute your fluids with electrolyte-rich drinks during sports activities.
♦ Monitor the color of your urine. Darker urine is a sign of dehydration.
♦ Avoid fluids that contain caffeine and alcohol as both these substances will worsen heat-related illness.
♦ At home, draw your curtains and open up windows on both sides to create cross ventilation.
Once you have recovered from heat stroke you will be more sensitive to high temperatures for few days. So it is better to stay indoors and avoid going out in heat or high temperatures. It is even better if you go for a pleasant morning walk as it refreshes your mind and body and makes you feel fresh from within.