“I am struggling through a very deep depression due to the fact that I can’t have baby. No one in my social circle understands it, neither do my family. I feel so alone and unhappy”, pleads one of my sister’s friend.
Female infertility is defined as a disease or condition of the reproductive system resulting in the inability to conceive after one year of unprotected, well-timed intercourse or the inability to carry a pregnancy to the delivery of a live baby.
There are two types of infertility in women. They are primary infertility which refers to a condition in which a woman has never been able to conceive; and secondary infertility in which the woman was successful in conceiving once but unsuccessful at the second time. Now let us take a look at the common reasons as to why the female is infertile.
1. Obesity – affects hormone production which thereby decreases ovarian function. Obese women at the age of 18 are sure to get Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) which is the most common and leading cause.
2. Being too lean – makes one’s periods irregular or even absent.
3. Getting older – due to perimenopause occurs, ovulation decreases and egg count declines.
4. Household chemicals – pesticides, pollutants, industrial wastes decrease pregnancy by 29% says a study.
5. Mother – women should ask their mothers about how old she was when she got her menopause. If she got early then probably their daughters too will. Every female is born with some amount of eggs. Certain genetic factors make them born with more or fewer eggs or use those eggs faster than an average woman.
6. Smoking – nowadays it is common among teenage and young adults. In the first place, smoking affects your chances of getting pregnant, in the second place it hurts the developing fetus. Even moderate smoking or second-hand smoking may damage endocrine function and lead to significant fertility issues. 13% of infertility cases are due to smoking.
7. Alcohol – few drinks a week won’t affect but heavy drinking leads to ovulation problems. A Swedish study tracked 7000 women for 18 years and found that heavy drinkers sought out fertility treatments. Drinking during early stage causes premature births.
8. Breastfeeding – it is a myth that pregnancy is impossible during breastfeeding but it is true that a woman nursing a child has trouble conceiving another one. A 2014 study from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine shows that women who wait less than 18 months have a shorter pregnancy or preterm birth.
9. Exercise – a 2012 study published in Fertility and Sterility say that normal-weight women who exercise vigorously have a harder time getting pregnant. The obvious sign may be a change in menstrual cycle.
10. Birth Control – if a woman stops taking all forms of hormonal birth control she will become pregnant within a month.
11. Thyroid Disease – subclinical undiagnosed hypothyroidism have subtle effects on fertility of women.
12. Caffeine – interferes with muscle contraction that helps eggs travel from ovaries to the womb.
13. Medical Conditions – health issues like polycystic ovarian syndrome, endometrioses (endometrial tissue implants and grows outside the uterus leading to pregnancy complications), uterine fibroids (non-cancerous lumps in or outside a woman’s womb leading to heavy bleeding during pregnancy, frequent urge to urinate, painful sex and infertility in women) can affect women’s chances of getting pregnant. Also, a woman suffering from autoimmune disorders, have trouble conceiving since their bodies reject fertilized egg.
14. Sexual Infections – sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia or gonorrhea cause pelvic inflammatory disease and fertility problems even after many years a woman contracts them.
15. Stress – it is not only the problem but women who have trouble getting pregnant are adopting stress management programs. Perceived stress can certainly alter hormonal levels and ovulation.
16. Epileptics – reproductive abnormalities and fertility problems are common in epileptic females.
17. Unexplained Reasons – the causes are not clearly defined or identifiable that happens in 20% of infertility cases.
These may be overcome by using drugs to stimulate ovulation, surgery in some cases, intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilization.
There is a unique pain that comes from preparing a place in your heart for a child that never comes. Those couples who have undergone this incomparable pain lament, “We wanted to write exactly what it is to lose a child, but for some reason, the page stayed empty. And we could not have explained it any better.”
All those who suffer out there my feeble advice will be ‘adopting a child may not change your world but for that child, the whole world may change.’
A large section of population wants to have their own children, most preferably. But in some cases, that is not possible. It can be because of inability to conceive in the wife or the husband, or the couple being gay or a single man or woman desiring to have his or her own child. In such cases, those people can go for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) surrogacy in India. They can easily opt for India as the costs are much lower here and also chances of finding a surrogate mother here are quite high.
So, evidently there are many such unfortunate couples and individuals out there who cannot bear their own children. But they can still become parents by opting for surrogacy. And hence the demand graph for surrogacy peaks inevitably. Regardless of this great demand, there are moral issues surrounding this surrogacy debate, a kind of moral conflict turning this great opportunity into a great controversy. As a matter of fact, there are various laws in the US defining exactly what is acceptable about IVF and what goes against the law and should not be practised. Turning towards India for surrogacy can in such situations boost hopes of such unfortunate couples.
What are the Advantages of choosing India for IVF Surrogacy?
- It will cost you only a fraction of that in the US or anywhere else.
- Medical tourism is a large and well organized industry in India, and hence India is well equipped to cater to your needs.
- Legitimate, and well prepared IVF centers in India and specialists are set up with various screened and tried surrogate mother in their documents. The ladies comprehend, and have concurred that conveying another family’s youngster is a job for which they are being enlisted, and that when the infant is conceived it will be given over to its appointing guardians.
What are the various laws guiding the IVF Surrogacy in India?
- There is no law confining any outsider originating from another nation and enlisting surrogate mother in India to give birth to their babies.
- The outsiders opting for IVF surrogacy can be either married or unmarried, gay, or single.
In any case, in light of the fact that there is likewise no international law with respect to surrogacy, now and then the legitimate nationality and lawful parentage of the kid can bring about perplexity when the new family returns home.
Another law is as of now being discussed in the Indian parliament. In addition to other things, it contains arrangements for:
- An independent agency that will monitor and take care of the Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) banks. Instead of the clinics, these banks are designated to recruit the surrogate mothers in India. This move also empowers the mothers with greater independence to negotiate their own fees.
- Each mother is limited to only 5 surrogate pregnancies.
- Each surrogate mother is entitled to an age limit of 35 years.
- An earlier assurance that the nation of origin of the charging guardians will acknowledge the child as theirs once it is conceived
[su_button url=”https://www.freedoctorhelpline.com/ask-a-doctor-free-24×7/” target=”blank” background=”#6ef9e1″ size=”7″]Ask a Doctor[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://tawk.to/chat/57670ffeec8ca2561a070639/default/?$_tawk_popout=true&$_taw k_sk=5b1b96a8ba7dc7f617994171&$_tawk_tk=222e79638b5b2e3e08e502a25d7fa461&v=578″ target=”blank” background=”#a5f293″ size=”7″]Consult a Doctor[/su_button]
What things you ought to Consider Before Planning your Trip to India for IVF Surrogacy?
Research the capabilities of the IVF specialists in India and their centers, so you know the ones you need to work with. Additionally, investigate the laws in regards to surrogacy in your nation or state on the accompanying:
- Will you be legitimately perceived as a parent or guardians of the newborn?
- Will your newborn be perceived as yours and be issued a passport to come back to your nation of origin?
- Will you need to experience adoption procedures before the newborn will be viewed as yours?
A few nations require a DNA test to demonstrate that the newborn is identified with one of the authorizing parents. A few nations would need consent from the birth parent (the surrogate mother) before the commissioning parent is permitted to travel to his or her own country with the child.
You are highly advised to get an agreement made covering every one of these issues signed by every one of the members . It is likewise fitting for the commissioning parents to employ a legal counselor in their nation of origin who can work with an attorney in India to draft the agreement.
Why should you Travel for IVF Surrogacy to India?
Since a large number of individuals as of now have and are content with their newborns, you should travel to India for surrogacy for the following reasons:
- India already has the mastery and the experience, needed to deliver surrogacy.
- The nature and quality of surrogate moms working with the best IVF specialists in India is the finest.
- The expenses will be much lower.
Going to your pregnant surrogate and being there at the birth of your child additionally, will give you the chance to encounter the marvels of a rich, delightful, old culture. IVF surrogacy in India is turning into the favoured choice for unfortunate childless couples and individuals all around the world.