Red bumps on my nose containing white points….never gone from 6 years of treatment ( 8 mnths roaccutane…and differnet many topical treatmemts)…is ellman or laser a solution? Man 25
Please get yourself evaluated by a skin specialist. Usually, following lines of treatment are followed in cases like that of yours:
- Topical treatment with appropriate creams containing certain active ingredients e.g. salicylic acid, tretinoin, benzoyl peroxide etc.
- Surgical removal for large bumps on face: May be used for milia or molluscum contagiosum
- Cryotherapy: Freezing of the bumps with liquid nitrogen.
- Laser treatment: Laser beams are used to remove the offending bumps.
- Curettage – The bumps are scraped off using a sharp a sharp instrument.
- Prescription of oral medicationsg. cimetidine for molluscum contagiosum and antibacterial ointments for infected white bumps on the face.
- Dermabrasion: This entails removing the top layer of skin using a special ablative tool
- Chemical peels: As the name suggests, a chemical is applied on the skin to burn off the affected areas of skin.