The lemonade diet detox, also known as the master cleanse or the maple syrup diet is a diet which shows drastic weight loss in about 2 weeks. In the modern hectic era, it has become quite common among the people who adopt some ways for quick weight loss. Their emphasis is only on reducing weight in a short span of time. They fail to think of the consequences. The lemonade diet detox is popular and effective among the fad diets. It is not very popular dieting method but it is widely practised by Hollywood celebrities. It gained popularity when the actor & the Grammy-winning singer Beyonce, lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
It works as cleansing agent & detoxifies the whole body and so is the name “the master cleanse”. It is the only known effective diet plan which is easy as well s less time-consuming.
What is a lemonade diet?
The lemonade detox drink has 4 main ingredients – fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne & pure water. This is the best-suited diet to shed extra weight and to remove the accumulated toxins from the body.
Why should one opt for a lemon detox diet?
It is a 14 days diet plan during which you are not allowed to eat any solid food. No food is to be consumed during the diet course as it minimizes the effect of lemonade detox drink in your body. All you can have is the lemon prepared detox drink as the breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 weeks.
It eliminates the free radicals and other toxins present in your body, clears the digestive tract, eliminates excess fat, nourishes your body, increases metabolism rates and provides energy.
How does lemonade work for weight loss?
When you have decided to take up this diet then you should definitely do away with any kind of solid foods. Individuals on the diet should consume at least 500 to 600 calories every day. The intake of low-calorie liquid for about 2 weeks will help your body use the fat cells as an energy source for performing the necessary functions. This helps in burning the calories and result in weight loss.
How does lemonade diet work for cleansing?
The main ingredient of this diet is lemon which is an excellent source of vitamin C and acts as an antioxidant. This antioxidant helps to remove the free radicals that cause damage to the cell structure. This may lead to many diseases like heart attack, stroke, hearing impairments, and other heart diseases.
Maple syrup which is another main ingredient is a rich source of manganese which is helpful for normal nerve & brain function. It also helps to produce energy and improve the cell functions. It is also rich in zinc which boosts the immune system and the potassium & calcium present in it prevents stroke and heart diseases.
The water present keeps your body hydrated and helps to flush out the toxins present in your body. it also improves cell turgidity.
How to prepare lemonade detox drink?
What to and what not to consume during the lemonade diet?
- Fruits like apple, orange, grapes, kiwi, watermelon & muskmelon are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, ripe mango, apricot, papaya, dates are to be avoided.
- Vegetables like carrot, beetroot, capsicum, tomato, beans, broccoli, cabbage, onions, lettuce & gourds are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, pumpkin & potato are to be avoided.
- Protein-rich food like sprouts, fish, chicken, turkey can be eaten. Beef & pork are to be avoided.
What is the role of exercise when on lemonade diet?
The lemonade diet provided 600 to 700 calories per day. It is better to avoid vigorous exercises during this period as your body may not have sufficient energy to support it. Chances are more than you may feel weak & fatigue. However, one can do yoga and other stretching exercises that will improve blood circulation.
You may also like: Reasons You Should Drink Sugarcane Juice This Summer
The secret behind the lemonade diet!
The best part of the lemonade diet is that you get a slim body so quickly and also end up getting a gorgeous skin. When you consume low-calorie diet your body will not have sufficient energy to perform its daily activities. Eventually, it starts using up the stored fat to perform various functions.
Benefits of lemonade diet:
The lemonade diet program enables the body to balance its elements and maintain the optimum weight. The weight loss is only a secondary effect the main result of this diet plan is the detoxification of the organs in the body. During the course, the body sheds its fat deposits. In the course of this purification, the skin & the hair gets rejuvenated. The lemon juice and cayenne pepper flushes out all the toxins in the body and also cleanses the lymphatic system of toxins. The maple syrup contains all the necessary nutrients that your body requires during this period.
Side effects of lemonade diet:
- This diet may make you feel weak and fatigue.
- It might weaken your immune system
- You might experience mood swings and might find it hard to concentrate
- It might slow down the metabolism of the body
- If followed for a longer period it might lead to weight gain.
Do’s & Don’ts:
The lemonade diet plan is an amazing diet plan for 10 days. A person on this healthy diet might take few days to recover from fatigue, nausea, weakness & lightheadedness. It is better to include fruits and vegetables in your diet to recover from these quite sooner. This will bring your body back to the normal digestive cycle. If you are looking for a quick-fix safe solution for your weight loss problems, lemonade diet is the best solution.
Over the decade the consumption of weed ( marijuana ) dried , leaves flowers , steams and seed of the Cannabis sativa has increased . It is the most commonly used drugs and its use is increasing rapidly . REASONS OF WEED CONSUMPTION To fit in , being rebellious as a teenager is the Read More
It is often seen that infants and young children show recurrent events of fever. The episode is repeated every now and then getting the parents anxious. In some children, the relapse interval is greater while in others, the fever is repeated at relatively lesser interval. To understand the cause, first it is important to know Read More
Breast lumps are often one of the most common alarming signals for a breast cancer. Still, it is very important to understand that all lumps are actually not dangerous. Most of them are non-cancerous and have a cure. There can be different reasons for the formation of a lump. In most of the cases, lumps Read More
Yoga (in Sanskrit योग) is a group of Physical, Mental and Spiritual practices or disciplines which originated in Ancient India. The origin of this practise have been speculated to date back to Pre – Vedic Indian Traditions, it is mentioned in the in the Rigveda. In Vedic Sanskrit, this means “to add”, “to join”, “to Read More
Pericardial Effusion – the fluid around the heart, is a clinical problem that is caused when an unusual accumulation of that fluid takes place in the pericardial cavity. A condition when there occurs some inflammation in the sac, then those inflammations of the sac are termed as pericarditis. This condition of pericarditis gives rise to Read More
It is a season of mangoes! How could we ever miss a chance of writing an article about mangoes! Mangoes are one of the most popular fruits in the world and they make up a huge percentage of the tropical fruits produced each year. Here are some health benefits of mangoes which you may not even know!
All fruits are rich in vitamins and minerals and mangoes are no exception having high nutritional value. Mangoes are an important source of carotenes which are essential antioxidants required by the body. They have high contents of vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, copper mineral, potassium, magnesium, & vitamin E. They are also good sources of fibre & 90% water content. The mango is a delicious & fascinating fruit. As with any fruits & vegetables, knowing the facts about mangoes help us to connect ourselves more with the fruit.
1. Helps in digestion:
Mangoes can facilitate healthy digestion. It contains enzymes that help in digestion and breakdown of proteins. The fibre present in mangoes helps the digestive tract to work more efficiently. The fibre also helps to reduce the risk of heart disease & type 2 diabetes. Green mangoes are rich in pectin than ripened mangoes.
2. Promotes healthy gut:
The flesh of the mangoes contains a large amount of prebiotic dietary fibre. This helps to feed good bacteria into the gut thereby promoting a healthy gut. A healthy gut is an indication for a healthy state.
3. Boosts immune system:
The generous amount of antioxidants & vitamin C present in mangoes help boost the immune system. Also, the 25 different types of carotenoids present help to keep the immune system healthy & strong.
4. Promotes eye health
Mangoes are rich sources of beta-carotene which help in the production of vitamin A that are good for the eyes. It improves the overall health of the eyes, improves vision, and even prevents loss of vision. It also prevents night blindness and dry eyes.
5. Lowers cholesterol:
Mangoes can also regulate the cholesterol levels. The large amounts of pectin present in mangoes help to bring down the bad cholesterol. The bad cholesterol is very harmful to the body as it causes plaque in the blood vessels and blocks the blood flow through it.
6. Clears the skin:
Mangoes are rich in vitamin A and vitamin C both of which are skin friendly. These vitamins are very crucial for healthy skin & skin repairs. It also exfoliates & eliminates the dead pores in the skin. Mangoes have large amounts of skin healing nutrients. For example, the fibre content of mangoes helps to clear the gut which accumulates a large number of toxins in the body.
7. Diabetics could also enjoy:
Though mangoes are sweet it is never a strict no for the diabetics patients. Generally, mangoes belong to the category of the low glycemic index which safe even for diabetics to consume. Foods with low glycemic index make sure there is the very slow release of sugar into the blood and there is no sudden peak in the release levels of the sugars. Besides that, mangoes are also rich in dietary fibres which regulate the blood levels.
8. Aids weight loss:
The phytochemicals present in the skin of mango act as natural fat busters. When you eat fruits rich in fibres you feel full for a longer time which prevents you from stuffing more fattening snacks.
9. Prevents cancer:
The antioxidants present in mangoes are good cancer fighters. They help to fight against prostate, breast, colon & leukaemia cancers. Having then quite often prevents the development of radicals in your body which are the main cause of cancers.
10. Promotes healthy sex:
Mangoes are rich in vitamin E. Having proper and balanced amounts of vitamin E can help have healthy sex and promote sex drives.
11. Help fight heat strokes:
Mango juice helps to cool down the body and also prevents overheating. When the sun’s energy is burning your body especially the muscles your kidneys get accumulated with toxins. Having mango juice can help overcome this.
Vitamin C also known as ascorbic acid is in abundantly present in fruits and vegetables. It is a water-soluble vitamin and also powerful antioxidant which helps the body form and maintain the connective tissue, including the bones, skin and blood vessels.
What does Vitamin C do? What are some of its health benefits?
Many people think of vitamin C as a less required nutrient. Surprisingly, Vitamin C has a lot of health benefits. It helps to repair & regenerate tissues, it makes collagen that supports our blood vessels and ligaments, fights against heart diseases, prevents scurvy and also combats against a variety of cancers by fighting against free radicals. It also helps to lessen the duration & symptoms of common cold, reduces the impacts of cataracts and absorbs iron from plant-based foods and thus provides a healthy immune system.
Health benefits of vitamin C:
- IMMUNITY: Vitamin C prevents the body from infections and helps to maintain healthy teeth and bones. It also improves the body’s ability to fight against bacteria, viruses and other infections thereby providing the better immune system. Vitamin C when consumed orally helps to heal the wounds better.
- ANTIOXIDANT: Vitamin C is a powerful and effective antioxidant that protects the body from free radicals that cause cellular rust or oxidative stress which can lead to much serious health conditions such as stroke or heart diseases.
- HYPERTENSION: Vitamin C lowers the blood pressure and decreases the chances of hypertension and also other serious health issues accompanied by hypertension.
- LEAD TOXICITY: Vitamin C can lower the level of lead in the blood. Lead toxicity can cause behavioral and developmental changes in children especially among those living in urban areas. Lead toxicity may lead to lowered IQ levels, learning disabilities and stunted growth among children. Adults may experience kidney damage or high blood pressure due to lead toxicity.
- LOSS WEIGHT: Vitamin C fruits and juices helps to lose fat and thereby remain healthy. Vitamin C rich foods also help in maintaining insulin level.
- ASTHMA: People with low levels of vitamin C have greater chances of getting asthma. Increasing the level of vitamin C will lessen the production of histamine that contributes to inflammation.
- SKIN: Vitamin C prevents the skin from the harmful radiations of the sun. It is an important ingredient in skin care treatments. It protects the skin from free radicals that develop due to the exposure to the sun, pollution, and regular
- HEALS WOUNDS FASTER: Vitamin C has the ability to heal the wounds faster. If the wound heals at a very low rate then it indicates a deficiency of vitamin C. it improves skin elasticity that helps to create scar tissue and ligaments for a quick
- PROTECTS AGAINST SKIN DISCOLORATION: It protects DNA from the photochemical reaction which can cause skin discoloration, tumor or skin cancers in the worst
- IMPROVES HAIR GROWTH: Deficiency of vitamin C may be a root cause for many of the hair related problems. Vitamin C deficiency can cause dry hair or split ends. These can adversely affect the hair growth. When our body breaks don the food we eat into glucose for energy, it produces free radicals which can damage the hair making it weak, brittle and prone to breakage.
- FIGHTS DANDRUFF: Vitamin C helps to fight the bacteria on the scalp. It also washes off all dandruff and encourages the growth of new hair. It also helps to cure dry and itchy hair because of antiviral properties.
- PREVENTS HAIRLOSS: It helps in proper functioning of the adrenal gland which encourages hair growth and prevents hair fall as well.
- THICKENS HAIR: It improves blood circulation and helps to strengthen and repair capillaries. This is very important that helps the hair to grow thicker.
- PREVENTS GREYING OF HAIR: It not only prevents hair loss but also helps to retain the natural color of the hair thereby preventing premature graying of hair.
VITAMIN C CHART OF REQUIREMENTS:
- ¨ MEN- Men requires about 90mg per day
- ¨ WOMEN– Women requires about 75mg per day
- ¨ PREGNANT WOMEN- pregnant women requires about 85mg per day
- ¨ BREASTFEEDING WOMEN- breastfeeding women requires about 120mg per day
The smoker will benefit only if they consume a higher intake of vitamin C. They require about 250mg per day
Food sources rich in vitamin C
- Fruits and vegetables are the best sources of vitamin c. One can incorporate these foods into the diet to get the recommended amount of vitamin C.
- Citrus fruits such as oranges, lemon, and their juices, kiwi, red and green pepper are all rich sources of vitamin C. other fruits and vegetables include baked potatoes and tomatoes, broccoli and strawberries.
- Vitamin C is also a dietary supplement and it comes in many forms such as capsules, tablets or even drinks mix packs.
Now that you know the benefits of Vitamin C, make sure you are taking it in the recommended amounts daily.