Its time for the summer vacations when your kids and family wait to travel around the city or outside the town. Most of you must have already planned up their outdoor vacations to enjoy the summers and make best possible use of their holiday time. The vacation can be a beach or can be some other open area where your kids can play and enjoy amply. And who doesn’t enjoy that? However, if we do not take precautions then the outcome of this generous fun and enjoyment may all in the summer outside may be a cause of sunburn and tanning.
What is Tan or tanning?
Tan or tanning is a natural process that occurs when you come in touch with the sun rays and expose your skin to the sun for a certain period. Tanning can affect any part of your body that is exposed to the sun, it may affect your face, your hands, legs, neck or any uncovered area. Tan or suntan is the mechanism of the skin to protect itself from the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays that are emitted from the sun. During the process, the skin tends to increase its production level of melanin to protect the skin from any further damage. This increase in the melanin darkens your skin tone due to the exposure.
How to remove tan at home?
To get rid of the tan, most of the time we tend to incline towards trying different sorts of over the counter medications and try various fairness creams that are easily available in the markets today to have a fairer skin that has been affected by the tanning. However, it may be noted that apart from the cosmetic options, there are several natural ways as well to treat suntan effectively and fast. Few of the natural and safe remedies for staying tan-free are given below:
- Go for a cool shower and bath immediately to make your skin cool and minimize the acuteness of your sunburn.
- Apply fresh coconut water on the tanning affected areas and leave it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water to uncover a natural fairer skin. Virgin coconut oils will also help.
- Apply a combination of yogurt with equal portions of fresh tomato juice to the affected areas, leave it for around 30 minutes, and wash with normal cold water.
- Applying the orange juice on the affected parts with the same process also works well for the suntan.
- Blend around half of a cucumber with equal portions of yogurt, sandalwood powder, and a few drops of rose-water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it dry. Later rinse it off with clean water.
- Applying a mixture of lemon and honey may also help.
- Similarly, applying a mixture of chicken or gram flour, lemon, pinches of turmeric powder, and a few drops of raw milk is also very effective.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel and a deep moisture is another quick remedy to get a tan-free skin which also makes your skin fairer very fast.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking ample amount of water and other fluids.
Continuous, prolonged or overexposure to the sun may harm your skin and affect it so that it tends to age earlier and rapidly. It also roughens your skin and makes them dry and wrinkled over the period. Any type of sunburn can harm your skin and cause damage to the exposed areas. Treating the effects of sunburns and removing the tanning may take some time and maybe a bit tough. Therefore, it is always recommended to prepare yourself in advance and stay tan-free with much comfort.
GIVE YOUR BODY A SUGAR BREAK We all have a craze for chocolates, candies, fresh juices, & ice-creams. What do you think is the major ingredient of all these stuff? Yes, it is the sugar. Though we all love the taste of it, we hardly think of the effects that sugar has on health. Added Read More
What is Dandruff? and What Doctors Say about it? Before knowing about how to prevent dandruff, one must know what dandruff is and how and why it is caused? So, the first step as always is to get the basics right and then prevention would be a cakewalk! As per skin doctors’ dandruff is often the Read More
Home remedies for a Cough and Cold always come to the rescue for treatment of primary level of the disease. They are majorly the kitchen remedies for the elimination of a cough and treatment of throat infection. These remedies mostly include ayurvedic treatment remedies. The list of home remedies is majorly used for the treatment Read More
Dialysis: It’s a Lifesaver Your specialist says you’re nearing stage five kidney ailment and you have to begin considering a transplant or dialysis treatment alternatives soon. It’s totally justifiable to ponder what lies ahead. You could feel apprehensive, frightened, prepared to begin feeling better once more—or possibly the greater part of the above. Regardless of Read More
BAD EFFECTS OF HIGH CHOLESTEROL: High blood cholesterol is a condition when the cholesterol exceeds the normal limit. Yes, the body needs it but as all the other things, in limits! It is a type of fat in the blood that the body needs to function normally. Cholesterol is used as a building block for many Read More