Its time for the summer vacations when your kids and family wait to travel around the city or outside the town. Most of you must have already planned up their outdoor vacations to enjoy the summers and make best possible use of their holiday time. The vacation can be a beach or can be some other open area where your kids can play and enjoy amply. And who doesn’t enjoy that? However, if we do not take precautions then the outcome of this generous fun and enjoyment may all in the summer outside may be a cause of sunburn and tanning.
What is Tan or tanning?
Tan or tanning is a natural process that occurs when you come in touch with the sun rays and expose your skin to the sun for a certain period. Tanning can affect any part of your body that is exposed to the sun, it may affect your face, your hands, legs, neck or any uncovered area. Tan or suntan is the mechanism of the skin to protect itself from the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays that are emitted from the sun. During the process, the skin tends to increase its production level of melanin to protect the skin from any further damage. This increase in the melanin darkens your skin tone due to the exposure.
How to remove tan at home?
To get rid of the tan, most of the time we tend to incline towards trying different sorts of over the counter medications and try various fairness creams that are easily available in the markets today to have a fairer skin that has been affected by the tanning. However, it may be noted that apart from the cosmetic options, there are several natural ways as well to treat suntan effectively and fast. Few of the natural and safe remedies for staying tan-free are given below:
- Go for a cool shower and bath immediately to make your skin cool and minimize the acuteness of your sunburn.
- Apply fresh coconut water on the tanning affected areas and leave it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water to uncover a natural fairer skin. Virgin coconut oils will also help.
- Apply a combination of yogurt with equal portions of fresh tomato juice to the affected areas, leave it for around 30 minutes, and wash with normal cold water.
- Applying the orange juice on the affected parts with the same process also works well for the suntan.
- Blend around half of a cucumber with equal portions of yogurt, sandalwood powder, and a few drops of rose-water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it dry. Later rinse it off with clean water.
- Applying a mixture of lemon and honey may also help.
- Similarly, applying a mixture of chicken or gram flour, lemon, pinches of turmeric powder, and a few drops of raw milk is also very effective.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel and a deep moisture is another quick remedy to get a tan-free skin which also makes your skin fairer very fast.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking ample amount of water and other fluids.
Continuous, prolonged or overexposure to the sun may harm your skin and affect it so that it tends to age earlier and rapidly. It also roughens your skin and makes them dry and wrinkled over the period. Any type of sunburn can harm your skin and cause damage to the exposed areas. Treating the effects of sunburns and removing the tanning may take some time and maybe a bit tough. Therefore, it is always recommended to prepare yourself in advance and stay tan-free with much comfort.
FATTY LIVER: WHAT IS IT? The liver is the second largest and a very important organ in the body. The liver’s function is like that of a water purifier that is to process everything one eats and drinks. It then filters the harmful substances from the blood. This process is, however, hindered if there is Read More
Vitamin E is an important vitamin which governs the functions of many organs in the body. It is a very good antioxidant which means it works better to slow down the processes which damage the cells. It has many benefits if taken in recommended amounts. However, too much of vitamin E in the body has Read More
Free Doctor Helpline Health Blog -Consult Online Doctors Chat/Call/Whatsapp/SMS 24/7 free,Read/write Reviews about Doctors/Hospitals/Clinic,ask health query
The stressful lifestyle and improper rest has lead many on the way to headaches. Headaches have become a common problem of the modern times that stems out of a variety of causes. The worst of them being migraine! According to the World Health Organization, it is one of the most disabling conditions worldwide. It is Read More
What is OCD?? OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is a psychological wellness condition that revolves around crippling obsessions or impulse, troubling activities, and monotonous musings. A 2001 World Health Organization (WHO) psychological wellness report evaluated that OCD was among the main 20 reasons for sickness related incapacity worldwide for individuals matured 15 to 44 years. The Read More