Most often when a woman is not able to conceive or is not getting pregnant, then it is predicted that the women are infertile. However, men play an equally important role in the process of fertilization. Around 1 in every 5 infertile couple, the reason is the fertility issue of men. Low sperm count in men can be one of the major reasons for this infertility. Around 90% of the times, the reason for male infertility is the problem of low sperm count. As a couple, struggling to conceive for one’s own child is really a frustrating experience and a concern.
Facts to know:
- The condition when your sperm counts are low, i.e., less than 15 million sperm/ml are medically termed as oligospermia.
- In case sperms are found totally missing and your semen sample is tested to have no sperms at all, then that condition is medically termed as azoospermia.
- During your struggle to conceive or having a child, knowing the count of your sperms that you ejaculate during the process may be quite important.
- A total sperm count of 20 million or more is a healthy count.
- 40% or more of your total sperms moving in the forward direction indicates a healthy percentage of mortality rate.
- Shapes of sperms that consists of an oval head of around 5 to 6 micrometres long and having only one long tail are as healthy sperms.
Treatments & Preventions for the Low Sperm Count:
The treatment process depends on the cause and level of complications associated with the problem. However, few of the common treatments are listed below:
- Medications like anabolic steroids, etc. as prescribed by the doctors
- Antibiotics may be prescribed
- Hormonal treatments as per the prescribed medications or drugs
- Regularizing the sexual intercourse process
- Avoiding usage of lubricants
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Keep away from excessive heat
- Stay away from excessive smoking and alcohol consumptions
- Try to manage your stress levels
It is to be noted that both you and your partner must get yourselves tested for fertility even if you already show the symptoms of low sperm count. Later, in case it is detected that you have a low sperm count, still, you should not lose your hope because at times the sperm counts may also get boosted with the right intake of vitamins and other supplements. Otherwise, if the cause of low sperm count is the presence of some hormonal problem in your body, then going for a surgery or a replacement therapy can be helpful.
Apart from this, today there are various other options also available for infertile couples who are unable to increase their sperm count. They may anytime opt for an In vitro fertilization (IVF) or go for an adoption process. Whatsoever is the situation, consulting with your doctor is always the best option to pamper yourself and your partner.
Most of us feel that cholesterol are bad for health and try to avoid them. Few of us know that there exists good cholesterol too, which can do miracles for our body. Still fewer know the ways to increase this good cholesterol level in the blood and derive the benefits. Cholesterol are a specific class Read More
Everybody needs to look and feel their best on their big day. Most brides and grooms will try to tune themselves which may include a workout session in the gym, or saying ‘no’ to food involving fats. They will try to be in the best shape of their life, as that moment is going to Read More
Often very delicate individuals are over and over again seen as feeble or broken. In any case being sensitive or emotional isn’t a side effect of shortcoming, it is normal for a really alive and sympathetic individual. It isn’t the delicate individual who is broken, it is society’s understanding that has turned out to be Read More
Food poisoning is an intense gastro-enteritis caused by the ingestion of the food or drinks sullied with either living microscopic organisms or their poisons or inorganic synthetic substances and toxic substance conveyed from the plants and creatures. Food poisoning results when you eat food contaminated with bacteria or other pathogens such as parasites or viruses. Read More