Its time for the summer vacations when your kids and family wait to travel around the city or outside the town. Most of you must have already planned up their outdoor vacations to enjoy the summers and make best possible use of their holiday time. The vacation can be a beach or can be some other open area where your kids can play and enjoy amply. And who doesn’t enjoy that? However, if we do not take precautions then the outcome of this generous fun and enjoyment may all in the summer outside may be a cause of sunburn and tanning.
What is Tan or tanning?
Tan or tanning is a natural process that occurs when you come in touch with the sun rays and expose your skin to the sun for a certain period. Tanning can affect any part of your body that is exposed to the sun, it may affect your face, your hands, legs, neck or any uncovered area. Tan or suntan is the mechanism of the skin to protect itself from the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays that are emitted from the sun. During the process, the skin tends to increase its production level of melanin to protect the skin from any further damage. This increase in the melanin darkens your skin tone due to the exposure.
How to remove tan at home?
To get rid of the tan, most of the time we tend to incline towards trying different sorts of over the counter medications and try various fairness creams that are easily available in the markets today to have a fairer skin that has been affected by the tanning. However, it may be noted that apart from the cosmetic options, there are several natural ways as well to treat suntan effectively and fast. Few of the natural and safe remedies for staying tan-free are given below:
- Go for a cool shower and bath immediately to make your skin cool and minimize the acuteness of your sunburn.
- Apply fresh coconut water on the tanning affected areas and leave it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water to uncover a natural fairer skin. Virgin coconut oils will also help.
- Apply a combination of yogurt with equal portions of fresh tomato juice to the affected areas, leave it for around 30 minutes, and wash with normal cold water.
- Applying the orange juice on the affected parts with the same process also works well for the suntan.
- Blend around half of a cucumber with equal portions of yogurt, sandalwood powder, and a few drops of rose-water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it dry. Later rinse it off with clean water.
- Applying a mixture of lemon and honey may also help.
- Similarly, applying a mixture of chicken or gram flour, lemon, pinches of turmeric powder, and a few drops of raw milk is also very effective.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel and a deep moisture is another quick remedy to get a tan-free skin which also makes your skin fairer very fast.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking ample amount of water and other fluids.
Continuous, prolonged or overexposure to the sun may harm your skin and affect it so that it tends to age earlier and rapidly. It also roughens your skin and makes them dry and wrinkled over the period. Any type of sunburn can harm your skin and cause damage to the exposed areas. Treating the effects of sunburns and removing the tanning may take some time and maybe a bit tough. Therefore, it is always recommended to prepare yourself in advance and stay tan-free with much comfort.
Pregnancy is the most exciting and also one of the most delicate time in women’s life. Women during this time should be very careful about their health as it’s not only about them now but also a new life growing inside her so now she has 2 responsibilities one is herself and other is the Read More
We have heard enough of diseases which are spread by mosquitoes. These diseases are considered serious and so catches immediate attention for treatment. The mosquitoes are well known for transmitting viruses from one person to another. One such harmful virus is the Zika virus. Unlike other viruses, the zika virus is a deadly virus. In Read More
It can be alarming to see blood – red urine colour the toilet bowl, or green, blue, cloudy. Most of the time, however, there’s a non – threatening explanation for urine that comes in all the colors of the rainbow. Some medications, laxatives, chemotherapy drugs, and even food can change the color of your urine. Read More
“I am struggling through a very deep depression due to the fact that I can’t have baby. No one in my social circle understands it, neither do my family. I feel so alone and unhappy”, pleads one of my sister’s friend. Female infertility is defined as a disease or condition of the reproductive system resulting Read More
Heart Disease / Cardiovascular Disease are a class of diseases that affects the heart and blood vessels many of which are related to a process called Atherosclerosis. Heart Diseases is the number one killer of women, learn how to protect yourself or someone you love. Start Healthy Habit now – Research indicates that women who Read More