Its time for the summer vacations when your kids and family wait to travel around the city or outside the town. Most of you must have already planned up their outdoor vacations to enjoy the summers and make best possible use of their holiday time. The vacation can be a beach or can be some other open area where your kids can play and enjoy amply. And who doesn’t enjoy that? However, if we do not take precautions then the outcome of this generous fun and enjoyment may all in the summer outside may be a cause of sunburn and tanning.
What is Tan or tanning?
Tan or tanning is a natural process that occurs when you come in touch with the sun rays and expose your skin to the sun for a certain period. Tanning can affect any part of your body that is exposed to the sun, it may affect your face, your hands, legs, neck or any uncovered area. Tan or suntan is the mechanism of the skin to protect itself from the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays that are emitted from the sun. During the process, the skin tends to increase its production level of melanin to protect the skin from any further damage. This increase in the melanin darkens your skin tone due to the exposure.
How to remove tan at home?
To get rid of the tan, most of the time we tend to incline towards trying different sorts of over the counter medications and try various fairness creams that are easily available in the markets today to have a fairer skin that has been affected by the tanning. However, it may be noted that apart from the cosmetic options, there are several natural ways as well to treat suntan effectively and fast. Few of the natural and safe remedies for staying tan-free are given below:
- Go for a cool shower and bath immediately to make your skin cool and minimize the acuteness of your sunburn.
- Apply fresh coconut water on the tanning affected areas and leave it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water to uncover a natural fairer skin. Virgin coconut oils will also help.
- Apply a combination of yogurt with equal portions of fresh tomato juice to the affected areas, leave it for around 30 minutes, and wash with normal cold water.
- Applying the orange juice on the affected parts with the same process also works well for the suntan.
- Blend around half of a cucumber with equal portions of yogurt, sandalwood powder, and a few drops of rose-water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it dry. Later rinse it off with clean water.
- Applying a mixture of lemon and honey may also help.
- Similarly, applying a mixture of chicken or gram flour, lemon, pinches of turmeric powder, and a few drops of raw milk is also very effective.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel and a deep moisture is another quick remedy to get a tan-free skin which also makes your skin fairer very fast.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking ample amount of water and other fluids.
Continuous, prolonged or overexposure to the sun may harm your skin and affect it so that it tends to age earlier and rapidly. It also roughens your skin and makes them dry and wrinkled over the period. Any type of sunburn can harm your skin and cause damage to the exposed areas. Treating the effects of sunburns and removing the tanning may take some time and maybe a bit tough. Therefore, it is always recommended to prepare yourself in advance and stay tan-free with much comfort.
Term ayurveda means science of life, the word is taken from Sanskrit in which ayur = life and Veda = science, and it is derived from athrawa veda one of the four Veda according to Hindu religion. So ayurveda is the science of life which tells us about all the physiological activity of our life, Read More
The normal temperature of the body is usually between 36.5-37.5 degrees Celsius. When the body is not able to cool down and go back to its normal body temperature, we refer to this condition as body heat. There can be many reasons as to why the body heats up. Rising temperatures, exposure to scorching sun Read More
It is very strange that the doctors prescribe antibiotics for every second complication. To add to its complexity, cases of self-recommended antibiotic is also not less. People don’t hesitate using them even for a common cough and cold. The simple fact is that cough and cold are viral infections and can’t be cured by any Read More
The Sexual Dysfunction is basically referred to as the problem that prevents an individual or the couple from experiencing sexual activity. This may arise during any phase of the sexual response cycle. This can eventually cause strain in your relationship with your partner and is medically referred to as female sexual dysfunction. This can occur Read More
Breast cancer Awareness! We all know that “Cancer” is a devastating disease which not only causes immense suffering to the patients and their relatives but also burdens the healthcare system. Tumor that has developed from the cells of the breast is known as Breast Cancer. Cancer starts when the cells begin to multiply in a Read More