Its time for the summer vacations when your kids and family wait to travel around the city or outside the town. Most of you must have already planned up their outdoor vacations to enjoy the summers and make best possible use of their holiday time. The vacation can be a beach or can be some other open area where your kids can play and enjoy amply. And who doesn’t enjoy that? However, if we do not take precautions then the outcome of this generous fun and enjoyment may all in the summer outside may be a cause of sunburn and tanning.
What is Tan or tanning?
Tan or tanning is a natural process that occurs when you come in touch with the sun rays and expose your skin to the sun for a certain period. Tanning can affect any part of your body that is exposed to the sun, it may affect your face, your hands, legs, neck or any uncovered area. Tan or suntan is the mechanism of the skin to protect itself from the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays that are emitted from the sun. During the process, the skin tends to increase its production level of melanin to protect the skin from any further damage. This increase in the melanin darkens your skin tone due to the exposure.
How to remove tan at home?
To get rid of the tan, most of the time we tend to incline towards trying different sorts of over the counter medications and try various fairness creams that are easily available in the markets today to have a fairer skin that has been affected by the tanning. However, it may be noted that apart from the cosmetic options, there are several natural ways as well to treat suntan effectively and fast. Few of the natural and safe remedies for staying tan-free are given below:
- Go for a cool shower and bath immediately to make your skin cool and minimize the acuteness of your sunburn.
- Apply fresh coconut water on the tanning affected areas and leave it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water to uncover a natural fairer skin. Virgin coconut oils will also help.
- Apply a combination of yogurt with equal portions of fresh tomato juice to the affected areas, leave it for around 30 minutes, and wash with normal cold water.
- Applying the orange juice on the affected parts with the same process also works well for the suntan.
- Blend around half of a cucumber with equal portions of yogurt, sandalwood powder, and a few drops of rose-water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it dry. Later rinse it off with clean water.
- Applying a mixture of lemon and honey may also help.
- Similarly, applying a mixture of chicken or gram flour, lemon, pinches of turmeric powder, and a few drops of raw milk is also very effective.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel and a deep moisture is another quick remedy to get a tan-free skin which also makes your skin fairer very fast.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking ample amount of water and other fluids.
Continuous, prolonged or overexposure to the sun may harm your skin and affect it so that it tends to age earlier and rapidly. It also roughens your skin and makes them dry and wrinkled over the period. Any type of sunburn can harm your skin and cause damage to the exposed areas. Treating the effects of sunburns and removing the tanning may take some time and maybe a bit tough. Therefore, it is always recommended to prepare yourself in advance and stay tan-free with much comfort.
What is medical tourism? It can be defined as the process of traveling outside the country of residence for the purpose of receiving medical care. Initially, it referred to the travel of patients from less-developing countries to the developed nations for the purpose of undergoing treatments that are not available in their homeland. Nowadays Read More
You protect your skin and face during summer but what about your eyes? Yes, an eye also needs serious protection in the summer. Every season affects our eyes differently and measures should be taken respectively. Excessive sun exposure is bad not only for your skin but also for your eyes. Here are few ways of Read More
Cancer is defined as the abnormal growth of cells which multiply uncontrollably and destroy the body tissues. There are about 100 types of cancer and each is classified depending on the type of cell that is affected initially. Cancer alters the body cells to form lumps and masses of tissue called as tumors. These tumors Read More
Meditation is a learned technique for refocusing attention that brings about an altered state of consciousness. In this state, awareness and contact with the external world are reduced. There are many types of meditation, each with its own specific techniques for generating that altered state. In Zen, for instance, individuals first learn to perform acts Read More
Before jumping on to the disorders faced by the thyroid gland, let’s get to know the gland first! The thyroid gland is a butterfly-shaped gland located in the front of neck below the Adam’s apple, wrapped around the trachea (windpipe). And this is a very important gland as it produces thyroid hormones, which regulate metabolic Read More