Most often when a woman is not able to conceive or is not getting pregnant, then it is predicted that the women are infertile. However, men play an equally important role in the process of fertilization. Around 1 in every 5 infertile couple, the reason is the fertility issue of men. Low sperm count in men can be one of the major reasons for this infertility. Around 90% of the times, the reason for male infertility is the problem of low sperm count. As a couple, struggling to conceive for one’s own child is really a frustrating experience and a concern.
Facts to know:
- The condition when your sperm counts are low, i.e., less than 15 million sperm/ml are medically termed as oligospermia.
- In case sperms are found totally missing and your semen sample is tested to have no sperms at all, then that condition is medically termed as azoospermia.
- During your struggle to conceive or having a child, knowing the count of your sperms that you ejaculate during the process may be quite important.
- A total sperm count of 20 million or more is a healthy count.
- 40% or more of your total sperms moving in the forward direction indicates a healthy percentage of mortality rate.
- Shapes of sperms that consists of an oval head of around 5 to 6 micrometres long and having only one long tail are as healthy sperms.
Treatments & Preventions for the Low Sperm Count:
The treatment process depends on the cause and level of complications associated with the problem. However, few of the common treatments are listed below:
- Medications like anabolic steroids, etc. as prescribed by the doctors
- Antibiotics may be prescribed
- Hormonal treatments as per the prescribed medications or drugs
- Regularizing the sexual intercourse process
- Avoiding usage of lubricants
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Keep away from excessive heat
- Stay away from excessive smoking and alcohol consumptions
- Try to manage your stress levels
It is to be noted that both you and your partner must get yourselves tested for fertility even if you already show the symptoms of low sperm count. Later, in case it is detected that you have a low sperm count, still, you should not lose your hope because at times the sperm counts may also get boosted with the right intake of vitamins and other supplements. Otherwise, if the cause of low sperm count is the presence of some hormonal problem in your body, then going for a surgery or a replacement therapy can be helpful.
Apart from this, today there are various other options also available for infertile couples who are unable to increase their sperm count. They may anytime opt for an In vitro fertilization (IVF) or go for an adoption process. Whatsoever is the situation, consulting with your doctor is always the best option to pamper yourself and your partner.
Meditation is a learned technique for refocusing attention that brings about an altered state of consciousness. In this state, awareness and contact with the external world are reduced. There are many types of meditation, each with its own specific techniques for generating that altered state. In Zen, for instance, individuals first learn to perform acts Read More
What is Tuberculosis? TB stands for Tuberculosis disease which is a kind of bacterial infection, manifesting itself primarily in the people with weak immune system. Such weakness is in turn linked to poor nutrition which finally finds its root in poverty. In developing nations like India, poor hygiene, malnourishment, poverty and lack of proper health Read More
LASIK, a type of laser eye surgery, stands for “Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis”. This surgery of LASIK is used to improve and repair the problems of vision. It can address the problems of people who are suffering from refractive error difficulties like farsightedness (hyperopia), short-sightedness (myopia), and/or astigmatism. LASIK engages a surgical process to remove the Read More
Menstruation is the monthly bleeding which a woman enquires every month after she attains her puberty. It is a biological phenomenon which happens when your body sheds the inner lining of the uterus. In the process, the body also flushes out the impure blood from the uterus through the small opening in the cervix and Read More
In Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm, Pulsating abdominal mass Aortic calcification is noted on x-ray. Mild to severe mid abdominal or lumbar back pain Cool, cyanotic extremities if iliac arteries are involved Claudication (ischemic pain with exercise, relieved by rest) Complication: peripheral emboli to lower extremities Rupture and hemorrhage. An Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm (AAA) is a permanent Read More