Most often when a woman is not able to conceive or is not getting pregnant, then it is predicted that the women are infertile. However, men play an equally important role in the process of fertilization. Around 1 in every 5 infertile couple, the reason is the fertility issue of men. Low sperm count in men can be one of the major reasons for this infertility. Around 90% of the times, the reason for male infertility is the problem of low sperm count. As a couple, struggling to conceive for one’s own child is really a frustrating experience and a concern.
Facts to know:
- The condition when your sperm counts are low, i.e., less than 15 million sperm/ml are medically termed as oligospermia.
- In case sperms are found totally missing and your semen sample is tested to have no sperms at all, then that condition is medically termed as azoospermia.
- During your struggle to conceive or having a child, knowing the count of your sperms that you ejaculate during the process may be quite important.
- A total sperm count of 20 million or more is a healthy count.
- 40% or more of your total sperms moving in the forward direction indicates a healthy percentage of mortality rate.
- Shapes of sperms that consists of an oval head of around 5 to 6 micrometres long and having only one long tail are as healthy sperms.
Treatments & Preventions for the Low Sperm Count:
The treatment process depends on the cause and level of complications associated with the problem. However, few of the common treatments are listed below:
- Medications like anabolic steroids, etc. as prescribed by the doctors
- Antibiotics may be prescribed
- Hormonal treatments as per the prescribed medications or drugs
- Regularizing the sexual intercourse process
- Avoiding usage of lubricants
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Keep away from excessive heat
- Stay away from excessive smoking and alcohol consumptions
- Try to manage your stress levels
It is to be noted that both you and your partner must get yourselves tested for fertility even if you already show the symptoms of low sperm count. Later, in case it is detected that you have a low sperm count, still, you should not lose your hope because at times the sperm counts may also get boosted with the right intake of vitamins and other supplements. Otherwise, if the cause of low sperm count is the presence of some hormonal problem in your body, then going for a surgery or a replacement therapy can be helpful.
Apart from this, today there are various other options also available for infertile couples who are unable to increase their sperm count. They may anytime opt for an In vitro fertilization (IVF) or go for an adoption process. Whatsoever is the situation, consulting with your doctor is always the best option to pamper yourself and your partner.
GIVE YOUR BODY A SUGAR BREAK We all have a craze for chocolates, candies, fresh juices, & ice-creams. What do you think is the major ingredient of all these stuff? Yes, it is the sugar. Though we all love the taste of it, we hardly think of the effects that sugar has on health. Added Read More
Most of us feel that cholesterol are bad for health and try to avoid them. Few of us know that there exists good cholesterol too, which can do miracles for our body. Still fewer know the ways to increase this good cholesterol level in the blood and derive the benefits. Cholesterol are a specific class Read More
HEALTH TIPS FOR CHILDREN Healthy living is an important mantra of life for one and all irrespective of their age. Therefore, health and healthy living are as important for children as for any other adult individual. More important in fact is for children as the childhood phase is also the foundational phase, and the seeds Read More
High blood sugars and diabetes are very common problems today. Around 1 in every 3 persons is found showing the signs of high blood sugar level. The test results of your blood sugar will help you to identify whether or not you are suffering from the risks of high blood sugar. Generally, high blood sugar Read More
10 Health Benefits of hemp seeds Hemp Seeds & Brain Health : Hemp Seeds are a rich source of Protein, Magnesium, Omega 3’s, Iron, Vitamin B and Zinc which are highly beneficial for your Brain. The healthy fats in the small seed can also help fight Depression. Regular consumption can help prevent diseases such as Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s while Read More