Most often when a woman is not able to conceive or is not getting pregnant, then it is predicted that the women are infertile. However, men play an equally important role in the process of fertilization. Around 1 in every 5 infertile couple, the reason is the fertility issue of men. Low sperm count in men can be one of the major reasons for this infertility. Around 90% of the times, the reason for male infertility is the problem of low sperm count. As a couple, struggling to conceive for one’s own child is really a frustrating experience and a concern.
Facts to know:
- The condition when your sperm counts are low, i.e., less than 15 million sperm/ml are medically termed as oligospermia.
- In case sperms are found totally missing and your semen sample is tested to have no sperms at all, then that condition is medically termed as azoospermia.
- During your struggle to conceive or having a child, knowing the count of your sperms that you ejaculate during the process may be quite important.
- A total sperm count of 20 million or more is a healthy count.
- 40% or more of your total sperms moving in the forward direction indicates a healthy percentage of mortality rate.
- Shapes of sperms that consists of an oval head of around 5 to 6 micrometres long and having only one long tail are as healthy sperms.
Treatments & Preventions for the Low Sperm Count:
The treatment process depends on the cause and level of complications associated with the problem. However, few of the common treatments are listed below:
- Medications like anabolic steroids, etc. as prescribed by the doctors
- Antibiotics may be prescribed
- Hormonal treatments as per the prescribed medications or drugs
- Regularizing the sexual intercourse process
- Avoiding usage of lubricants
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Keep away from excessive heat
- Stay away from excessive smoking and alcohol consumptions
- Try to manage your stress levels
It is to be noted that both you and your partner must get yourselves tested for fertility even if you already show the symptoms of low sperm count. Later, in case it is detected that you have a low sperm count, still, you should not lose your hope because at times the sperm counts may also get boosted with the right intake of vitamins and other supplements. Otherwise, if the cause of low sperm count is the presence of some hormonal problem in your body, then going for a surgery or a replacement therapy can be helpful.
Apart from this, today there are various other options also available for infertile couples who are unable to increase their sperm count. They may anytime opt for an In vitro fertilization (IVF) or go for an adoption process. Whatsoever is the situation, consulting with your doctor is always the best option to pamper yourself and your partner.
Throat cancer is a disease in which cancer cells develop in an anomalous way in the throat. The throat is the empty tube that keeps running from behind the nose and mouth, down the neck, to the opening of the throat and windpipe. Disease happens when cells in the body (for this situation throat cells) Read More
Dengue or Chikungunya both are the viral fever known to be adversely affecting (lowering) the platelets count. Low platelet count can result into bleeding from eyes, nose, alimentary canal which may sometimes prove fatal. Aspirin (Disprin) is an over the counter pain killer commonly used for pain and fever. However, the lesser known fact is Read More
“Antibiotics”, the most popular word from the scientific world of health and medicine jargon. Everybody everywhere is familiar with it. But there are some facts you may not know about the all-loved antibiotics and here’s a quick guide to 10 lesser known facts about antibiotics. They cannot distinguish between the good and bad bacteria. Yes, Read More
An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the anal canal which causes pain during the bowel movement. It does not lead to serious problems. Most anal fissure can be healed with home remedies within few days or weeks. These are called as an acute anal fissure. Some may take more than 8 Read More
There are many patients who are experiencing elevated high cholesterol levels, prompting health Complication, for example, weight, hypertension and coronary illness. Foods that contain cholesterol incorporate dairy items, (for example, cheese or butter), rice and bread kitchen items. Beyond what many would consider possible, you should restrain the admission of these foods. Patients who have recorded Read More