Skin is the important body entity and its care is the variety of practice that supports skin integrity, enhances its appearance and relieve skin conditions. The various skin care practices majorly are comprised of supplementary nutrition, prevention of excessive sun exposure and suitable use of emollients. Practices that will enhance appearance also which include the use of cosmetics, botulinum, exfoliation, and latest specific fillers, laser resurfacing, microdermabrasion, peels, retinol therapy.
Skincare is a routine daily procedure in many settings, such as skin that is either too dry or too moist and prevention of dermatitis and prevention of skin injuries.
Skincare is a part of the treatment of wound healing, radiation therapy and some medications.
Skin care is important throughout the life cycle of a human not considering of gender. This important body covering breathes, perspires, stretches, and fits like a glove.
This definitely includes skincare needs as well as cosmetic methods and techniques.
- The first step in any skin care routine is to rid herself of things that harm the body like external chemicals which are (smoking, tanning beds, baking in the sun, too much alcohol).
Skin is reflective of heredity, health patterns, and habits. Eating correctly, exercising regularly, drinking adequate amounts of water, and getting sufficient rest/sleep.
- skin care is mainly protection, exfoliation (ridding the skin of dead cells), and nourishment (inside out and outside in).
- avoid using any soaps that are manufactured and sold in bar form (unless recommended by a dermatologist) the body soap on the face as it is too strong and harsh. The face should be washed with use of lukewarm water rather than hot as it directly affects the pores of skin leaving them open and more parties enter the skin
- Exfoliation is a chemical method that causes the skin to produce new skin which is more youthful and has less dead layer skin cells.
- in cold weather conditions, Immediate application of moisturizer and lotion after taking a bath or shower is extremely important as body’s moisture-producing/moisture-locking glands become less active after age 40 and this method helps maintain the skin integrity. The skin complexion frequently requires additional moisturizers.
- as the damage to the inner skin that is lasting, use of a proper sunscreen with appropriate SPF values is necessary as it is different for different skin types. A sunscreen of at least SPF 15 is recommended for most individuals.
- skin cosmetics like Creams, lotions, cosmetics, or commercial concoctions regardless of price or promise do not permanently bring back the original texture of the skin
- Avoid excessive weight loss as loss of water also affects skin texture
- Use of heavy makeup affects the skin due to the chemicals present hence a light makeup is advised for as an enhancement, not as a camouflage; to conceal
- Makeup formulations on the markets have to be assessed whether they do not clog pores. Revaluation of makeup products and techniques periodically is necessary for maintaining skin health.