Is it appropriate to ask questions about being a doctor here? I’m a student currently trying to figure out what profession I want and we have an assignment to ask someone in a field of interest about their career. I only know that I want to help people so I figured it would be good to ask someone in the medical field, hence I chose to ask about being a doctor. I can’t go anywhere to ask a doctor in person since I’m a minor (I’m a dual enrollment student so I’m still in high school). I’m sorry if this is a waste of time.
In the case that it is alright to ask about being a doctor, is it also alright to submit the responses to my professor? I’d like to know the answers to the questions regardless as I’m curious about the experience being a doctor, but I won’t submit the answers if you prefer that I don’t. Here are my questions:
- What is your current job title/position and how long have you been in this role?
- How did you know that this was the job you wanted to do?
- What was the process to get to this point and do you feel it was worth it?
- What do you enjoy most and/or like the least about your job?
- Does the job feel fulfilling?
- Finally, what skill set or mentality for you think is necessary for this job?