Sima Mahtab asked 8 years ago

My name is SIMA & I’m 35 years old.My thumb finger got burnt from stove. I live in Bangladesh.It burns a lot. I use barnol cream which is made by INDIA. So please suggest me some medicine about that. Thanks in advance.  

1 Answers
freedoctorhelpline Staff answered 8 years ago

For First-Degree Burns (Affecting Top Layer of Skin)
1. Cool Burn

  • Hold burned skin under cool (not cold) running water or immerse in cool water until pain subsides.
  • Use compresses if running water isn’t available.

2. Protect Burn

  • Cover with sterile, non-adhesive bandage or clean cloth.
  • Do not apply butter or ointments, which can cause infection.

3. Treat Pain

  • Give over-the-counter pain reliever such as ibuprofen (Advil,Motrin), acetaminophen (Tylenol), or naproxen (Aleve).

4. When to See a Doctor
Seek medical help if:

  • You see signs of infection, like increased pain, redness, swelling, fever, or oozing.
  • The person needs tetanus or booster shot, depending on date of last injection. Tetanus booster should be given every 10 years.
  • Redness and pain last more than a few hours.
  • Pain worsens.

5. Follow Up

  • The doctor will examine the burn and may prescribe antibiotics and pain medication.

Popular Questions

© Copyright 2016 Free Doctor Helpline. All rights reserved.