Everything You Need to Know About Migraine
A migraine is a severe, painful headache that can be preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound.
The excruciating pain that migraine brings can last for hours or even days. Migraine is a common problem affecting 36 million Americans, about 12% of the population.
What are Migraine Headaches?
The exact cause of migraine headaches is unknown; it is thought to be due to abnormal brain activity causing a temporary alteration in the nerve signals, chemicals and blood flow in the brain.
Migraine headaches can be very debilitating affecting 1 in 4 households in India. They are more common in women than men, and 3% of people have chronic migraines where they experience symptoms for half the month for six months.
What triggers Migraine Headaches?
Some people who suffer from migraines can clearly identify triggers or factors that cause the headaches, but many cannot. Potential migraine triggers include:
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Bright lights, loud noises, flickering lights, smoky rooms, temperature changes, strong smells and certain odours or perfumes
- Physical or emotional stress, tension, anxiety, depression, excitement
- Physical triggers such as tiredness, jet lag, exercise
- Changes in sleep patterns or irregular sleep
- Smoking or exposure to smoke
- Skipping meals or fasting causing low blood sugar
- Hormonal triggers such as menstrual cycle fluctuations, birth control pills, menopause
- Tension headaches
- Foods containing tyramine (red wine, aged cheese, smoked fish, chicken livers, figs, and some beans), monosodium glutamate (MSG), or nitrates (like bacon, hot dogs and salami)
- Other foods such as chocolate, nuts, peanut butter, avocado, banana, citrus, onions, dairy products and fermented or pickled foods
- Medication such as sleeping tablets, the contraceptive pill, hormone replacement therapy.
Migraine headaches can be severe, debilitating, and uncomfortable. Many treatment options are available, so be patient finding the one or combination that’s best for you. Keep Track of your headaches and symptoms in order to identify migraine triggers. Knowing how to prevent migraines can often be the first step to managing them.
What is Skin Pigmentation? Skin Pigmentation is just the regular shade of the skin. The reason individuals have distinctive skin shading and shade is a direct result of melanocytes which are the cells that are in charge of the generation of melanin. Melanin is the shade that is in charge of giving the skin, hair Read More
Quality sleep is the most vital aspect of our health. It is very obvious that a proper sleep is very important. It plays an important role in building your physical health, and as well as your emotional well being. An average adult person should have a 7hrs of sleep daily. Many studies show that people Read More
seven recommended anti aging skin care ingredients We realize that giving your skin the correct fixings it needs is vitally important. Doing as such means your skin can be radiant, seem more youthful and smoother, and you’ll see less scarce differences in addition to decreased wrinkles and profound lines. Keeping in mind the end goal Read More
Mindfulness is the art of living in the present moment. Many of us go through life on autopilot. We focus too much on our thoughts and this can cause unhappiness. By living in the present we realise that a lot of our stress and anxiety is unnecessary. Mindfulness is our ability to pay attention to Read More
Warning Signs of Arthritis Arthritis is a common condition that causes pain and inflammation within a joint. About 10 million people have this problem in the India. Many people struggle with pain during the early stages of arthritis, often waiting until the pain becomes unbearable before seeking advice and treatment. However the symptoms are easier Read More