Mental Depression: Symptoms and Treatments
Depression, or depressive disorder, is a mental health condition which is an uncontrollable feeling of sadness isolation and also affects the person’s thoughts, feelings, and mental functions. This condition abruptly impedes the person’s routine life and induces the thoughts of suicide. Depression is in the same as sadness or loneliness or grief feeling, it’s a serious illness caused by changes in the brain chemistry.
Men & women of every age, educational level, social & economic background suffer from depression. One an episode of depression Occurs, it is also likely to recur. The impact of depression can be more severe when it is accompanied by other medical illness like diabetes, stroke, or cardiovascular diseases, or related disorders like anxiety or substance abuse.
There are several different subtypes of depression including:
- Major depressive disorder
- Dysthymia & chronic depression (Persistent)
- Seasonal affective disorder
- Psychotic depression
- Bipolar depression
Mental Depression Symptoms
Depression commonly affects your thoughts, emotions, behaviors and overall mental and physical wellness. Here are some of the common symptoms that help you to identify the disorder.
- Depressed mood
- Reduced interest or pleasure in activities previously enjoyed, loss of sexual desire.
- Unintentional weight loss or low appetite.
- Fatigue or loss of energy
- Insomniac(difficulty in sleeping) or hypersomnia (oversleeping)
- Psychomotor agitation or retardation.
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt. Worsened ability to think, concentrate or make a decision.
- Hallucinations ( seeing or hearing things that aren’t really there)
- Delusions (irrational thoughts, falls belief, fears)
- Recurrent thoughts of death or suicide, or attempt suicide.
Mental Depression Treatment
Depression is a treatable mental illness, the components of the management of depression or support, psychotherapy, and drug treatment (antidepressants).
This treatment is also called as talk therapy because you interact with the trained mental professional.
There are several types of psychotherapy but they have the same goal-to understand the causes of depression, help you feel better and teach you the ways to handle the conditions and gives you relaxation.
- Individual therapy involves just you and a therapist
- Group therapy involves two or more other patients
- Couples therapy helps the other one to understand your depression
- Family therapy helps your loved ones how depressed you are, how it affects you and the can support you.
The therapist uses these sort of ways to approach & help you.
Antidepressants are popular treatment choices for depression. They may not cure depression but the reduce the symptoms.
Types of Antidepressants
Some brain chemicals associated with depression are serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine. Most antidepressants relive these neurotransmitters.
Each works out in different ways.
- Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Tricyclic antidepressants
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
So, you may take any antidepressants mentioned above to avoid Metal Decisions like Depression or can go with Psychotherapy. If you have any regarding this you can comment it down or can consult with a specialist on our website.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction usually occurs when the smooth flow of blood to the heart is blocked, by a build-up of fat. When the flow of blood is blocked the tissues lose oxygen and dies.Heart attack also happens to women and can be identified through certain symptoms. Symptoms of Heart Attack: 1.Fatigue: Unusual fatigue Read More
Prega News Kit is a very safe and reliable product to diagnose and test your pregnancy by yourself. These kits can be used at your home or in hospitals, as per your comfort. Prega News kit can be bought from any local medical store near you, across the countries. It is only a physical product Read More
Heart diseases are responsible for millions of deaths in the world. Majority of the deaths can be prevented if only the symptoms are recognized and the problem is diagnosed at correct time. Here 7 major signs that you should never ignore that can help you save lives in future including your own. 7 Major Sign Read More
Our bodies are made up of about 70% of water. Hence water is actually the elixir of life! But this killing heat of summer may accelerate and cause loss of water which may lead to dehydration, Dehydration is also caused due gastrointestinal ailments like diarrhea, nausea etc or diabetic patients lose it due to excess Read More
Fatty liver also called as Steatosis refers to the buildup of fat in the liver. It’s normal to have some fat in the liver but if it makes up to 5% to 10% of the organ’s weight then you may probably have the fatty liver disease. Fatty liver is a reversible condition provided which can Read More