Low Sperm Count- Signs, Causes And Treatment
Most often when a woman is not able to conceive or is not getting pregnant, then it is predicted that the women are infertile. However, men play an equally important role in the process of fertilization. Around 1 in every 5 infertile couple, the reason is the fertility issue of men. Low sperm count in men can be one of the major reasons for this infertility. Around 90% of the times, the reason for male infertility is the problem of low sperm count. As a couple, struggling to conceive for one’s own child is really a frustrating experience and a concern.
Facts to know:
- The condition when your sperm counts are low, i.e., less than 15 million sperm/ml are medically termed as oligospermia.
- In case sperms are found totally missing and your semen sample is tested to have no sperms at all, then that condition is medically termed as azoospermia.
- During your struggle to conceive or having a child, knowing the count of your sperms that you ejaculate during the process may be quite important.
- A total sperm count of 20 million or more is a healthy count.
- 40% or more of your total sperms moving in the forward direction indicates a healthy percentage of mortality rate.
- Shapes of sperms that consists of an oval head of around 5 to 6 micrometres long and having only one long tail are as healthy sperms.
Treatments & Preventions for the Low Sperm Count:
The treatment process depends on the cause and level of complications associated with the problem. However, few of the common treatments are listed below:
- Medications like anabolic steroids, etc. as prescribed by the doctors
- Antibiotics may be prescribed
- Hormonal treatments as per the prescribed medications or drugs
- Regularizing the sexual intercourse process
- Avoiding usage of lubricants
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Keep away from excessive heat
- Stay away from excessive smoking and alcohol consumptions
- Try to manage your stress levels
It is to be noted that both you and your partner must get yourselves tested for fertility even if you already show the symptoms of low sperm count. Later, in case it is detected that you have a low sperm count, still, you should not lose your hope because at times the sperm counts may also get boosted with the right intake of vitamins and other supplements. Otherwise, if the cause of low sperm count is the presence of some hormonal problem in your body, then going for a surgery or a replacement therapy can be helpful.
Apart from this, today there are various other options also available for infertile couples who are unable to increase their sperm count. They may anytime opt for an In vitro fertilization (IVF) or go for an adoption process. Whatsoever is the situation, consulting with your doctor is always the best option to pamper yourself and your partner.
If you have a hearing aid and you think it isn’t working efficiently then you are probably wrong. Hearing aids are not like glasses. You can’t just wear them on and hear like before. The brand of the hearing aid has no role to play in its efficiency. How you wear them and how your Read More
Vaginal birth after c-section (VBAC) is the process of delivering a baby vaginally after giving birth to one baby through a cesarean or c-section. When a woman is pregnant and is about to deliver, she always gets two choices for delivering her sweet little baby. She may either opt for a normal vaginal delivery or Read More
Free Doctor Helpline Health Blog -Consult Online Doctors Chat/Call/Whatsapp/SMS 24/7 free,Read/write Reviews about Doctors/Hospitals/Clinic,ask health query
Hepatitis C is a viral disease that primarily causes inflammation of the liver, but the effects can be felt throughout the body. It’s a blood borne disease, which means its spread when the blood of a person infected with the Hepatitis C Virus (HCV) enters the blood stream of someone else. Hepatitis C in the Read More
“I am struggling through a very deep depression due to the fact that I can’t have baby. No one in my social circle understands it, neither do my family. I feel so alone and unhappy”, pleads one of my sister’s friend. Female infertility is defined as a disease or condition of the reproductive system resulting Read More
We at FreeDoctorHelpline, Provides online Doctor consultation to Needy people. You can Ask our Doctors and can raise your problem with us.