Low Sperm Count- Signs, Causes And Treatment
Most often when a woman is not able to conceive or is not getting pregnant, then it is predicted that the women are infertile. However, men play an equally important role in the process of fertilization. Around 1 in every 5 infertile couple, the reason is the fertility issue of men. Low sperm count in men can be one of the major reasons for this infertility. Around 90% of the times, the reason for male infertility is the problem of low sperm count. As a couple, struggling to conceive for one’s own child is really a frustrating experience and a concern.
Facts to know:
- The condition when your sperm counts are low, i.e., less than 15 million sperm/ml are medically termed as oligospermia.
- In case sperms are found totally missing and your semen sample is tested to have no sperms at all, then that condition is medically termed as azoospermia.
- During your struggle to conceive or having a child, knowing the count of your sperms that you ejaculate during the process may be quite important.
- A total sperm count of 20 million or more is a healthy count.
- 40% or more of your total sperms moving in the forward direction indicates a healthy percentage of mortality rate.
- Shapes of sperms that consists of an oval head of around 5 to 6 micrometres long and having only one long tail are as healthy sperms.
Treatments & Preventions for the Low Sperm Count:
The treatment process depends on the cause and level of complications associated with the problem. However, few of the common treatments are listed below:
- Medications like anabolic steroids, etc. as prescribed by the doctors
- Antibiotics may be prescribed
- Hormonal treatments as per the prescribed medications or drugs
- Regularizing the sexual intercourse process
- Avoiding usage of lubricants
- Maintain a healthy weight and lifestyle
- Keep away from excessive heat
- Stay away from excessive smoking and alcohol consumptions
- Try to manage your stress levels
It is to be noted that both you and your partner must get yourselves tested for fertility even if you already show the symptoms of low sperm count. Later, in case it is detected that you have a low sperm count, still, you should not lose your hope because at times the sperm counts may also get boosted with the right intake of vitamins and other supplements. Otherwise, if the cause of low sperm count is the presence of some hormonal problem in your body, then going for a surgery or a replacement therapy can be helpful.
Apart from this, today there are various other options also available for infertile couples who are unable to increase their sperm count. They may anytime opt for an In vitro fertilization (IVF) or go for an adoption process. Whatsoever is the situation, consulting with your doctor is always the best option to pamper yourself and your partner.
There are lot of unawareness among the masses regarding the transmission of HIV infection through kissing. Freedoctorhelpline number is flooded with queries like, ‘I kissed someone who might have HIV infection. Should I get my HIV status checked?’ Its is important to know that HIV transmission occurs by the following medium only- -By infected blood, Read More
Does it take a lot of time for you to fall asleep? If yes, there may be a problem with which you are not aware of. Generally, it takes around 10-20 minutes for someone to fall asleep. In Medical terms, the time someone takes to fall asleep is referred to as Sleep Latency. There are Read More
It can be alarming to see blood – red urine colour the toilet bowl, or green, blue, cloudy. Most of the time, however, there’s a non – threatening explanation for urine that comes in all the colors of the rainbow. Some medications, laxatives, chemotherapy drugs, and even food can change the color of your urine. Read More
In simple words, pancreatitis is the inflammation of the pancreas. The pancreas is the organ behind the stomach which produces digestive enzymes. In pancreatitis, the pancreas is inflamed. The damage occurs when the digestive enzymes are activated before they are released into the small intestine which generally does not become active until they reach the Read More
Mental Health refers to our behavioral and emotional well-being, it is all about how we think, how we behave and how we feel. The term ‘Mental Health’ sometimes means absence of mental disorder. Mental health can affect our daily life, relationships, and even physical health. Mental Health also reduces the ‘ ability to enjoy life’ Read More
We at FreeDoctorHelpline, Provides online Doctor consultation to Needy people. You can Ask our Doctors and can raise your problem with us.