How Can I fall Asleep Faster? | Insomnia Types, Symptoms and Cure
Does it take a lot of time for you to fall asleep? If yes, there may be a problem with which you are not aware of. Generally, it takes around 10-20 minutes for someone to fall asleep. In Medical terms, the time someone takes to fall asleep is referred to as Sleep Latency. There are two cases that may have a problem with your sleep:
- If You take very little to fall sleep, its sleep deprivation.
- If you take a while to sleep or above then average sleep latency, its called sleep Onset Insomnia.
Here we are going to talk in depth of Insomnia, what types of insomnia exits, what are the symptoms and cure available for Sleep Problems so that you can fall sleep because having a good sleep can significantly lead to healthier life.
What is Insomnia?
If a person is having difficulty in sleeping, he/she may be having insomnia. People with insomnia are generally dissatisfied with their sleep.
Symptoms of Insomnia:
Several symptoms indicate Insomnia like:
- They experience fatigue and are always low on energy.
- They have difficulty in concentrating on their tasks like while reading, learning and poor performance in academics and sports may also be due to insomnia.
- Getting angry or irritated even at very small things may also be a symptom of insomnia.
- People may also experience a headache and be falling into depression.
- Waking up too early even after sleeping late at night or waking up at midnights.
Types of Insomnia:
- Acute Insomnia: acute insomnia is when you are having sleeping issues for the very short amount time may be due to stressful conditions like – sleeplessness before the day of exam or result of something
- Chronic Insomnia: chronic insomnia is when you are not able to sleep for at least 4-5 days/week and it’s occurring for a quite long time.
What are the Causes of Insomnia?
Stress: stress could be main reason leading to Insomnia. Stressful life events like eg. the death of the loved ones, divorce, job loss may lead to insomnia.
Sleeping / Bad Habits: Irregular bedtime schedule, studying, eating, gaming, watching tv on the bed can lead to insomnia.
Drugs(medications): There are certain medicines which interfere with the sleep cycle of the body like eg. amphetamine commonly used by students for late night studies to prevent sleep. Anti-depressants, weight loss products can also cause sleeplessness.
Physically and socially active: Due to less physical and social activity body does not get tired enough to rest.
Treatment for Insomnia:
There are many ways insomnia can be treated but most of the part depends on the willpower of the person. Here we are going to bring few working methods to get asleep faster. You may not find the immediate effect on your disturb sleeping problems but with trying these treatments, you will gain normal Sleep latency in few days / week.
Precautions you can take to Avoid Sleep Problems
We all know precaution is better than cure, thus there are preventive measures that can be used to prevent Insomnia:
- Being physically active is a very good preventive measure it keeps away not only Insomnia but many diseases.
- Stop taking daytime naps as they interfere with night sleep intake of beverages before sleeping time should be avoided especially caffeine, alcohol etc…
- Take a warm bath, reading before sleeping.
- Being consistent in bedtime and wake up time can be very helpful.
Just remember Healthy living can treat/prevent not only Insomnia but most diseases. If you got any concerns and queries over the same, comment it down. We will love to help you out.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction usually occurs when the smooth flow of blood to the heart is blocked, by a build-up of fat. When the flow of blood is blocked the tissues lose oxygen and dies.Heart attack also happens to women and can be identified through certain symptoms. Symptoms of Heart Attack: 1.Fatigue: Unusual fatigue Read More
Prega News Kit is a very safe and reliable product to diagnose and test your pregnancy by yourself. These kits can be used at your home or in hospitals, as per your comfort. Prega News kit can be bought from any local medical store near you, across the countries. It is only a physical product Read More
Heart diseases are responsible for millions of deaths in the world. Majority of the deaths can be prevented if only the symptoms are recognized and the problem is diagnosed at correct time. Here 7 major signs that you should never ignore that can help you save lives in future including your own. 7 Major Sign Read More
Our bodies are made up of about 70% of water. Hence water is actually the elixir of life! But this killing heat of summer may accelerate and cause loss of water which may lead to dehydration, Dehydration is also caused due gastrointestinal ailments like diarrhea, nausea etc or diabetic patients lose it due to excess Read More
Fatty liver also called as Steatosis refers to the buildup of fat in the liver. It’s normal to have some fat in the liver but if it makes up to 5% to 10% of the organ’s weight then you may probably have the fatty liver disease. Fatty liver is a reversible condition provided which can Read More