5 Most common Eye problems
“The Eye is the mirror of the soul.”
Besides showing the true nature of people, the eyes also reveal a lot of secrets about health. There are a few eye diseases that affect us in adverse ways. Some of these occur often and some may occur rarely.
Eye issues are caused by refractive blunders that could be settled utilizing specialist endorsed contact focal points or eyeglasses or LASIK surgery. LASIK surgery will include the repair of the defective structure or state of the eye or focal point, that is realizing the refractive mistake with a specific end goal to empower light to twist in the correct design to focus a reasonable view onto the retina.
Most Common Eye Problems:
1. Myopia Eye Disease
Myopia Eye Disease is Caused when the eye elongates in myopia and this stretching of the tissues of the Eye Disease Disease causes weakness to occur in the back of the eye. Increasing the risk of retinal detachment and myopic macular degeneration.
- Reducing myopia progression can benefits individuals by
- Reducing spectacle lens thickness
- Reducing the dependency on spectacles
- But most important reducing the risk of myopic eye disease.
Hypermetropia or long sightedness is the refractive state of the eye wherein parallel rays of light coming from infinity are focussed behind the retina with accommodation being at rest. Thus, the posterior focal point is behind the retina, which therefore receives a blurred image.
Note: Etiology Hypermetropia may be Axial Curvature Index Positional and due to an absence of lens Axial hypermetropia is by far the commonest form.
- It is state of refraction wherein the refractive power varies in the different meridia such that the rays of light entering in the eye cannot converge to a point focus but form focal lines.
- The word is derived from Greek a-without and stigma spot.
- Lens and cornea are not symmetrical and light does not land on the right area of the retina
Primary Open Angle Glaucoma is caused when the normal drainage system of the eye becomes partially blocked, causing pressure to build within the eye. Glaucoma usually affects the perimetry vision first, with sight gradually being lost towards the centre of the eye.
5. Eye strain
- Eye strain is an issue that results from the too much focusing and repetitive motion of the eyes. Eyestrain is characterized by the tiredness a person feels in his eyes, causing him to work less effectively.
- Eyestrain might cause the eyes to become achy, become reddened or watery and may also cause impaired focusing capability, insufficient concentration and alertness, sleepiness, headaches and also back pain and neck pain.
- To deal with eyestrain, one could carry out appropriate relaxation methods, take regular eye tests and readjust his environment so that the eyes become more comfortable. Additionally, it is essential to modify the computer screen brightness, font size, seat positioning, glare and surrounding illumination. Eye workouts and also eye rests are also necessary for individuals who experience recurring eye strain.
It can be alarming to see blood – red urine colour the toilet bowl, or green, blue, cloudy. Most of the time, however, there’s a non – threatening explanation for urine that comes in all the colors of the rainbow. Some medications, laxatives, chemotherapy drugs, and even food can change the color of your urine. Read More
It is a season of mangoes! How could we ever miss a chance of writing an article about mangoes! Mangoes are one of the most popular fruits in the world and they make up a huge percentage of the tropical fruits produced each year. Here are some health benefits of mangoes which you may not Read More
You protect your skin and face during summer but what about your eyes? Yes, an eye also needs serious protection in the summer. Every season affects our eyes differently and measures should be taken respectively. Excessive sun exposure is bad not only for your skin but also for your eyes. Here are few ways of Read More
Health checks ? Well preventive health checks simply means regular visits to doctor for normal health check-ups.It’s really frustrating that most Indians go to hospital only after falling ill. Majority of the population are still unaware about the relevance of preventive health checkups. One really carries the ailment until it grows to pose as a Read More
What is OCD?? OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is a psychological wellness condition that revolves around crippling obsessions or impulse, troubling activities, and monotonous musings. A 2001 World Health Organization (WHO) psychological wellness report evaluated that OCD was among the main 20 reasons for sickness related incapacity worldwide for individuals matured 15 to 44 years. The Read More