5 Most common Eye problems
“The Eye is the mirror of the soul.”
Besides showing the true nature of people, the eyes also reveal a lot of secrets about health. There are a few eye diseases that affect us in adverse ways. Some of these occur often and some may occur rarely.
Eye issues are caused by refractive blunders that could be settled utilizing specialist endorsed contact focal points or eyeglasses or LASIK surgery. LASIK surgery will include the repair of the defective structure or state of the eye or focal point, that is realizing the refractive mistake with a specific end goal to empower light to twist in the correct design to focus a reasonable view onto the retina.
Most Common Eye Problems:
1. Myopia Eye Disease
Myopia Eye Disease is Caused when the eye elongates in myopia and this stretching of the tissues of the Eye Disease Disease causes weakness to occur in the back of the eye. Increasing the risk of retinal detachment and myopic macular degeneration.
- Reducing myopia progression can benefits individuals by
- Reducing spectacle lens thickness
- Reducing the dependency on spectacles
- But most important reducing the risk of myopic eye disease.
Hypermetropia or long sightedness is the refractive state of the eye wherein parallel rays of light coming from infinity are focussed behind the retina with accommodation being at rest. Thus, the posterior focal point is behind the retina, which therefore receives a blurred image.
Note: Etiology Hypermetropia may be Axial Curvature Index Positional and due to an absence of lens Axial hypermetropia is by far the commonest form.
- It is state of refraction wherein the refractive power varies in the different meridia such that the rays of light entering in the eye cannot converge to a point focus but form focal lines.
- The word is derived from Greek a-without and stigma spot.
- Lens and cornea are not symmetrical and light does not land on the right area of the retina
Primary Open Angle Glaucoma is caused when the normal drainage system of the eye becomes partially blocked, causing pressure to build within the eye. Glaucoma usually affects the perimetry vision first, with sight gradually being lost towards the centre of the eye.
5. Eye strain
- Eye strain is an issue that results from the too much focusing and repetitive motion of the eyes. Eyestrain is characterized by the tiredness a person feels in his eyes, causing him to work less effectively.
- Eyestrain might cause the eyes to become achy, become reddened or watery and may also cause impaired focusing capability, insufficient concentration and alertness, sleepiness, headaches and also back pain and neck pain.
- To deal with eyestrain, one could carry out appropriate relaxation methods, take regular eye tests and readjust his environment so that the eyes become more comfortable. Additionally, it is essential to modify the computer screen brightness, font size, seat positioning, glare and surrounding illumination. Eye workouts and also eye rests are also necessary for individuals who experience recurring eye strain.
“Fitness is not about being better than someone else, it’s about better than you used to be”. This quote should be taken as a key principle for all the teenagers who are enthusiast towards the bodybuilding and gymming trends. In this article, we will talk about what should be adapted and what should not be Read More
Stroke or a brain attack is a condition that occurs when there is inadequate blood supply to the brain. Due to decreased blood flow and lack of oxygen in the brain, the brain cells begin to die off eventually. Stroke can be classified into 2 main categories: Due to blockage of blood flow: Ischemic stroke, Read More
Heart Disease / Cardiovascular Disease are a class of diseases that affects the heart and blood vessels many of which are related to a process called Atherosclerosis. Heart Diseases is the number one killer of women, learn how to protect yourself or someone you love. Start Healthy Habit now – Research indicates that women who Read More
Causes Of Depression: Psycho-social causes: According to Sigmund Freud, the father of psycho-analysis, unresolved conflicts involving relationships with care givers in infancy and childhood leads to depression. Individuals who receive parental overprotection or parental neglect might not be able to develop adequate competencies for coping with various life stresses. This is likely to make them Read More
The stressful lifestyle and improper rest has lead many on the way to headaches. Headaches have become a common problem of the modern times that stems out of a variety of causes. The worst of them being migraine! According to the World Health Organization, it is one of the most disabling conditions worldwide. It is Read More