The lemonade diet detox, also known as the master cleanse or the maple syrup diet is a diet which shows drastic weight loss in about 2 weeks. In the modern hectic era, it has become quite common among the people who adopt some ways for quick weight loss. Their emphasis is only on reducing weight in a short span of time. They fail to think of the consequences. The lemonade diet detox is popular and effective among the fad diets. It is not very popular dieting method but it is widely practised by Hollywood celebrities. It gained popularity when the actor & the Grammy-winning singer Beyonce, lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
It works as cleansing agent & detoxifies the whole body and so is the name “the master cleanse”. It is the only known effective diet plan which is easy as well s less time-consuming.
What is a lemonade diet?
The lemonade detox drink has 4 main ingredients – fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne & pure water. This is the best-suited diet to shed extra weight and to remove the accumulated toxins from the body.
Why should one opt for a lemon detox diet?
It is a 14 days diet plan during which you are not allowed to eat any solid food. No food is to be consumed during the diet course as it minimizes the effect of lemonade detox drink in your body. All you can have is the lemon prepared detox drink as the breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 weeks.
It eliminates the free radicals and other toxins present in your body, clears the digestive tract, eliminates excess fat, nourishes your body, increases metabolism rates and provides energy.
How does lemonade work for weight loss?
When you have decided to take up this diet then you should definitely do away with any kind of solid foods. Individuals on the diet should consume at least 500 to 600 calories every day. The intake of low-calorie liquid for about 2 weeks will help your body use the fat cells as an energy source for performing the necessary functions. This helps in burning the calories and result in weight loss.
How does lemonade diet work for cleansing?
The main ingredient of this diet is lemon which is an excellent source of vitamin C and acts as an antioxidant. This antioxidant helps to remove the free radicals that cause damage to the cell structure. This may lead to many diseases like heart attack, stroke, hearing impairments, and other heart diseases.
Maple syrup which is another main ingredient is a rich source of manganese which is helpful for normal nerve & brain function. It also helps to produce energy and improve the cell functions. It is also rich in zinc which boosts the immune system and the potassium & calcium present in it prevents stroke and heart diseases.
The water present keeps your body hydrated and helps to flush out the toxins present in your body. it also improves cell turgidity.
How to prepare lemonade detox drink?
What to and what not to consume during the lemonade diet?
- Fruits like apple, orange, grapes, kiwi, watermelon & muskmelon are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, ripe mango, apricot, papaya, dates are to be avoided.
- Vegetables like carrot, beetroot, capsicum, tomato, beans, broccoli, cabbage, onions, lettuce & gourds are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, pumpkin & potato are to be avoided.
- Protein-rich food like sprouts, fish, chicken, turkey can be eaten. Beef & pork are to be avoided.
What is the role of exercise when on lemonade diet?
The lemonade diet provided 600 to 700 calories per day. It is better to avoid vigorous exercises during this period as your body may not have sufficient energy to support it. Chances are more than you may feel weak & fatigue. However, one can do yoga and other stretching exercises that will improve blood circulation.
You may also like: Reasons You Should Drink Sugarcane Juice This Summer
The secret behind the lemonade diet!
The best part of the lemonade diet is that you get a slim body so quickly and also end up getting a gorgeous skin. When you consume low-calorie diet your body will not have sufficient energy to perform its daily activities. Eventually, it starts using up the stored fat to perform various functions.
Benefits of lemonade diet:
The lemonade diet program enables the body to balance its elements and maintain the optimum weight. The weight loss is only a secondary effect the main result of this diet plan is the detoxification of the organs in the body. During the course, the body sheds its fat deposits. In the course of this purification, the skin & the hair gets rejuvenated. The lemon juice and cayenne pepper flushes out all the toxins in the body and also cleanses the lymphatic system of toxins. The maple syrup contains all the necessary nutrients that your body requires during this period.
Side effects of lemonade diet:
- This diet may make you feel weak and fatigue.
- It might weaken your immune system
- You might experience mood swings and might find it hard to concentrate
- It might slow down the metabolism of the body
- If followed for a longer period it might lead to weight gain.
Do’s & Don’ts:
The lemonade diet plan is an amazing diet plan for 10 days. A person on this healthy diet might take few days to recover from fatigue, nausea, weakness & lightheadedness. It is better to include fruits and vegetables in your diet to recover from these quite sooner. This will bring your body back to the normal digestive cycle. If you are looking for a quick-fix safe solution for your weight loss problems, lemonade diet is the best solution.
A Clinical and biochemical syndrome that results from a deficiency in thyroid hormone secretion from thyroid gland or in the action.The disease ranges from subclinical hypothyroidism to primary and secondary hypothyroidism and the extreme medical emergency, myxoedema coma. Is a condition in which your thyroid is not making enough thyroid hormone, specifically triiodothyronine(T3) and thyroxine Read More
Breast is Best: Points of interest of Breastfeeding The proof is decisive: Breast milk is the best sustenance you can offer your infant. Breastfeeding offers enormous medical advantages to both mother and the child. It is uniquely intended to provide food for all your child’s dietary needs in the initial a half year of life. Read More
A breath of poison is crippling our senses. Burning eyes, choking throat and buzzling silencers of the never-ending traffic; Cars are more precious than life and the enigma of economic progress is ultimately threatening the survival of the most developed creature of the globe. Alas! We all are sleeping over this evident daemon of air-pollution, Read More
About half of the India Population is deficient in Vitamin D. Proper Vitamin D3 levels can reduce cancer risks up to 80%. Vitamin D3 levels are easily monitored by a simple blood test. Taking 5,000 I.U. a day is a safe amount for continued good health, as suggested by medical experts. Aching Bones – If Read More
Vitamin D is essential for healthy bones. We get some of it from nutritious food but majorly we receive it from the sunlight. Vitamin D, known as the sunlight vitamin, is produced by the body in response to the skin being exposed to sunlight. These days most of the people are becoming more beauty conscious rather than health. They are more worried about their skin getting tanned, black spots on the skin due to dust allergy and all that. The moment they get out in the sun the make sure that they cover every inch of the body from being exposed to sunlight. Though it prevents tanning, they fail to think of the minus.
Lack of exposure to sunlight is the main cause for deficiency in vitamin D. Vitamin D is abundantly present in fish, fish liver oils, egg yolks, fortified fat spreads, fortified breakfast cereals, fortified dairy products and powdered milk. However, it is hard to get enough from it just from food.
When do you figure out that you lack vitamin D?
If you shun the sun, suffer from milk allergies, or adhere to a strict vegan diet, then possibly you are at risk of vitamin D deficiency.
Vitamin D is essential for strong bones because it helps the body use calcium from the diet. Traditionally, vitamin D deficiency has been associated with rickets. It is a disease in which the bone tissue doesn’t properly mineralize. This leads to soft bones and skeletal deformities. Recent studies show that vitamin D has a lot of importance in protecting against a number of health diseases.
What are the symptoms of Vitamin D deficiency?
For many people the symptoms are subtle. However, certain symptoms of bone pain and muscle weakness can mean that you have a Vitamin-D deficiency. In many cases, even without symptoms vitamin D deficiency can pose a number of health risks.
Vitamin D deficiency can put people at risk of:
- Rickets: Bone problems in children
- Osteomalacia- bone problems in adults
- Heart problems
- Cognitive impairment in elderly people.
- Glucose intolerance
- Multiple sclerosis
What are the causes of Vitamin D deficiency?
1) Inadequate amounts of Vitamin D: When you consume only vegetarian diet, you naturally lack vitamin D in your body. This is because most of the natural sources of Vitamin-D are animal-based.
2) Your exposure to Sunlight is limited: Whenever you expose your body to sunlight, it makes Vitamin-D. If you are homebound, live in northern latitudes, wear long robes or head coverings for religious reasons, or have an occupation that prevents exposure to the sun, you are at higher risk of getting Vitamin-D deficiency.
3) You have Dark skin: The ability of the skin to produce melanin will greatly depend on the skin color. The darker your skin, the lower is its ability to produce vitamin D. Studies show that older people with darker skin are at greater risk of suffering from vitamin D deficiency.
4) Your kidneys can’t convert Vitamin D into active form: As age goes by, the ability of the kidneys to function efficiently decreases. As a result, the kidney loses its ability to convert vitamin D into active forms. This causes a deficiency in vitamin D.
5) Your digestive tract cannot absorb Vitamin D: Certain health conditions like celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, cystic fibrosis can adversely affect your intestine’s ability to absorb vitamin-D. As a result, your body lacks vitamin D.
6) Obesity: People with body mass index (BMI) greater than or equal to 30 will have low levels of vitamin-D in their body because vitamin D is extracted from the body by the fat cells.
Who are at High Risk of vitamin D Deficiency?
The following groups of people are at particular risk of vitamin D efficiency:
¬ Pregnant and breastfeeding women
¬ Teenagers and young women
¬ Infants and children below 5 years of age
¬ People who have little or no exposure to the sun
¬ People with darker skin
5 Illness related to Vitamin D deficiency:
1) Dementia: Moderate to severe Vitamin D deficiency can double the risk for some forms of dementia. Dementia is a decline in the thinking, memory, and behavior that adversely affects daily life activities. Alzheimer’s disease is the most common form of dementia. Though affected by this disease are mostly elderly people of age 65 and above.
2) Prostate Cancer: Vitamin D deficiency in men can lead to prostate cancer if left untreated. About 665 men aged between 40 to 70 suffer from prostate cancer as a result of vitamin-D deficiency. It is the most common cancer in men and second most common cause of death in the world. Men with low levels of vitamin D deficiency are at higher risk of prostate cancer than men with normal levels of vitamin-D.
3) Erectile dysfunction: This is the most common sexual problems in men. It can stem from other health problems like diabetes or high blood pressure. The treatment for this includes hormonal replacement therapy, counseling, lifestyle changes like quitting smoking, limiting alcohol, and eating a balanced diet.
4) Schizophrenia: People with Vitamin D deficiency are more likely to be diagnosed with schizophrenia than people with sufficient vitamin D levels. It is a mental illness that causes disordered thinking, delusions, and confusions.
5) Heart Disease: Vitamin-D deficiency is more commonly linked to severe heart problems. About 70% of the patients suffering from heart disease are having low levels of vitamin D.
Some of the Vitamin D supplements are as follows:
1. Drisdol oral
2. Vitamin D3 oral
3. Calcitriol oral
4. Viactiv oral
5. Vitamin D2 oral
6. Rocaltrol oral
7. Decara oral
8. Citrus Calcium oral
9. Liquid calcium with vitamin D oral
10. Oyster shell + D3 oral
Here is an amazing way for safe exposure to the sun!
Just to 10 to 15 minutes in the summer sun without sunscreen is more than enough to top up vitamin-D levels in your body. People with darker skin need to spend longer duration in the sun than people with lighter skin. The best time to recharge Vitamin D levels in your body is from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. and the best duration of a year is from April to September. The larger the area of your body being uncovered, the greater is the Vitamin-D levels you receive.
Other than daily vitamin top up the usual sun protection methods should be taken care of. This includes using sunscreen with sun protection factor (SPF) at least 15. To know more about the vitamin D benefits, its supplements, and the effects of vitamin D deficiency in men, women, and children contact our doctors on free doctor helpline. Log on to www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444.
Tests for vitamin D deficiency:
The 25-hydroxy Vitamin-D blood test is the most accurate way to measure the amount of Vitamin D in your body. About 20-50 ng/mL is considered adequate for a healthy person. If this level goes below 12 ng/mL then it indicates vitamin D deficiency.
Treatment for vitamin D deficiency:
The only way to treat this deficiency is to get more Vitamin-D in your body through diet and supplements. The amount of Vitamin D needed for an optimal health differs depending on the age and health conditions.
If you are so much bothered about tanning and therefore don’t expose your skin to the sun, then you should probably talk to your doctor about taking Vitamin-D supplements. Especially, if you have risk factors for Vitamin D deficiency then it is better to consult a doctor immediately.
The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of Vitamin-D has been raised to 600 international units (IU) in children to 800 international units (IU) in adults. The safer upper limit was also raised to 4000 international units (IU). Doctors may prescribe 4000 international units (IU) to correct vitamin D deficiency.
Natural remedies and therapy for kidney stones or kidney stones are created of concrete or aggregations of crystals of dissolved minerals in the kidneys in urine formed. Kidney stones are a typical trigger of blood in the urine and often severe discomfort in the abdomen, flanks, or groin. Renal colic with nausea and vomiting related to Read More
Symptoms and treatment of kidney cancer kidney cancer is an illness of the kidneys, the organs commence curly reddish brown about the size of a small fist, over and above the waist on both sides spine. Kidney cancer is identified in cells of the kidney. They are closer to the back of the body, as Read More
Therapy compared to a cysts on the sex glands should always be ready for application of biological methods
Therapy about a sexual gland cysts should usually be ready to use organic techniques Write-up Therapy Cysts on the sex glands may be straightforward or too intense in terms of size and condition of the cysts. These sorts of the tumor are not an imminent danger to life once a lady, but huge cysts and sorts of Read More
Causes of Stress Stress Effects on a human body What Experts Say About Stress How to Overcome From Stress Easy and simple way to overcome from Stress / Depression
What is OCD?? OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is a psychological wellness condition that revolves around crippling obsessions or impulse, troubling activities, and monotonous musings. A 2001 World Health Organization (WHO) psychological wellness report evaluated that OCD was among the main 20 reasons for sickness related incapacity worldwide for individuals matured 15 to 44 years. The Read More