Climate change threatens human health which may include mental health, access to clean and fresh air, pure water for drinking purposes, nutritious food and shelter.
Some people are affected more by climate change than others because of several factors which may include the place where they live, their age, health, income, and also occupation and how they live their day to day life.
Things that affect most to a Pregnant Women
Out of various pollutants, air pollutants affect pregnant women the most. Air pollutants cause respiratory illness in pregnant women which affects the weight of the baby at birth or premature birth. Changing climate can increase the amount of pollution, dust and smoke content in the air. As a result, pregnant women suffer from dehydration and kidney failure(in the most extreme case). Dehydration can be really dangerous for the baby if it occurs in early pregnancy. It can affect a baby’s growth and later can also cause premature birth. Greenhouse gases trap energy in the atmosphere and act like a blanket surrounding the Earth. There are various reasons for making the climate warmer. Burning of fossil fuels for generating increases the number of greenhouse gases in the atmosphere which makes the climate warm.
Climate change affects our whole lifestyle including the food which we eat, the air, and also the water which we drink. It is not only the responsibility of the pregnant women to take care of the baby but her family should also be alert in such conditions. They should conduct proper checks with the doctor and also apply the preventive measures suggested by the doctors. Extreme weather changes can cause floods, hurricanes etc which also increases health risks for the pregnant women. Diseases like diarrhoea are most common in such cases, which leads to birth outcomes such as the low weight of a baby at birth. Along with Physical conditions various mental health, stress and other issues also gets associated due to climate changes.
However, to limit or control Climate change impacts during pregnancy you can visit your local health department which will provide you with detailed information about cooling centres, disaster preparedness, and preventive measures you need to take during the pregnancy period to avoid any kind of harm to the baby and other issues of concern to you. Talk to your doctor about any contaminants you think you may have come in contact with or may be at risk of encountering, and any additional concern(if any).
Natural remedies and therapy for kidney stones or kidney stones are created of concrete or aggregations of crystals of dissolved minerals in the kidneys in urine formed. Kidney stones are a typical trigger of blood in the urine and often severe discomfort in the abdomen, flanks, or groin. Renal colic with nausea and vomiting related to Read More
Symptoms and treatment of kidney cancer kidney cancer is an illness of the kidneys, the organs commence curly reddish brown about the size of a small fist, over and above the waist on both sides spine. Kidney cancer is identified in cells of the kidney. They are closer to the back of the body, as Read More
Therapy compared to a cysts on the sex glands should always be ready for application of biological methods
Therapy about a sexual gland cysts should usually be ready to use organic techniques Write-up Therapy Cysts on the sex glands may be straightforward or too intense in terms of size and condition of the cysts. These sorts of the tumor are not an imminent danger to life once a lady, but huge cysts and sorts of Read More
Causes of Stress Stress Effects on a human body What Experts Say About Stress How to Overcome From Stress Easy and simple way to overcome from Stress / Depression
What is OCD?? OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is a psychological wellness condition that revolves around crippling obsessions or impulse, troubling activities, and monotonous musings. A 2001 World Health Organization (WHO) psychological wellness report evaluated that OCD was among the main 20 reasons for sickness related incapacity worldwide for individuals matured 15 to 44 years. The Read More
Have you ever noticed your little baby getting crabby and irritable just after or during their feedings? If yes, then it is very likely that the baby has taken in some air along with the milk which is bothering him/her. To tackle these sensitive matters, this blog would provide you with certain simple burping tips, Read More
Menstruation or period is the condition in women in which blood and tissue from the uterus come out of the vagina. Menstruation cycle usually happens every month in girls and women. The menstrual cycle is controlled by hormones like estrogen and progesterone. See: Why Do you Ovulate? According to a study, more than 800 million women Read More
Climate change threatens human health which may include mental health, access to clean and fresh air, pure water for drinking purposes, nutritious food and shelter. Some people are affected more by climate change than others because of several factors which may include the place where they live, their age, health, income, and also occupation and Read More
The term adultery refers to a voluntary extramarital sexual intercourse between two persons who are not married to each other. It may either take place between a married man and someone else’s wife or between a married woman and someone else’s husband, with mutual consents between the two. Whatever the case be, it is considered Read More
LASIK, a type of laser eye surgery, stands for “Laser In-Situ Keratomileusis”. This surgery of LASIK is used to improve and repair the problems of vision. It can address the problems of people who are suffering from refractive error difficulties like farsightedness (hyperopia), short-sightedness (myopia), and/or astigmatism. LASIK engages a surgical process to remove the Read More
Ovulation is the point at which a developed egg is discharged from the ovary, pushed down the fallopian tube, and made accessible in the fallopian tube for fertilisation.
In Order to Calculate your safe period you need to calculate following over your ovulation
Calculate the length of your normal menstrual cycle. The very beginning is the principal day of the menstrual period and the last day is the day preceding the restart of the next period.
Things You Should Know about your Ovulation | Calculate Safe Period
Ovulation occurs around two weeks before the following expected period. So if your normal menstrual cycle is of 28 days, your ovulation occurs around day 14.
How would you know you’re ovulating?
The cycles of different women can differ and are not really regular, so to realize that you are ovulating and find out on which day of your cycle you ovulate, watch your fertility signs all through your cycle. It would be much better if you record them on a chart.
The best techniques for working out when ovulation is going to happen are: Period tracker
Watch out if your mucus is any different than regular. During the period of ovulation, you may see your vagina’s mucus is clear, smooth and slippery. This is the best indication that ovulation is really happening.
Get an ovulation predictor kit. You can begin testing with this kit a couple days before your evaluated day of ovulation. Subtract 17 days from your normal cycle length and begin testing from this day of your cycle, e.g. on the off chance that you have a 28-day cycle, you would begin testing from day 11. A positive outcome implies you will ovulate in the following 24 to 36 hours.
Make sure to record your Basal Body Temperature (BBT) every day getting up. An exclusive basal body temperature thermometer will guarantee precise estimation. Your BBT ascends by half a degree Celsius after ovulation has happened. By diagramming your temperature, it’s anything but difficult to see when the ascent in temperature and ovulation happens. In light of the fact that at this stage ovulation has already passed, it does not find you the fertile window for now, yet, may manage you for one month from now.
Coconut Oil is one of the few foods that can be classified as a “Super Food”. It helps in treating various skin problems include psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema and other skin infections. Also it delays the appearance of wrinkles and sagging of skin and preventing premature aging due to its well-known antioxidant properties. Types of Coconut Read More
Sunburns are one of the biggest threats of summer. With the temperatures rising to its peak, our skin is also getting exposed allot to UV rays. One cannot leave his/her work because of hot weather and we can’t stop ourselves from stepping out in the sun. But yes one can prevent himself from getting exposed Read More
Tan, the word is a scare especially if you live in India where getting Tan is too easy and too problematic to remove tan. Vitamin D is essential and very nutritious for the body but tan becomes a huge scare. Sun tanning or simply tanning is the process whereby skin colour is darkened or tanned. Read More
Beautiful skin is the attire and desire of every woman! Every attire is to be taken care of and this is very true with beautiful skin as well. A special care is needed for the skin during the summer seasons. It’s already summer and it is high time you need to protect your skin from Read More
Its time for the summer vacations when your kids and family wait to travel around the city or outside the town. Most of you must have already planned up their outdoor vacations to enjoy the summers and make best possible use of their holiday time. The vacation can be a beach or can be some Read More
A large section of population wants to have their own children, most preferably. But in some cases, that is not possible. It can be because of inability to conceive in the wife or the husband, or the couple being gay or a single man or woman desiring to have his or her own child. In such cases, those people can go for In Vitro Fertilization (IVF) surrogacy in India. They can easily opt for India as the costs are much lower here and also chances of finding a surrogate mother here are quite high.
So, evidently there are many such unfortunate couples and individuals out there who cannot bear their own children. But they can still become parents by opting for surrogacy. And hence the demand graph for surrogacy peaks inevitably. Regardless of this great demand, there are moral issues surrounding this surrogacy debate, a kind of moral conflict turning this great opportunity into a great controversy. As a matter of fact, there are various laws in the US defining exactly what is acceptable about IVF and what goes against the law and should not be practised. Turning towards India for surrogacy can in such situations boost hopes of such unfortunate couples.
What are the Advantages of choosing India for IVF Surrogacy?
- It will cost you only a fraction of that in the US or anywhere else.
- Medical tourism is a large and well organized industry in India, and hence India is well equipped to cater to your needs.
- Legitimate, and well prepared IVF centers in India and specialists are set up with various screened and tried surrogate mother in their documents. The ladies comprehend, and have concurred that conveying another family’s youngster is a job for which they are being enlisted, and that when the infant is conceived it will be given over to its appointing guardians.
What are the various laws guiding the IVF Surrogacy in India?
- There is no law confining any outsider originating from another nation and enlisting surrogate mother in India to give birth to their babies.
- The outsiders opting for IVF surrogacy can be either married or unmarried, gay, or single.
In any case, in light of the fact that there is likewise no international law with respect to surrogacy, now and then the legitimate nationality and lawful parentage of the kid can bring about perplexity when the new family returns home.
Another law is as of now being discussed in the Indian parliament. In addition to other things, it contains arrangements for:
- An independent agency that will monitor and take care of the Assisted Reproductive Technology (ART) banks. Instead of the clinics, these banks are designated to recruit the surrogate mothers in India. This move also empowers the mothers with greater independence to negotiate their own fees.
- Each mother is limited to only 5 surrogate pregnancies.
- Each surrogate mother is entitled to an age limit of 35 years.
- An earlier assurance that the nation of origin of the charging guardians will acknowledge the child as theirs once it is conceived
What things you ought to Consider Before Planning your Trip to India for IVF Surrogacy?
Research the capabilities of the IVF specialists in India and their centers, so you know the ones you need to work with. Additionally, investigate the laws in regards to surrogacy in your nation or state on the accompanying:
- Will you be legitimately perceived as a parent or guardians of the newborn?
- Will your newborn be perceived as yours and be issued a passport to come back to your nation of origin?
- Will you need to experience adoption procedures before the newborn will be viewed as yours?
A few nations require a DNA test to demonstrate that the newborn is identified with one of the authorizing parents. A few nations would need consent from the birth parent (the surrogate mother) before the commissioning parent is permitted to travel to his or her own country with the child.
You are highly advised to get an agreement made covering every one of these issues signed by every one of the members . It is likewise fitting for the commissioning parents to employ a legal counselor in their nation of origin who can work with an attorney in India to draft the agreement.
Why should you Travel for IVF Surrogacy to India?
Since a large number of individuals as of now have and are content with their newborns, you should travel to India for surrogacy for the following reasons:
- India already has the mastery and the experience, needed to deliver surrogacy.
- The nature and quality of surrogate moms working with the best IVF specialists in India is the finest.
- The expenses will be much lower.
Going to your pregnant surrogate and being there at the birth of your child additionally, will give you the chance to encounter the marvels of a rich, delightful, old culture. IVF surrogacy in India is turning into the favoured choice for unfortunate childless couples and individuals all around the world.
IVF or The In Vitro Fertilization is the process of fertilization of the egg or eggs outside the body. It’s a fertility treatment in which eggs and sperms are combined in the laboratory. The resulting embryos are assessed for quality and one or more are placed in the uterus through the cervix. The IVF Treatment can be performed by using your own eggs and sperms or the donated eggs and sperms.
Why go for IVF treatment?
IVF can help you get pregnant if you have problems like ovulation, egg quality, blocked fallopian tubes, or if your partner has problems with sperm count or mobility. It helps you get pregnant using a donor egg or sperm. This treatment can also be used if the doctors can’t figure out the exact reason for infertility or if other treatment options have failed.
What is the IVF Process?
IVF has the following treatment procedures:
- Ovary stimulation: in this, 8 to 14 days around your menstrual cycle you will be advised to take a fertility drug such as gonadotropin. This stimulates your ovary to produce multiple eggs for fertilization instead of just one. You will also be advised to take a synthetic hormone to prevent your ovaries from releasing eggs too early.
- Follicle development: the follicles are the fluid-filled sacs where the eggs mature. When you take these medications, you should visit your doctor every 3 to 4 days to have your blood hormone levels checked and to observe your ovaries under ultrasound.
- The trigger shot: when the follicles are ready, you will be given a trigger shot which is a medicine that causes your eggs to mature fully. They are then capable of being fertilized. After 36 hours of the trigger shot, your eggs are ready to be retrieved.
- Gathering the eggs: the doctor inserts an ultrasound probe into your vagina to observe the ovaries and follicles. A needle is then inserted through the vaginal wall to remove the egg from the follicle. About 8 to 15 eggs are obtained.
- Fertilization: the embryologist will check the quality of the eggs before combining it with the sperms. Fertilization takes place during this time. ICSI –intracytoplasmic sperm injection is a technique in which each sperm is directly inserted into the mature eggs.
- Developing embryos: after the retrieval of the eggs, the eggs that are successfully fertilized will form a 6 to 10 celled embryo. By the 5th day, the embryo will become blastocysts with fluid-filled cavity and tissues that will develop into placenta and baby.
- Embryo selection: after the egg retrieval, the embryologist will choose the most viable embryo to place it into the uterus. If there are any extra embryos, it can be preserved for future IVF cycles.
- Planting the embryo: the doctor will place 1 to 5 embryos in your uterus, depending on the diagnosis and your age. It is placed using a catheter. One might feel slight cramping but you’ll not need an anesthesia.
- Successful implantation: if the treatment is successful, then the embryo implants in your uterine wall and grows into a baby. If more than one embryo is transferred the chances of getting pregnant are more. About 20%of IVF cases will give birth to twins, triplets, or more.
You can take a pregnancy test after two or three weeks of the embryo placed into the uterus.
What is the role of men?
Around the time, when your partner’s eggs are collected, you will have to produce the sample of your sperms. The sperms will be washed and prepared so that the active ones are separated from the poor quality ones.
Also read: How would you know you’re ovulating?
How long will IVF take?
The duration is about 6 to 8 weeks to complete one IVF cycle. You will have to wait for a week for the eggs to get mature. Then, consult your doctor to have the eggs retrieved and fertilized. After, 3 to 5 days you will have to again visit the doctor’s clinic to have the embryos inserted into the uterus.
What is the success rate of IVF Treatment?
The success rates highly depend on the couple’s reasons for infertility and their ages. The younger the couples, the greater is the possibility of success rates due to healthier eggs.
The % of IVF cycles resulting in live births is about:
- 40% of women under 34 years of age
- 31% of women between 35-37 years
- 21% of women between 38-40 years
- 11% of women between 41 to 42 years
- 5% of women between above 43 years
What are the pros of IVF?
Advantage of IVF Treatment:
- It has been a successful method of fertilization without causing any harmful effects on the child.
- It has been in existence for years and is a widely preferred method of fertilization when all other methods fail.
- The use of fertility drugs has no connection with ovarian cancer
- Researchers still find a way to refine and improve IVF procedures.
Any treatment procedures come along with its own drawbacks and shortcomings. In that aspect, IVF has its own Disadvantage. Those are:
- Highly expensive
- Time-consuming procedure
- There are changes of miscarriage and other complications
- There are more chances of giving birth to twins & triplets.
- Increased risk of ectopic pregnancy
- Risk of ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome
- Failure of the treatment in some cases
What does IVF cost?
A few decades ago, people thought of IVF procedure as a mysterious procedure used for infertility treatment that produces test tube babies. Later did they realize that it was the most effective method of fertilization by external means.
The cost of IVF treatments in various states excluding the drugs & blood test charges are listed below:
- Mumbai: INR 2,00,000 -3,00,000
- Bangalore: INR 1,60,000-1,75,000
- Chennai: INR 1,45,000-1,60,000
- Delhi: INR 90,000-1,25,000
- Nagpur: INR 75,000-90,000
- Hyderabad: INR 70,000-90,000
- Pune: INR 65,000-85,000
- Kolkata: INR 65,000-80,000
Other factors that affect the IVF cost in India:
A woman under 35 years of age has 32% chance of success at the IVF treatment whereas woman above 39 years of age may need 5 or more treatments in order to get pregnant. The woman’s age is the most important factor in determining the success rate of the treatment. Some clinics also offer multiple-cycle IVF cost plans, which would be much cheaper for the couples.
- ¨ Couples with low fertility levels will require donor sperm or donor eggs. The cost of donor sperm is about INR 8,000 to 12,000 whereas the cost of a donor egg is INR 28,000 to 42,000.
- ¨ Donor embryos are preferred by couples where one or both the partners are likely to have a serious health condition which could be inherited by the children. The cost donor embryos for IVF treatment may range from INR 36,000 to 52,000.
- ¨ Some couples prefer to go with frozen embryo transfer so that they can be thawed and transferred into women’s uterus at a later date and as per the couple’s convenience. The cost of frozen embryo transplant can be anywhere between 20,000 to 30,000
- ¨ The Testicular Sperm Aspiration (T.E.S.A) is a sperm extraction procedure which is done in men who has a vasectomy but still desires to have a child. It is a simple procedure which takes about 30 minutes that involves local anesthesia. A small needle is used to extract sperm directly from the testicle. The cost of this procedure is generally about INR 12,000 to 18,000.
- ¨ Intracytoplasmic Sperm Injection (ICSI) is a technique in which each sperm is directly inserted into the mature eggs. This is preferred by couples who face male fertility issues such as low sperm count and poor sperm quality. The cost of ICSI procedure from 20,000 to 45,000
Also Read: Womb on sale: Surrogacy in India
Freezing embryo for IVF treatments
This technique is becoming a popular choice among women who wish to pursue their career during their 20s & 30s and then raise children when they are in their 40s. The cost of embryo prevention is the combination of cost of the initial procedure and annual charges to keep the embryos frozen. The initial procedure will cost about INR 20,000 to 30,000 and you will have to pay an additional INR 4,000 to 6,000 each year to preserve them.
Don’t narrow down your choice only on the basis of the cost. The cost of various IVF treatments will differ from city to city and from clinic to clinic. Look for the best hospitals and surgeons that provide the best IVF treatments in India.
You may also like: How Climate Change Could Affect Your Pregnancy ?
Top 10 IVF treatment hospitals:
- Max healthcare- New Delhi
- L.H Hiranandani Hospital-Mumbai
- Infertility India- Mumbai
- Virk center for human reproduction- Punjab
- Bloom fertility center- Maharashtra
- Nova IVI fertility- Gujarat
- BLK Super specialty hospital-New Delhi
- Apollo hospital center for assisted reproduction- Bangalore
- Indira infertility clinic & research center- Udaipur
- Shivani fertility & mother care- Rajasthan
The Indian government has not laid any laws based on surrogacy or IVF treatments but has scheduled guidelines for the visa purposes. Foreigners have to be aware of those guidelines if they wish to take up treatment in India.
While IVF treatments may seem expensive, they are fairly reasonable considering the sophisticated medical technology used and the expertise of the doctors. Besides, when it comes to children, as any couple who has undergone the treatment will tell you, it’s certainly worth it.
For more details about IVF and get yourself treated by best gynaecologists of India, you may contact Free Doctor Helpline at +918010555444