Cancer: Signs and Symptoms
Cancer is the uncontrolled division of cells of the affected area thereby destroying the adjoining tissues. As the disease grows, this pushes the nearby organs, blood vessels and nerves which makes the symptom appear. This may cause unusual pain. Pancreatic cancer might obstruct the bile duct, thus causing the jaundice.
Some common symptoms include:
- Extreme tiredness
- Weight loss
- Change in bowel habit
- White patches inside mouth or white spots on tongue
- Sore that do not heal
- Unusual bleeding or discharge
- Thickening or lump in breast or other parts of the body
- Indigestion or troubled swallowing
- Recent change in wart or mole
- Cough or hoarse voice
- Skin change-Darker skin, Yellowing of eyes and skin, Itching, Excessive hair growth
Earlier the detection, greater is the chance of survival of a cancer patient.