Sunburns are one of the biggest threats of summer. With the temperatures rising to its peak, our skin is also getting exposed allot to UV rays. One cannot leave his/her work because of hot weather and we can’t stop ourselves from stepping out in the sun. But yes one can prevent himself from getting exposed to UV rays.
Also Check: How to Stay Hydrated in Summers!
Natural Sunburn Prevention Tips that you must know
Here are some of the tips that might help you prevent sunburns during summer:
1) Decrease Consumption of Processed Foods
Processed foods are not only bad for your body but also for your skin quality.
Avoiding processed foods can protect your skin from sun-burns and will improve your skin quality.
Avoiding those fatty and fried foods can protect your skin from sunburns, and will make you look even better while you are out.
2) Tomato and Orange Face-packs
For expelling suntan, clean your face with this pack: Add a teaspoon of milk to two spoons of oats and include two tablespoons of tomato juice, some orange mash and a couple of squeezes of poppy seeds. Mix them together slowly so that it becomes thick like a face-pack. Apply everything over your face and neck, leave till it gets clean and dry while flushing.
The tomato and orange concentrate will light up your skin tone, while the milk will include shine.
3) Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera contains Zinc and zinc is anti-inflammatory. Applying Aloe Vera on the skin during summer helps to soothe and also heal the sunburn. For instant sunburn relief freeze the Aloe Vera gel in the ice cubes. Wrap 2-3 cubes in a cloth, and apply them on the affected area when required.
4) Cucumber or Rose Water
The cucumber juice along with rose water helps the skin become healthy and free from dirt. It works as a cooling agent for the skin. In order to use it effectively mix these two with lemon juice and then apply for better results.
5) Avoid Exposure between 12 pm- 4 pm
The main reason of sunburns are the UV rays. During these hour’s sun’s rays are really dangerous. But in any case, if you have to go somewhere between these hours make sure you have proper sunscreen applied on your screen.
6) Addition of Antioxidant-rich foods to the diet
Cherries, blackberries, and spinach are all foods that are found rich in antioxidants and protects the cells against the sun. Many of the fruits are also rich in vitamins C and E which will reverse the aging effects of sun damage. So eating healthy will not only lengthen lifespan but can also supplement the skincare routine.
7) Lemon Juice
Lemon is a very good remedy for sunburn because of its bleaching properties. Applying it to your skin before going out in hot weather can really help your skin free from sun burn.
Papaya has several cleansing properties which help to cleanse all the dead cells in the skin. Papaya pulp is one of the best solutions one can get to treat the dead cells. The small quantity of curd or even lemon juice can be added to the pulp in order to remove tan.
Natural remedies and therapy for kidney stones or kidney stones are created of concrete or aggregations of crystals of dissolved minerals in the kidneys in urine formed. Kidney stones are a typical trigger of blood in the urine and often severe discomfort in the abdomen, flanks, or groin. Renal colic with nausea and vomiting related to Read More
Symptoms and treatment of kidney cancer kidney cancer is an illness of the kidneys, the organs commence curly reddish brown about the size of a small fist, over and above the waist on both sides spine. Kidney cancer is identified in cells of the kidney. They are closer to the back of the body, as Read More
Therapy compared to a cysts on the sex glands should always be ready for application of biological methods
Therapy about a sexual gland cysts should usually be ready to use organic techniques Write-up Therapy Cysts on the sex glands may be straightforward or too intense in terms of size and condition of the cysts. These sorts of the tumor are not an imminent danger to life once a lady, but huge cysts and sorts of Read More
Causes of Stress Stress Effects on a human body What Experts Say About Stress How to Overcome From Stress Easy and simple way to overcome from Stress / Depression
What is OCD?? OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is a psychological wellness condition that revolves around crippling obsessions or impulse, troubling activities, and monotonous musings. A 2001 World Health Organization (WHO) psychological wellness report evaluated that OCD was among the main 20 reasons for sickness related incapacity worldwide for individuals matured 15 to 44 years. The Read More
How much of you be drinking every day to stay hydrated? it’s pretty basic question, but no clear-cut answer to this. Water is the one nutrient we can’t survive without for long. As summer hits, you need to keep in mind few important tips to stay hydrated through the hot temperatures.
1.Drink enough water to prevent dehydration:
Drink at least 8 ounces glasses of water per day. In the morning, immediately after waking up, have one glass of water. Drinking enough water will also keep your skin dehydrated and will reduce the amount of skin dehydration.
If you’re too bored of consuming regular water, then go for coconut water. Coconut water consists of potassium, magnesium, sodium, and calcium, and is a mineral-rich liquid which helps in replenishing lost fluids and electrolytes.
2. Avoid caffeine, energy drinks and alcohol:
A very common idea is that an ice cold coke or an iced coffee would help one to deal with the heat, but in reality, these drinks dehydrate you even more. Similarly avoid alcohol as much as possible. If you are going to drink alcohol then make sure you drink enough water after each alcohol beverages, as this will help in balancing and will reduce the amount of dehydration.
3. Consume water-filled fruits and veggies:
Fruits like watermelon, melon, strawberries, berries, oranges, and cantaloupes will keep you hydrated.
NOTE: You can also add chia seeds to your diet.
4. Exfoliate your skin:
Exfoliation helps in removing dull and dead skin debris to prevent congestion and thus improves your skin and hydrates it. Also, exfoliate your skin at night to remove unnecessary makeup and oil from your skin.
5. Apply Sunscreens:
Sunscreens are a must before the direct exposure of your skin to the sun. Layer your skin with summer skin care products such as moisturizers with SPF or sunblocks or sunscreens. You can also doctor prescribed ointments or moisturizers. Sunscreens protect your skin from harmful Ultra violet rays.
6. Wear lite Clothing
Make sure to wear breathable clothes and should always carry goggles and hats along with you so as to protect your skin and face from getting damaged.
7. Do not wait till you are thirsty:
It happens often, by the time you feel thirsty you’re already dehydrated. So as to avoid dehydration, drink enough water at regular intervals.
8. Treat Sun Damage:
UV light makes the skin dull thus causing photoaging in the form of coarse skin, brown spots, pigmentation, and wrinkles. When sunlight comes in direct contact with the skin it causes skin damage like inflammation and irritation. Soothe your skin, apply cooling balms. Apply and re-apply sunscreen every two hours when in doubt. Use skin age-fighting products to undo any damage to your skin.
I hope this brief article helps you to stay hydrated in summer.
Also Read: Tips to control body temperature in summers
seven recommended anti aging skin care ingredients
We realize that giving your skin the correct fixings it needs is vitally important. Doing as such means your skin can be radiant, seem more youthful and smoother, and you’ll see less scarce differences in addition to decreased wrinkles and profound lines.
Keeping in mind the end goal to help you, we compressed a portion of the key things to search for when looking for against maturing items.
The truth of the matter is your skin needs an adjusted, expound blend of capable fixings to enhance its surface, resuscitate brilliance, noticeably even skin tone, enhance loss of immovability, and obviously limit different indications of maturing, including the presence of wrinkles and protected be skin disease.
Retinoids –Forms of Vitamin A that speed up cell turnover, retinoids help remove dead skin cells that can clog pores and make skin look dull. They boost Collagen & elastin production by stimulating cellular repair, and increase blood-vessel formation.We found several thousand published studies on the skin-saving effects of these vitamin A derivatives. The overwhelming consensus: Retinoids increase collagen production (plumping your skin), speed up cell turnover (smoothing your complexion) and unclog pores (reducing breakouts).
Alpha-Hydroxy Acids – Alpha hydroxy acids are gotten from products of the soil sugars. The most regularly utilized alpha hydroxy acids are glycolic acid and acid corrosive since they have a unique capacity to infiltrate the skin. They likewise have the most logical information on their adequacy and reactions.
AHAs such as glycolic ,lactic , tartaric and citric acids, remove dead and Damaged cells,reduce fine lines, age spots ,acne scars, and help even out discoloration .These acids, often derived from fruit or milk sugars, dissolve the “glue” between the complexion-dulling dead skin cells that accumulate with age, allowing them to be sloughed off, revealing fresh skin.
Hyaluronic Acid – Hyaluronic acid is a humectant that absorbs water — about 1,000 times its weight — and plumps skin.It aids in the repair and regeneration of skin affected by dryness,environmental stress or irritation.They are small proteins that not only act as antioxidants,but also stimulate collagen & elastin production. Hyaluronic acid not only makes parched skin feel better but also temporarily plumps it, and is light enough to blend seamlessly with makeup.
Antioxidant-Antioxidants are effective substances that assistance to battle aggravation containing substances in the body known as free radicals. Free radicals are produced when your body separates food or taken in when your body is presented to unsafe aggravations, for example, tobacco smoke, contamination or radiation. Cell reinforcements, for example, vitamin C, vitamin An or beta-carotene can be connected to the skin with a specific end goal to diminish free radical harm.Antioxidants counteract the effects of harmful free radicals molecules that form in the body as a result of damage from UV rays and other environmental irritants– and help to preserve DNA collagen & elastin.
Ceramides- Ceramides are a structurally heterogeneous and complex group of sphingolipids containing derivatives of sphingosine bases in amide linkage with a variety of fatty acids.ceramides help skin recover from sun damage,dryness & irritation .They also help regulate cell activity and may help prevent the loss of collagen & elastin.They help form the skin’s protective barrier, locking in moisture and protecting against environmental damage.
DNA– repair Ingredients- Compounds derived from plant source have been found to restore DNA that has been damaged by free radicals, help reverse sun damage & stimulate collagen production.
Lighteners-To help even out sun spots, blotches and mottled skin, a little hydroquinone can work wonders. Alternatives using kojic acid or other non-hydroquinone skin-lighteners are also available.
The eyes are the complex organs in which many parts has to work together in order to produce a clear vision. The rods and cons cells help in color differentiation and perception of light. This unique organ is prone to a number of diseases as age goes. This article will help you understand a lot more about the human eye, various eye diseases, its symptoms & treatment.
Many eye diseases have no early symptoms. They may be painless and will not hinder your vision until the diseases have reached the advanced stage. The best way to protect your vision is by having eye examinations by professionals at regular intervals.
Most people will have an eye disease more than once during the lifetime. Some of it will be minor and will fade away on its own whereas some turn out to be a serious eye disorder.
Anytime you feel your vision isn’t the same as it used to be, then immediately have a consultation with your eye specialist. The following are some of the common eye problems and see if the symptoms get worse with time.
- Eyestrain: Anyone who reads a lot, works on a computer for hours together or drives long distances are more vulnerable to eyestrains. Just like other parts of the body, the eyes also need proper rest. When you fail in this, it causes eye strains. The best way to overcome this is to take a break from your routine work and gives your eyes the rest they need. Still, if they seem to be weary, then have an eye check-up.
- Does your eye look bloodshot? The surface of the eyes has a lot of blood vessels which gets expanded when they are infected or irritated. This gives the eyes the red look. A late night study, lack of sleep or allergies can also cause red eyes. Sometimes red eyes may be a symptom of other diseases like conjunctivitis or sun damage. If eye drops and rest don’t clear it up, consult your doctor.
- Night Blindness: do you find it hard to see at night? Especially while driving or at theaters? If yes, then it sounds like night blindness. It is not a disease on its own but a symptom of any other underlying problems usually nearsightedness, cataracts, or a lack of vitamin A. This is often treatable but some people are born with this disorder or it might develop a degenerative disease involving retina. In these cases, it is usually not treatable. So you will have to be extra-conscious at areas of low lights.
- Lazy eyes: lazy eyes or amblyopia is a condition in which one eye doesn’t develop properly. Vision is weaker in that eye and tends to move slowly which the other eye stands still in place. It is usually encountered in infants, children, and adults. It rarely affects both the eyes. If it is detected at an early stage then it can treat using corrective glasses or contact lenses.
- Strabismus or nystagmus: if your eyes aren’t lined up with each other when you look at something then you are probably suffering from a condition called cross eyes or strabismus. It won’t go on its own until you treat it with your ophthalmologist. In the case of nystagmus, you have no control over your eyes. It moves on its own all the time. Treatments like vision therapy or even surgeries can make your eyes stronger.
- Color blindness: when the cone cells in your eyes are absent or don’t work properly then you may be colorblind. It is a condition where your eyes will not be able to distinguish between colors especially red and green. If it gets more severe then you can see only in shades of gray. Men are more likely to get affected with this than women. There is no treatment if you are born with this, but some glasses or contact lenses can help you differentiate between the colors.
- Uveitis: uvea is the middle layer of the eye that contains most of the blood vessels. Uveitis is the name for the group of diseases which cause inflammation of the uvea. It can destroy the eye tissues and cause loss of vision. People of all age groups can be a victim of this condition. Some of the symptoms include:
- Blurred vision
- Eye pain
- Eye redness
- Light sensitivity
The treatment for this depends on the type of uveitis you are suffering.
- Presbyopia: it is a condition where you lose the ability to view objects that are at a shorter distance and small prints. This condition arises above the age of 40 or so. Reading glasses, contact lenses, or laser eye surgery can help restore good reading vision.
- Floaters: these are tiny spots or specks that float across your field of vision. They are normal, but sometimes they may be an underlying reason for some other serious eye problems like retinal detachments. If you see a sudden change in the number of spots or flashes or a new dark curtain in the field of peripheral vision, it is better to consult your doctor as soon as possible.
- Dry eyes: this happens when your eyes can’t make enough good quality tears. You might have a burning sensation in your eyes or feel like something is there in your eyes. Extreme dryness can lead to loss of vision.
- Excess tearing: this has nothing to do with your feeling. You might be more sensitive to light, wind or temperature changes. Protect your eyes with windshields or wearing sunglasses. Tearing may also be a symptom of other serious problems such as eye infection or blocked tear duct.
- Retinal disorders: The retina is the thin lining at the back of the eyes which collects the images and sends it to the brain. Any block in the retina will affect this transfer. There are different types:
- Macular degeneration: breakdown of small portions of the retina
- Diabetic retinopathy: damage to blood vessels in the retina due to diabetes
- Retinal detachment: retina detaches from the layer underneath
- Conjunctivitis ( pinkeye): the tissue that covers the back of your eyelids and sclera gets inflamed. It causes redness, itching, burning, tearing or discharge. People of all ages are prone to this condition. Other causes may be infection or exposure to any chemicals.
- Corneal disease: the cornea helps the eye to focus the light that comes into the eye. The cornea may be damaged due to any diseases, infection, injury or exposure to any toxins. Some of the symptoms include:
- Redness in the eye
- Watery eyes
- Reduced vision
This condition can be treated using new eyeglasses, contact lens, prescribed eye drops or even a surgery.
- Eyelid problems: your eyelids perform a lot of functions. They protect your eyes from dust, spread the tears evenly over the surface, and limit the amount of light that can get in. some common symptoms of eyelid problems include pain, itching, sensitivity to light and tearing. Proper cleaning, medication, and surgery are few treatment procedures.
- Problems with contact lenses: for many people, it works really well, provided you take care of it. Follow certain guidelines to use it effectively:
- Wash your hands before you touch it
- Never wet them by putting them in your mouth.
- Make sure your lenses fit properly and don’t scratch your eyes.
- Do remove it before you go to sleep as it can cause infection.
If you still have allergy or itching contact your doctor immediately
These are some common eye infections which may lead to more serious eye disorders.
The following are some of the serious eye problems which if not treated may cause loss of vision.
A cataract refers to the clouding of the eye’s natural lens which lies behind the iris and the pupil. It is the principle cause of blindness in the world and is most common in people of age 40 years and above.
There are 3 types of cataract:
- SUBCAPSULAR CATARACT: This type of cataract occurs at the back of the eye. It is most common in people with diabetes or those taking high doses of steroid medication.
- NUCLEAR CATARACT: This type of cataract occurs in the deep central zone of the lens. It occurs due to aging.
- CORTICAL CATARACT: This type of cataract begins in the periphery of the lens and slowly spreads towards the center of the lens. It affects the cortex of the lens, which is the part of the lens that surrounds the central zone.
Glaucoma is a condition that affects your eye’s optic nerve and gets worse over time. It is due to the buildup of pressure inside the eye. The optic nerve transmits images to the brain. Any increase in pressure, called the intraocular pressure, will adversely affect the eye’s optic nerve. If this damage continues it can permanently cause loss of vision.
What causes glaucoma?
Glaucoma is caused as a result of high fluid pressure inside the eye. This happens when the fluid in the eye’s front surface doesn’t circulate the way it should. This fluid called aqueous humor usually flows through the eye through a mesh-like channel. When this channel is blocked the fluid gets builds up increasing the pressure within the eye, causing glaucoma.
Types of glaucoma:
- Open-angular glaucoma
- Angle-closure glaucoma
Who gets glaucoma?
You’re more likely to get it if you:
- Are of African-American, Irish, Russian, Japanese, Hispanic, Inuit, or Scandinavian descent
- Above 40 years of age
- Have a family history of glaucoma
- Have poor vision
- Have diabetes
- Take certain steroid medication
- Have had trauma to the eye or eyes
It may also be caused by
- An Injury to the eye
- Blocked blood vessels
- Inflammatory disorder of the eye
Top 10 eye hospitals in India:
- P. center for ophthalmic sciences- AIIMS, New Delhi
- Shroff eye hospital, new Delhi
- V. Prasad eye hospital, Hyderabad
- Sankar Netralaya, Chennai
- Aravind eye hospital, Madurai
- Vasan eye care, Chennai
- National institute of ophthalmology(NIO), Pune
- Disha eye hospital, Kolkata
- Lotus eye hospital, Coimbatore
- Agarwal eye hospital, Chennai
To know more about these eye care hospitals and to have appointments with the best surgeons log onto www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at+ 918010555444. We will help you find the right option.
Dr. Piyush Borkhatariya is board certified dermatologist and cosmetologist of India. He has completed his MD (skin) and V.D. from the most prestigious institute, Smt. N.H.L. medical college, V.S. hospital Ahmedabad.
His practice is regarded as destination for excellence in total skin and hair aesthetics and wellness. His approach to medical dermatology and cosmetology ensures successful outcomes, specially tailored to patients’ total well-being. “We employ innovative FDA approved medical solutions customized to your needs to help you achieve a healthy, youthful looking appearance.”
Dr. Piyush says.
- Advance Treatments for Acne and Acne Scars
- Treatments for Hairfall
- Hair Regrowth
- Hair Transplantation
- Peeling therapy for Acne, Acne Scars and Post Acne Black spots
- Back Shining and Bridal Treatment
- Skin whitening and under eye circle treatment
- Facial Glow, Natural Beauty and Skin rejuvenation Treatment
- Instant Glow Peel
- Anti aging Therapy
- Laser Hair Removal – Face
- Sun damage Treatments
- Wrinkles and Freckles Treatments
- Contagious and Non-Contagious Treatment
- Mole and Corn Treatment
- Skin Tag and Freckles Treatment
- Skin Tightening Botox Injections Cryotherapy Treatment
- White Patches Treatment
You can book an instant appointment with Dr. Piyush Borkhatariya on freedoctorhelpline.com
Its time for the summer vacations when your kids and family wait to travel around the city or outside the town. Most of you must have already planned up their outdoor vacations to enjoy the summers and make best possible use of their holiday time. The vacation can be a beach or can be some other open area where your kids can play and enjoy amply. And who doesn’t enjoy that? However, if we do not take precautions then the outcome of this generous fun and enjoyment may all in the summer outside may be a cause of sunburn and tanning.
What is Tan or tanning?
Tan or tanning is a natural process that occurs when you come in touch with the sun rays and expose your skin to the sun for a certain period. Tanning can affect any part of your body that is exposed to the sun, it may affect your face, your hands, legs, neck or any uncovered area. Tan or suntan is the mechanism of the skin to protect itself from the harmful UV (ultraviolet) rays that are emitted from the sun. During the process, the skin tends to increase its production level of melanin to protect the skin from any further damage. This increase in the melanin darkens your skin tone due to the exposure.
How to remove tan at home?
To get rid of the tan, most of the time we tend to incline towards trying different sorts of over the counter medications and try various fairness creams that are easily available in the markets today to have a fairer skin that has been affected by the tanning. However, it may be noted that apart from the cosmetic options, there are several natural ways as well to treat suntan effectively and fast. Few of the natural and safe remedies for staying tan-free are given below:
- Go for a cool shower and bath immediately to make your skin cool and minimize the acuteness of your sunburn.
- Apply fresh coconut water on the tanning affected areas and leave it for at least 30 minutes and then rinse it off with cold water to uncover a natural fairer skin. Virgin coconut oils will also help.
- Apply a combination of yogurt with equal portions of fresh tomato juice to the affected areas, leave it for around 30 minutes, and wash with normal cold water.
- Applying the orange juice on the affected parts with the same process also works well for the suntan.
- Blend around half of a cucumber with equal portions of yogurt, sandalwood powder, and a few drops of rose-water to form a paste. Apply this paste on the affected areas and leave it dry. Later rinse it off with clean water.
- Applying a mixture of lemon and honey may also help.
- Similarly, applying a mixture of chicken or gram flour, lemon, pinches of turmeric powder, and a few drops of raw milk is also very effective.
- Applying Aloe Vera gel and a deep moisture is another quick remedy to get a tan-free skin which also makes your skin fairer very fast.
- Keep your skin hydrated by drinking ample amount of water and other fluids.
Continuous, prolonged or overexposure to the sun may harm your skin and affect it so that it tends to age earlier and rapidly. It also roughens your skin and makes them dry and wrinkled over the period. Any type of sunburn can harm your skin and cause damage to the exposed areas. Treating the effects of sunburns and removing the tanning may take some time and maybe a bit tough. Therefore, it is always recommended to prepare yourself in advance and stay tan-free with much comfort.
Creatinine is an excretory product formed from muscles and filtered out through kidneys and passed out in urine. The normal level of blood creatinine is 0.6 to 1.2 milligram per 100 ml of blood. When the kidneys do not function properly, the blood creatinine level rises. Patients with diabetes or hypertension have greater chance of Read More
Stroke or a brain attack is a condition that occurs when there is inadequate blood supply to the brain. Due to decreased blood flow and lack of oxygen in the brain, the brain cells begin to die off eventually. Stroke can be classified into 2 main categories: Due to blockage of blood flow: Ischemic stroke, Read More
High blood sugars and diabetes are very common problems today. Around 1 in every 3 persons is found showing the signs of high blood sugar level. The test results of your blood sugar will help you to identify whether or not you are suffering from the risks of high blood sugar. Generally, high blood sugar Read More
What is a Cough? Coughing is a natural reflex of the body which can be likened to clearing one’s throat, but the problem is that unlike clearing the throat, it cannot be controlled neither that it be stopped from happening Although it is a simple ailment, people visit physicians because of the irritating symptoms. A Read More
What is Skin Pigmentation?
Skin Pigmentation is just the regular shade of the skin. The reason individuals have distinctive skin shading and shade is a direct result of melanocytes which are the cells that are in charge of the generation of melanin. Melanin is the shade that is in charge of giving the skin, hair and eyes their shading. It additionally assists with the control of warmth, shields the body from UV radiation and gives corrective variety. The elements that influence the sum and circulation of melanin are hereditary qualities, endocrine framework and the earth.
What are Skin Pigmentation Disorders?
Skin pigmentation issue adjusts the shade of the skin. This is caused by harm or variation from the norm of the cells that make melanin. Pigmentation issue can influence the entire body or just fixes of skin. On the off chance that the body creates excessively melanin, the skin winds up darker like on account of pregnancy and sun presentation. On the off chance that it makes too little melanin, the skin winds up lighter like on account of vitiligo.
What are the Causes of Skin Pigmentation Disorders?
There is still no reasonable clarification of why skin color issue happen. Be that as it may, some skin color issue like albinism has a specific reason; it is an acquired latent quality. Hypopigmentation spots in association with vitiligo can be because of damage like a cut. Studies show that the light fixes of vitiligo don’t contain melanocytes, which are in charge of making melanin. A few specialists trust that vitiligo might be an immediate aftereffect of an immune system scatter. It has even been connected to conditions like Addison’s ailment and hyperthyroidism, which are associated with the adrenal organ.
Skin Hyperpigmentation can be caused by a scope of variables like poor nourishment and damage. There is even a mental disorder that makes a habitual need scratch which results to dim, rugged skin. The cover from melasma might be because of fluctuating hormone levels however it generally vanishes after the lady conceives an offspring.
Skin Pigmentation Disorder Symptoms and Signs
The side effects and indications of skin pigmentation issue are either obscuring or helping of the skin. It can influence the entire body or simply certain zones.
How is Skin Pigmentation Disorder Diagnosed?
There are distinctive analytic tests for particular skin pigmentation issue. Be that as it may, specialists and dermatologists can ordinarily analyze skin pigmentation issue through physical examination and by taking a careful medical history of the patient. For vitiligo, a visual exam is generally all that is required for determination. Other skin pigmentation issue may require blood tests and eye exams. For conditions like a skin disease or lichen simplex chronicus, a biopsy might be directed to think about the skin under a magnifying lens. A few doctors additionally utilize a dark light test, wood’s light or different gadgets to analyze a skin condition.
Treatment For Skin Pigmentation Disorders?
There are particular medicines for various skin pigmentation issue. For Albinism, patients are encouraged to conceal, utilize sunscreen and however much as could be expected to keep away from sun introduction with a specific end goal to anticipate skin disease. They likewise need to wear defensive eyewear or potentially remedy remedial focal points. For visual impedances, the medical procedure might be required.
For Vitiligo, patients are recommended a blend of photosensitive pharmaceuticals and bright light treatment to obscure light spots. In the event that the patient has de-pigmented patches that influence the greater part of the body, skin fading operators like monobenzone might be utilized for a more uniform appearance of the skin. There are additionally restorative concealers that can be utilized however skin uniting is another alternative.
For Hyperpigmentation issue, there are skin helping creams that can be utilized. Patients are additionally encouraged to dodge the sun. In the event that the issue is associated with poor sustenance, a dietician might be required for guiding. For individuals with lichen simplex chronicus, topical creams, as well as antihistamines, might be endorsed to quit tingling. For pigmentations or moles that are suspicious, specialists may need to carefully evacuate it with a specific end goal to avert skin growth.
Beauty care products can be utilized to quickly level out skin tone and conceal dull or light spots. There are tinted creams, establishment and other corrective items that can be utilized as a brief answer for skin pigmentation issue. There are additionally home cures that are shabby and safe wherein every single regular fixing are utilized for skin pigmentation issues. For instance, lemon can be utilized on dim spots since it is a powerful fading operator. Other regular lighteners incorporate nectar, onion, drain and Aloe Vera. In any case, a few people are delicate to certain normal cures which can result in the bothering of the skin.
Are Skin Pigmentation Disorders Triggered by Diet?
Poor nourishment can be one of the reasons for Hyperpigmentation. There are likewise sure sustenances that are known to quicken skin obscuring. For instance, nourishments like celery, limes and parsnips contain psoralens which assemble on the skin and pull in unsafe bright beams subsequently quickening obscuring of the skin. On the off chance that you have repeating dull spots on the face or neck, there is a plausibility that it is associated with such sustenances. Devouring these sustenances may not by any means uncover the skin yet contact with the skin surely can. Skin obscuring can likewise be caused by caffeine however just when devoured in expansive amounts. A solid, very much adjusted eating routine can be useful in counteracting skin pigmentation issue.
Tips to Prevent Skin Pigmentation Disorders
Simple and Affordable Home Remedies to Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation
The distinctive substance peels, over the counter medications or salon medicines, may guarantee to offer speedier outcomes, however, the impact only occasionally keeps going long and in addition to these medicines are very costly. These are similar variables that make the home cures more compelling and the most favoured as well. Likewise, home cures are protected and join the utilization of regular and reasonable fixings.
- Potato confront pack
Potato is known to be a standout amongst the most strong and normal fixings to cure skin pigmentation or to help the imperfections and dull spots. Potato is a rich wellspring of Vitamin C, riboflavin and iron. This rich vegetable even contains the chemical catecholase, which helps in helping the skin tone.
- Tomato, Oatmeal and Yogurt Face Mask
Tomatoes are wealthy in lycopene, which shields the skin from hurtful bright beams of the sun, in this manner shields the skin from pigmentation.
The grainy surface of oats can be utilized as a characteristic cleaning operator, which will bring about lighter and brighter skin tone.
Yoghurt is wealthy in lactic corrosive, which is again a characteristic fading operator and aides in helping the skin tone.
- Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanser
Apple juice vinegar contains astringent properties, which helps in helping the skin tone and additionally decreases the dim patches and pigmentation.
Rules and Regulations of Skin Pigmentation
- Anticipate Skin Pigmentation Disorders
- Do utilize sunscreen every day, notwithstanding amid overcast days since UV beams can enter mists and cause hyperpigmentation.
- Try not to expect that outcomes from skin helping items or different medicines are lasting in light of the fact that hyperpigmentation is a long haul flight that requires support.
- Do utilize protected and viable items that are clinically demonstrated. On the off chance that you are uncertain, get some information about a specific item before utilizing.
- Try not to utilize skin helping items with possibly destructive fixings. Research is critical since there are numerous risky fixings in skin helping items like those that can harm the skin or increment skin malignancy chance.
- On the off chance that you think you are having any skin pigmentation issue, counsel a skincare proficient as quickly as time permits with a specific end goal to decide the reason and get the correct treatment.
- Do take after a solid and very much adjusted eating regimen wealthy in cancer prevention agents and supplements.
Raisins are obtained by drying grapes either in the sun or in driers. On drying, they turn into green, golden or black gems. They are naturally sweet in flavour and are widely used in cooking all over the world especially as dessert toppings. These may be tiny in size but they hold a bunch of nutritional value. The health benefits of raisins are, it aids digestion, treats constipation, improves bone health & increases iron levels in the body. It also helps to treat bloating, anaemia, fever, & erectile dysfunction. Raisins also have a positive impact on the eyes, hair, dental, heart, and bone health. It also helps in healthy weight gain.
Raisins are considered as dry fruits that boost energy that is added to health tonics, snacks, and high energy food supplements for backpackers, campers, and mountaineers. Raisins are high in calories and it is recommended that you eat ¼ cup of raisins a day.
THE HIDDEN NUTRITIONAL VALUE:
Raisins are rich in antioxidants and vitamins like riboflavin, niacin,thiamin, and vitamin C, K, and B6. It is also high in sugar and calories. It contains minerals like magnesium, potassium, calcium, iron, phosphorus, and boron. A ¼ cup of raisins is said to have 4% proteins, 1% fat & 95% carbohydrates.
POWERFUL HEALTH BENEFITS OF RAISINS:
- Relieve Constipation: Raisins are rich in fibre (insoluble fibre) which absorbs all the water and natural fluids in the body. This adds bulk to the food moving through the intestinal tract. This ultimately provides relief from constipation.
- Promotes Weight Gain: They are rich sources of fructose & glucose and thus helps weight gain in a healthy way. It forms an ideal part of the diet for bodybuilders and athletes who require boosts of energy. It can be consumed by those who want to gain weight without accumulating unhealthy cholesterol.
- Treats erectile Dysfunction: It has been a custom in India to make the bride and the groom drink a glass of milk boiled with raisin & a pinch of saffron on their wedding. Any idea why this custom is been followed for years and years? Here it is. Raisins have been known to stimulate libido and thereby induce arousal. This is because it contains an amino acid called arginine which helps to treat erectile dysfunction. Raisins have the ability to increase sperm count. Consuming these dry fruits on a daily basis helps in sexual endurance.
- Aids Digestion: The fibres present in raisins help to flush out the toxins and harmful materials from the digestive tract. This prevents bacterial growth, intestinal diseases & difficulty in bloating.
- Prevents Cancer: Catechin is polyphenols antioxidants that are present in the blood which removes the free radicals present in the body. These free radicals are the underlying reasons for the spontaneous growth of cancerous cells. Raisins are rich in high levels of catechins that removes free radicals thereby preventing cancer. The fiber content in the raisins also promotes the excretion of bile from the body which also flushes out the toxins that cause cancer.
- Reduce Hypertension: The hight amount of potassium in raisins play a very important role in reducing hypertension. Potassium is mineral that reduces the tension of blood vessels and also decreases blood pressure. The dietary fibre in raisins also affect the blood vessels in the body and also help to reduce hypertension.
- Dental care: The phytochemical called oleanolic acid present in raisins play a crucial role in protecting your teeth against cavities, decay, and brittleness. It also prevents bacterial growth that is responsible for cavities. The calcium present in raisins helps in strengthening and demineralizing tooth enamels. The boron content in raisins promotes the growth of oral gums thereby ensuring strong teeth. It might be surprising to know that while eating raisins, the longer it gets stuck to the teeth, the better it is, as it increases the preventive powers of bacterial growth.
- Cardiac Health: The high levels of potassium, fibre, boron, polyphenols, antioxidants, and phenolic acids help to burn cholesterol as well as lowers hypertension thereby promoting good cardiac health.
- Controls Diabetes: Raisins have the ability to lower postprandial insulin response. This means raisins have the ability to control the insulin production after the intake of the certain meal which is otherwise dangerous to a diabetic patient. They also help release leptin & ghrelin, the hormones which indicate us that we are hungry.
- Treat Anemia: Raisins are abundant sources of iron which helps treat anaemia. It also contains vitamin B complex that helps in the formation of new blood. The high copper content in raisins also helps in the production of red blood cells.
- Good for Eyes: Raisins are rich in antioxidant-rich polyphenolic phytonutrients that are excellent for ocular health. They protect the eyes from the damages caused by radicals such as macular degeneration, age-related weakening of vision, and cataracts.
- Prevents acidosis: Raisins being rich in potassium & magnesium are a natural remedy for acidosis. Potassium & magnesium help prevent acidosis as they are the common components of antacids and are considered basic on the pH scale. Acidosis is the state of increased acidity of the blood also known as toxicity of the blood. Sometimes the gases in our respiratory system may cause boils, skin damage, damage to the internal organs, & renal calculi. Consuming raisins can help prevent all this.
- Promote bone health: Calcium the important component of our bones is abundantly present in the raisins. Boron, which is required by our body in very small quantities is a very efficient calcium absorber. It helps to prevent menopause induced osteoporosis in women and is very important for the bones and joints. Potassium is another nutrient present in high levels and can help strengthen bones & promote bone growth thereby reducing the chances of osteoporosis.
- Reduce arthritis pain: Raisins have strong anti-inflammatory properties. It helps relieve chronic pain especially arthritis pain. One can either eat the soaked raisins or even drink the soaking water and see a drastic improvement in their health condition.
- Promotes kidney health: The high amount of potassium in raisins help prevent the formation & re-occurrence of kidney stones.
- Treats insomnia: Insomnia trouble may be due to deficiency of iron in your body. The intake of raisins which are rich in iron content can help overcome the iron deficiency. This also ensures good night sleep.
- Increase nutrient uptake: Raisins are rich sources of vitamins, minerals, and amino acids such as phosphorus & selenium. These nutrients are a good absorber of other nutrients and proteins in the body. including this in your diet can help improve your overall energy & strengthen your immune system.
- Improves Liver health: dry fruits are rich in bioflavonoids that protect your body from the free radical activity. Over-night soaked raisins and raisin water act as liver cleansers. The raisin water helps to improve liver health which in turn purifies the blood.
- Rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C : Raisin is rich in anti-oxidants and vitamin C which keep the skin radiant, taut & youthful. It also prevents acne as it has germicidal properties.
- Hair health: The rich amount of vitamin C prevents cell damage. Daily intake of raisins can help hair growth, make it shinier and grow even thicker. The anti-inflammatory property can prevent dandruff, scalp irritation & flakiness
How to store?
Raisins once opened should be stored in the cool & dry area. It can be stored in airtight containers for about 6 months but still retains its flavour, colour & nutritional value. It can also be refrigerated for a year. You can also use it by steaming and boiling it in water for 10 minutes.
Hope these benefits of Raisins makes you add them to your daily dose of nutrition. Have a Healthy Life!
What is an anal fissure? An anal fissure is a tear in the lining of the lower rectum (anal canal) that causes pain during bowel movements. Anal fissures don’t lead to more serious problems. Most anal fissures heal with home treatment after a few days or weeks. These are called short-term (acute) anal fissures. If you have an anal fissure Read More
Thyroid, a pear-shaped gland located just below your neck does many things within your body than you ever knew it does. It can regulate your energy levels, control your weight, makes you mood swing, etc. It regulates how your body interacts with other organs within it. The thyroid gland influences almost all the metabolic processes Read More
What is a joint replacement surgery? A joint is where two or more bones come together, like the knee, hip, and the shoulder. A joint replacement surgery is a surgical procedure where the damaged joint is replaced with the new one. The surgery is often done by the orthopedic surgeon. Sometimes, the surgeon will not Read More
Oral Health and Hygiene is essential for the overall well being of a person. Most people don’t realize the importance of oral health. Teeth are necessary for eating and chewing, without them life gets difficult. Imagine, not being able to eat our favorite food, crunchy fruits, vegetables and all the amazing things out there. It Read More
A Clinical and biochemical syndrome that results from a deficiency in thyroid hormone secretion from thyroid gland or in the action.The disease ranges from subclinical hypothyroidism to primary and secondary hypothyroidism and the extreme medical emergency, myxoedema coma. Is a condition in which your thyroid is not making enough thyroid hormone, specifically triiodothyronine(T3) and thyroxine Read More
WHAT IS CATARACT??
A cataract refers to the clouding of the eye’s natural lens which lies behind the iris and the pupil. It is the principal cause of blindness in the world and is most common in people of age 40 years and above.
There are 3 types of cataract:
- SUBCAPSULAR CATARACT: This type of cataract occurs at the back of the eye. It is most common in people with diabetes or those taking high doses of steroid medication.
- NUCLEAR CATARACT: This type of cataract occurs in the deep central zone of the lens. It occurs due to ageing.
- CORTICAL CATARACT: This type of cataract begins in the periphery of the lens and slowly spreads towards the centre of the lens. It affects the cortex of the lens, which is the part of the lens that surrounds the central zone.
CATARACT- IS IT BECAUSE OF YOUR FAMILY, LIFESTYLE OR JUST BAD KARMA??
Our eye lens works very much like the camera, focusing light onto the retina for clear vision. It also adjusts the eye’s focus enabling us to view the things both close up and far away. The eye lens is made of water and certain other proteins that let light to pass through it. With ageing, some of the protein may clump together and cloud up over a small area. With time, the clouding up becomes larger and larger making it harder to see. This condition is called cataract.
Nobody is pretty sure why the eye lens changes with age resulting in the cataract. Researchers have eventually found out other risk factors that may lead to cataract. Some of which are:
- UV radiation from the sun and other sources
- Medicines used to control cholesterol
- Alcohol consumption
- Family history
There’s no concrete proof on what could reduce the risk of cataract. There is no harm in practising a healthy lifestyle that consists of a diet rich in nutrients, vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and omega 3 fatty acids. Regular exercise and sound sleep also add on to your quality of life.
Though it seems to be terrific, it is something we needn’t worry a lot about! The advancements in the field of medicine have made it possible to cure the patients of cataract with help of surgeries.
Cataract surgery is the process of removing the natural lens of the eye (crystalline lens) which is affected by cataract. During the cataract surgery, the patient’s cloudy lens is removed and is replaced with synthetic lens ensuring lens’s transparency. The synthetic lens replaced is otherwise called as INTRAOCULAR LENS (IOL). The cataract surgery is performed by an ophthalmologist.
There is two commonly preferred type of surgery for cataract. They are:
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO PERFORM A CATARACT?
If it is an uncomplicated surgery, then it will not take more than 10 minutes. Since the patient will be given anaesthetic while performing the surgery, it might take about 30 minutes to recover from the sedation.
RISKS AND COMPLICATIONS OF THE SURGERY:
A person suffering from cataract alone may not have many complications, but those who have other eye conditions such as uveitis, high myopia (severe short-sightedness). Less than 10% of the people have greater chances of developing PCO, within two to three years after the cataract surgery.
POSTERIOR CAPSULE OPACIFICATION (PCO): it is the condition in which the lens capsule thickens thereby causing cloudy vision. This isn’t the cataract developing again, it is the skin or membrane growing over the artificial lens
Other complications are less common but to list a few, they are:
During the operation:
- inability to remove all of the cataracts
- tearing of the lens capsule
- bleeding inside the eye
- a bit of the cataract dropping into the back of the eye
- damage to other parts of the eye, such as the transparent outer layer of the eye (cornea)
After the operation:
- swelling or inflammation of the eye
- swelling and redness (inflammation) in the eye
- swelling of the retina- where the fluid builds up between the layers of the retina at the back of the eye. This may sometimes affect the vision.
- Swelling of the cornea- where the fluid builds up in the corner at the front of the eye; it usually clears itself.
- retinal detachment – a rare complication where the retina (the layer of nerve cells inside the back of the eye) becomes separated from the inner wall of the eye
- infection in the eye – such as endophthalmitis (a rare bacterial infection)
It is important to seek medical advice if you experience any increasing pain in the eye or loss of vision or redness after the surgery. It is possible to treat these complications with further surgery.
There is also a small risk of around 1 in 1000 may experience permanent damage to the eye resulting in loss of vision. However, the majority of the people lead a happy life with improved vision after the surgery.
Stroke or a brain attack is a condition that occurs when there is inadequate blood supply to the brain. Due to decreased blood flow and lack of oxygen in the brain, the brain cells begin to die off eventually. Stroke can be classified into 2 main categories: Due to blockage of blood flow: Ischemic stroke, Read More
“The Eye is the mirror of the soul.” Besides showing the true nature of people, the eyes also reveal a lot of secrets about health. There are a few eye diseases that affect us in adverse ways. Some of these occur often and some may occur rarely. Eye issues are caused by refractive blunders that Read More
Raisins are obtained by drying grapes either in the sun or in driers. On drying, they turn into green, golden or black gems. They are naturally sweet in flavour and are widely used in cooking all over the world especially as dessert toppings. These may be tiny in size but they hold a bunch of Read More
Healthy Food you should never eat Every 35 days, your skin replaces itself. Your liver, about a month, your body makes these new cells from the food you eat. What you eat literally becomes you; you have a choice in what you’re made of!!! Fruit Juice – Drinking the concentrated sugars in fruit juice taxes Read More
Contemporary age is the age of challenges, challenges which are in context to one’s education, one’s profession and one’s interpersonal relations. About 800,000 people commit suicide worldwide every year, of these 135,000 (17%) are residents of India, a nation with 17.5% of world population. Between 1987 to 2007, the suicide rate increased from 7.9 to Read More
Flaky skin can occur as a reaction to a number of inflammatory processes or damage to the skin. Sunburn is an example, but other conditions that can cause peeling skin include various forms of dermatitis, eczema, and certain infections. Get yourself examined by a dermatologist for correct diagnosis and treatment. You may consult dermatologist online at free doctor helpline.