A migraine is a severe, painful headache that can be preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound.
The excruciating pain that migraine brings can last for hours or even days. Migraine is a common problem affecting 36 million Americans, about 12% of the population.
What are Migraine Headaches?
The exact cause of migraine headaches is unknown; it is thought to be due to abnormal brain activity causing a temporary alteration in the nerve signals, chemicals and blood flow in the brain.
Migraine headaches can be very debilitating affecting 1 in 4 households in India. They are more common in women than men, and 3% of people have chronic migraines where they experience symptoms for half the month for six months.
What triggers Migraine Headaches?
Some people who suffer from migraines can clearly identify triggers or factors that cause the headaches, but many cannot. Potential migraine triggers include:
- Allergies and allergic reactions
- Bright lights, loud noises, flickering lights, smoky rooms, temperature changes, strong smells and certain odours or perfumes
- Physical or emotional stress, tension, anxiety, depression, excitement
- Physical triggers such as tiredness, jet lag, exercise
- Changes in sleep patterns or irregular sleep
- Smoking or exposure to smoke
- Skipping meals or fasting causing low blood sugar
- Hormonal triggers such as menstrual cycle fluctuations, birth control pills, menopause
- Tension headaches
- Foods containing tyramine (red wine, aged cheese, smoked fish, chicken livers, figs, and some beans), monosodium glutamate (MSG), or nitrates (like bacon, hot dogs and salami)
- Other foods such as chocolate, nuts, peanut butter, avocado, banana, citrus, onions, dairy products and fermented or pickled foods
- Medication such as sleeping tablets, the contraceptive pill, hormone replacement therapy.
Migraine headaches can be severe, debilitating, and uncomfortable. Many treatment options are available, so be patient finding the one or combination that’s best for you. Keep Track of your headaches and symptoms in order to identify migraine triggers. Knowing how to prevent migraines can often be the first step to managing them.
We are all guilty of succumbing to stress. Whether induced by next weekend’s party or an important presentation at work, its effects can be debilitating. But there are ways to keep stress at bay. Anxiety and stress don’t have to prevent you from living and succeeding. The only thing missing in any situation is that Read More
Heart diseases are responsible for millions of deaths in the world. Majority of the deaths can be prevented if only the symptoms are recognized and the problem is diagnosed at correct time. Here 7 major signs that you should never ignore that can help you save lives in future including your own. 7 Major Sign Read More
IVF (In vitro fertilisation) a technique used to fascilitate fertilisation of ova and sperm artificially in laboratory condition to treat infertility. It helps to those parent who are incapable to produce their young once by natural method of reproduction due to infertility problem of either for both parent or for one of the parent. This Read More
Retinal detachment is a disorder of the eye when the retina detaches from the tissue around it. This is a very serious condition of the eye wherein the retina can’t work properly and one may have permanent vision loss if it’s not treated right away. In about 7% of the cases, both the eyes are Read More
When we talk about something that will improve our quality of life, it implies that something which will increase the sense of satisfaction of well being. This is a condition resulting from the combination of the effects of a complete range of factors such as those determining health, happiness, education, social and intellectual attainment, freedom Read More
The stressful lifestyle and improper rest has lead many on the way to headaches. Headaches have become a common problem of the modern times that stems out of a variety of causes. The worst of them being migraine! According to the World Health Organization, it is one of the most disabling conditions worldwide. It is characterized by a throbbing and excruciating pain which is more often than not related to one side of the head and gets worse and can last for up to 72 hours. However, the symptoms change from person to person.
The common migraine symptoms include pounding headache, nausea, vomiting, and light sensitivity. And it is generally treated with anti-nausea drugs and abortive or preventive medications that include pain relievers. And the worst thing is they are recurrent and in such conditions taking painkillers so often can be harmful and can have side effects on the body.
There comes the need of natural home remedies to cure the pain and to avoid the powerful and harmful medicines and antibiotics. Here are 5 best home remedies that are natural and safe and that would take care of the nasty pain as well!
- Apple Cider Vinegar:
An apple a day does keep a doctor away! There’s nothing better than having an apple a day, it is the house of wonder and so is apple cider vinegar. You just need to mix half a cup of apple cider vinegar with half a cup of water and boil it in a covered pan. And then take the steam. This is known to provide instant relief. Else, have an apple with some salt sprinkled over it followed by warm water. Or add one to two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar to a glass of water with honey and lemon juice and drink it once or twice a day!
The wonder herb is also good for headaches as well! Its oil is a known muscle relaxant and is really helpful for headaches. Or you can simmer 3-4 fresh basil leaves in water and drink the tea by adding honey to it. They are really good if chewed or inhaled as steam after boiling it in water.
- Lavender Oil:
Lavender is not merely the sweetest smelling flower it has some beneficial properties hidden as well! Lavender oil can be either inhaled or applied topically. Two to four drops for every two to three cups of boiling water are recommended for inhaling the steam. Unlike many medicinal oils, it can also be safely applied externally without diluting it.
Ginger is like the brand ambassador of headache treatment. And many people are relieved by the ginger tea only! Or mix equal parts of ginger juice and lemon juice and drink it once or twice a day. You can also apply a paste of ginger powder and 2 tablespoons water on your forehead for a few minutes to provide quicker relief. Ginger helps quell the nausea that often accompanies migraines.
- Chamomile tea:
Chamomile tea with honey (optional) is the simplest remedy for headache or migraine headache. It helps ease pain and relax you.
Pain relievers. Aspirin or ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin IB, others) may help relieve mild migraines
There is little evidence to suggest that a stroke is more likely to occur during a migraine attack than at another time. Migraine is common. In some people migraine and stroke appear together but the nature of the causal relationship, if any, is difficult to establish firmly. Migrainous infarction is the term given to an ischaemic stroke occurring during a migraine attack.
You can also check the detailed article on Migraines and best home remedies here: https://www.freedoctorhelpline.com/5-quick-easy-home-remedy-migraine/
HOW TO SOLVE MIGRAINES:
- Trigger Management: If you’re prone to migraines, certain stimuli may bring them on. Track your headaches on a calendar to look for patterns and potential catalysts such as the following.
- Dropping Estrogen Levels: “Before menstruating, women have a steep decline in estrogen that appears to spark migraines,” says Andrew Michael Blumenfeld, MD, director of the Headache Center of Southern California. Low-dose estrogen contraceptives may help.
- Alcohol: If you get a “hangover” after one drink, you may actually be experiencing a migraine. Avoid alcohol that gives you a headache within 8 hours of consumption. “The good news is that this cause tends to be very specific,” Dr. Blumenfeld says. “People may do fine with vodka rather than beer, for instance.”
- Missed Meals: Fluctuations in blood sugar can cause a cascade of escalating pain that sets up your migraine response, so don’t go longer than 3 hours without food. Include a lean protein whenever you eat to help keep glucose levels steady, Dr. Broner says.
- Caffeine: If you regularly consume large amounts of caffeine, you set yourself up for withdrawal headaches, which can stimulate your brain’s migraine centre and turn into migraines. Limit intake to 200 mg a day—that’s roughly one 8-ounce cup of coffee.
- Sleep Disruptions: A 2010 study found that sleep-deprived rats experienced changes in key migraine-related proteins. Play it safe by being consistent about when you go to bed and get up.
- Ice Packs: Always opt for cold rather than heat to stop migraine pain. “Ice is an anti-inflammatory,” says Carolyn Bernstein, MD, clinical director of Harvard Medical Faculty Physicians Comprehensive Headache Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
- Supplements: In a recent study, patients who took 400 mg of riboflavin (vitamin B2) daily experienced significantly fewer migraines after 3 months. CoQ10, another supplement, also proved effective in preventing migraines in a clinical study.
- Relaxation Techniques: Massage can ease neck and shoulder spasms, while tai chi increases body awareness, making it easier to detect and treat an oncoming headache. Yoga that focuses on mindfulness, such as Hatha and restorative yoga, may also help.
- Herbs: New recommendations from the American Academy of Neurology confirm that the herb butterbur can prevent migraines, possibly because it supports healthy blood flow to the brain. Dry-leaf capsules of feverfew may also reduce the frequency of migraines, though the clinical evidence is still inconclusive.
- Acupuncture: Several studies have found that it provides some of the same long-term results as drugs but without side effects. While this efficacy may be partly caused by the placebo effect, the treatment can still provide real relief.
HOW TO SOLVE MIGRAINES: Medical Treatments
- Triptans: Introduced in 1991, these prescription drugs (which include Axert, Relpax, and Imitrex) are formulated to stop migraines. They affect almost every migraine-causing mechanism, but they may sometimes cause rebound headaches.
- Beta-blockers/Anti-hypertensives: Intended to treat high blood pressure, angina, and fast heartbeats, these drugs, which include propranolol, metoprolol, and timolol, are also used to prevent migraines because they are thought to affect relevant blood vessels. They have few side effects but can sometimes result in dangerous heart-rate drops.
- Antiseizure Medications: For some migraine sufferers, prescription drugs to stop seizures (such as topiramate and valproic acid) also reduce migraine frequency by at least 50%, possibly because they inhibit some neurotransmitters. But they can cause adverse side effects, such as confusion and drowsiness.
- Anti-depressants: Tricyclics and SSRIs have been shown to be effective in treating migraines. Researchers say this is because some migraine attacks are characterized by abnormal levels of serotonin, which the drugs work to balance. But they’re not usually advised if you don’t need treatment for depression.
- Botox: Approved by the FDA in 2010, Botox injections to treat chronic migraines are a clinically proven preventive. A treatment involves about 31 shots, given about every 12 weeks. Side effects are rare.
I get frequent migraine attacks. Can you please guide me through the solution?
What about migraine and risk of stroke and heart attack?
Would you please Suggest me a medicine for migraine ?
Sometimes I have intense headaches when I\’m traveling in air conditioned vehicles, or when some loud(even when not too loud) music, or even a movie or any kind of sound is being played in the vicinity(my room or nearby outside). Never had any history of migraines.
The lemonade diet detox, also known as the master cleanse or the maple syrup diet is a diet which shows drastic weight loss in about 2 weeks. In the modern hectic era, it has become quite common among the people who adopt some ways for quick weight loss. Their emphasis is only on reducing weight in a short span of time. They fail to think of the consequences. The lemonade diet detox is popular and effective among the fad diets. It is not very popular dieting method but it is widely practised by Hollywood celebrities. It gained popularity when the actor & the Grammy-winning singer Beyonce, lost about 20 pounds in 2 weeks.
It works as cleansing agent & detoxifies the whole body and so is the name “the master cleanse”. It is the only known effective diet plan which is easy as well s less time-consuming.
What is a lemonade diet?
The lemonade detox drink has 4 main ingredients – fresh lemon juice, maple syrup, cayenne & pure water. This is the best-suited diet to shed extra weight and to remove the accumulated toxins from the body.
Why should one opt for a lemon detox diet?
It is a 14 days diet plan during which you are not allowed to eat any solid food. No food is to be consumed during the diet course as it minimizes the effect of lemonade detox drink in your body. All you can have is the lemon prepared detox drink as the breakfast, lunch, dinner & snacks for 2 weeks.
It eliminates the free radicals and other toxins present in your body, clears the digestive tract, eliminates excess fat, nourishes your body, increases metabolism rates and provides energy.
How does lemonade work for weight loss?
When you have decided to take up this diet then you should definitely do away with any kind of solid foods. Individuals on the diet should consume at least 500 to 600 calories every day. The intake of low-calorie liquid for about 2 weeks will help your body use the fat cells as an energy source for performing the necessary functions. This helps in burning the calories and result in weight loss.
How does lemonade diet work for cleansing?
The main ingredient of this diet is lemon which is an excellent source of vitamin C and acts as an antioxidant. This antioxidant helps to remove the free radicals that cause damage to the cell structure. This may lead to many diseases like heart attack, stroke, hearing impairments, and other heart diseases.
Maple syrup which is another main ingredient is a rich source of manganese which is helpful for normal nerve & brain function. It also helps to produce energy and improve the cell functions. It is also rich in zinc which boosts the immune system and the potassium & calcium present in it prevents stroke and heart diseases.
The water present keeps your body hydrated and helps to flush out the toxins present in your body. it also improves cell turgidity.
How to prepare lemonade detox drink?
What to and what not to consume during the lemonade diet?
- Fruits like apple, orange, grapes, kiwi, watermelon & muskmelon are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, ripe mango, apricot, papaya, dates are to be avoided.
- Vegetables like carrot, beetroot, capsicum, tomato, beans, broccoli, cabbage, onions, lettuce & gourds are recommended during the diet course. On the other hand, pumpkin & potato are to be avoided.
- Protein-rich food like sprouts, fish, chicken, turkey can be eaten. Beef & pork are to be avoided.
What is the role of exercise when on lemonade diet?
The lemonade diet provided 600 to 700 calories per day. It is better to avoid vigorous exercises during this period as your body may not have sufficient energy to support it. Chances are more than you may feel weak & fatigue. However, one can do yoga and other stretching exercises that will improve blood circulation.
You may also like: Reasons You Should Drink Sugarcane Juice This Summer
The secret behind the lemonade diet!
The best part of the lemonade diet is that you get a slim body so quickly and also end up getting a gorgeous skin. When you consume low-calorie diet your body will not have sufficient energy to perform its daily activities. Eventually, it starts using up the stored fat to perform various functions.
Benefits of lemonade diet:
The lemonade diet program enables the body to balance its elements and maintain the optimum weight. The weight loss is only a secondary effect the main result of this diet plan is the detoxification of the organs in the body. During the course, the body sheds its fat deposits. In the course of this purification, the skin & the hair gets rejuvenated. The lemon juice and cayenne pepper flushes out all the toxins in the body and also cleanses the lymphatic system of toxins. The maple syrup contains all the necessary nutrients that your body requires during this period.
Side effects of lemonade diet:
- This diet may make you feel weak and fatigue.
- It might weaken your immune system
- You might experience mood swings and might find it hard to concentrate
- It might slow down the metabolism of the body
- If followed for a longer period it might lead to weight gain.
Do’s & Don’ts:
The lemonade diet plan is an amazing diet plan for 10 days. A person on this healthy diet might take few days to recover from fatigue, nausea, weakness & lightheadedness. It is better to include fruits and vegetables in your diet to recover from these quite sooner. This will bring your body back to the normal digestive cycle. If you are looking for a quick-fix safe solution for your weight loss problems, lemonade diet is the best solution.
X-ray Introduction: X rays are the electromagnetic radiation of high energy, means they have high frequency and less wavelength, they have high penetration power, they can cross thick aluminium foil. It was discovered by Wilhelm Conrad Roentgen in 1895 when he was working with cathode ray tube. Study of X-ray is known as radiology. Production Read More
Food poisoning is an intense gastro-enteritis caused by the ingestion of the food or drinks sullied with either living microscopic organisms or their poisons or inorganic synthetic substances and toxic substance conveyed from the plants and creatures. Food poisoning results when you eat food contaminated with bacteria or other pathogens such as parasites or viruses. Read More
Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well being. It is not merely the absence of disease or infirmity. Health has three dimensions- Mental; Physical: and social. It is a condition that allows us to adjust well to our environment and derive maximum benefit from it and use that benefit for his/her Read More
Here is something unusual! I’m pretty sure you must not be familiar with this! Have you heard of hypervolemia? Here in this article, you will get to know a lot about it. Come on a read through it and you will be amazed to know what it is! Hypervolemia is a condition in which there Read More
seven recommended anti aging skin care ingredients We realize that giving your skin the correct fixings it needs is vitally important. Doing as such means your skin can be radiant, seem more youthful and smoother, and you’ll see less scarce differences in addition to decreased wrinkles and profound lines. Keeping in mind the end goal Read More