We do not suspect any serious heart ailment at the age of 15 years. Most likely this is due to gas or acidity. If such episodes repeat frequently, get yourself checked by a doctor.
Pericardial Effusion – the fluid around the heart, is a clinical problem that is caused when an unusual accumulation of that fluid takes place in the pericardial cavity. A condition when there occurs some inflammation in the sac, then those inflammations of the sac are termed as pericarditis. This condition of pericarditis gives rise to an effusion. The quantity of fluid production increases with an increase of this inflammation. One of the main cause of this inflammation to occur is found to be the presence of viral infections in the body.
Every heart has a sac around it which forms a very important part of the cardio system. This sac is known as the pericardium. The main function of this sac is to protect and shield our heart from other body structures which normally surrounds the heart. Further, this sac has a very small amount of fluid present in them that is evenly spread across the entire heart. In case the fluid present within the sac accumulates abnormally or it exceeds the normal levels, then that situation generally leads to this problem of pericardial effusion.
The fluid around the heart is spread across as a thin layer, evenly throughout the heart. This fluid that surrounds the heart is known as a pericardial fluid. Normally, a very small amount of this accumulated fluid is present inside the sac. Basically, this fluid acts and serves as a lubricating agent or as a lubricant for the proper functioning of the heart. It allows the heart to pump and function properly. It also allows it to turn, stretch and perform with minimal friction.
Most of the times, pericardial effusions are not so dangerous, but at times it may make the heart perform low and work poorly. The sac around your heart, called as pericardium, is a tough covering, although a thin lined layer. Whenever the heart beats, it tends to slide along within it smoothly and easily in normal conditions. A small amount of clear pericardial fluid is already present in between the two layers of the sac which helps in the movement of the heart inside the sac layers. Generally, 15 to 50 ml of the fluid amount is considered to be a normal level for the pericardial fluid. However, a 100m ml of fluid is or 2-3 tablespoons of fluid is normally considered as a small amount of fluid. And a very high accumulation of fluid refers to normally more than 2 litres present inside the same sac, thus causing an inflammation.
The pericardial cavity has a very limited space for storing any fluid or materials inside it. And this is one the major reasons why the higher amount of fluid accumulation in the cavity starts emitting a pressure on the heart and thus affecting the overall heart functions to perform negatively.
An unbalanced equilibrium of the production and absorption of the pericardial fluid which gives a way for entering of the fluid into the pericardial cavity leads to the condition of pericardial effusion. The pericardial fluid is pale yellow in colour. This fluid helps is responsible for balancing the equilibrium of the frictions between the heart functions and movements. Now, if you will ask if the fluid around the heart is dangerous or not, then certainly the answer would be that it may be yes and it may also be no. This certainly depends on the level and type of the medical issue and concerns associated with this problem.
It is recommended that you immediately refer to your doctor as soon as you feel that your chest pain is lasting for some duration, or more than minutes. Similarly, seek a doctor help if you face any problem in the breathing like if f you feel difficulty in breathing or find it painful to breathe. Also, if you anytime tend to faint due to any unexplained reasons then that is also another call when you may plan an emergency and seek for medical help immediately because it may be due to pericardial effusion.
Pericardial Effusion Treatment | Fluid Around Heart Diagnosis:
- Treatment of pericardial effusion depends on the associated cause and severity of the problem.
- Ultrasound scans are done to assess the pericardial effusion. That ultrasound of the heart is medically known as the echocardiogram. An echocardiogram helps in quantifying the amount of fluid that is present around the heart.
- CT scans also help in determining the fluid levels. Pericardial effusion can mostly be detected through a CT scan, and it can determine the quantity of excess fluid surrounding the heart.
- An echocardiogram is more effective most of the time as compared to CT scans because echocardiogram tells us how the effusion is actually upsetting and affecting the heart and its regular functions.
- Pericardial effusion may get even worse if you try to breathe deeply or if you take deep breaths.
- However, you will feel much better if you lean your body forward.
- In some cases, few pericardial effusions remain small in size and don’t enlarge. In this case, treatment may not be required.
- Smaller pericardial effusion which doesn’t generally tend to show any form of symptom or signs of the effusion is normally due to some known reasons and cause, and therefore require no special treatment as such.
- However, if the infections are serious or when the inflammations are high, or when the fluid accumulations are large, or any type of impairments exist in the heart, then it needs to be treated wisely and effectively.
- Taking prescribed medications may also help to recover the cause. It all depends on case to case basis and depends on the cause of the root problem. However, it is one option as well. Medications are also prescribed in most of the cases.
- All extra fluids need to be drained by the surgeon, a specialist, or your doctor.
- The drainage tube in some cases may have to be left intact for few days.
- Draining of the fluid may most probably be done by the help of a needle that will be inserted from the walls of your chest and inserted deep into your pericardial space.
- In few of the cases, drainage of fluids may also require surgical methods. The process of surgical drainage is done by making a window by cutting through the pericardium.
The excess fluid that gets drained out is generally not a big in quantity, and many times patients may get surprised to see that such a minute quantity of that fluid had caused such a big and life-threatening problem to the person. However, it is actually true that balancing and maintaining the desired levels of the fluid quantity limit is very important.
The presence of pericardial effusion in your heart tends to normally put some amount of pressure in your heart, thereby affecting the functioning of the heart. Left untreated, the condition of pericardial effusion may even lead to severe problems which may be very dangerous and sorrowful. It may lead to a complete failure of your or may even take away the life and lead to death. It may be due to a result of the poor or improper circulation of blood and an insufficient supply of the required oxygen into your body. It may at times be life-threatening and therefore there is a need to take proper safety and precautions by seeking medical help and be attentive whenever you face any medical urgency.
It is a fact that many of the effusions are not so harmful, but still, at times it may tend to harm the functioning of your heart. Obviously, there are reasons why inflammations and effusion occur or why fluid gets accumulated in your cardiac parts. Problems may be raised if the accumulation of fluid exceeds the desired limit, which also affects the overall blood supply of the body.
What is medical tourism? It can be defined as the process of traveling outside the country of residence for the purpose of receiving medical care. Initially, it referred to the travel of patients from less-developing countries to the developed nations for the purpose of undergoing treatments that are not available in their homeland. Nowadays Read More
Dengue is the vector-borne viral infection, regarded as a severe public health problem. It is transmitted by the mosquito Aedes aegypti. Dengue is considered as the major public health concern due to increase in the frequency of dengue fever over past three decades. Every year about 390 million dengue infections are reported where 70% of 96 Read More
AIDS- acquired immune deficiency syndrome is a syndrome caused by a virus called as HIV – human immunodeficiency virus. This virus alters the immune system thereby making people the people more vulnerable to diseases and infections. The HIV virus is found throughout the body tissues but it gets transmitted through the body fluids (semen, vaginal Read More
The Sexual Dysfunction is basically referred to as the problem that prevents an individual or the couple from experiencing sexual activity. This may arise during any phase of the sexual response cycle. This can eventually cause strain in your relationship with your partner and is medically referred to as female sexual dysfunction. This can occur Read More
A migraine is a severe, painful headache that can be preceded or accompanied by sensory warning signs such as flashes of light, blind spots, tingling in the arms and legs, nausea, vomiting, and increased sensitivity to light and sound. The excruciating pain that migraine brings can last for hours or even days. Migraine is a Read More
As your doctor has already checked and found no serious concern, you can do regular exercise without any serious concern.
Heart attack or myocardial infarction usually occurs when the smooth flow of blood to the heart is blocked, by a build-up of fat. When the flow of blood is blocked the tissues lose oxygen and dies.Heart attack also happens to women and can be identified through certain symptoms.
Symptoms of Heart Attack:
Unusual fatigue can be one of the signs of heart attacks. Some women feel tired, at times even if they’ve been sitting still for a while. One must pay attention to fatigue and should watch out if it’s new or dramatic.
- Does simple activity like walking to the bathroom make you feel exhausted?
- Do you experience sleep disturbances even if you’re dead tired?
- Do you feel completely worn out after your regular exercise routine.
2. Stomach pain:
Most of the time people mistake stomach pain with flu, stomach ulcer, heartburn.
- Stomach pain can also cause in the middle of the upper abdomen.
- The pain in the upper abdomen can be more like discomfort or heaviness rather than stabbing pain. It can also occur with or without pain.
- The pain of a heart attack can also occur in epigastric area, like heartburn.
3.Shortness of breath & sweating:
Shortness of breath is caused by the increase in weight and also because of the lack of exercise. There are certain symptoms-
- Without exertion, you’ll start sweating or will have a breathing problem.
- Shortness of breath can also cause chest pain or fatigue.
- Women can feel shortness of breath while lying down but it eases when they are sitting upright.
- Sweating can also occur. Excessive sweating without any reason is a common symptom.
This type of pain is one of the most common heart attack symptoms
- Chest pain may differ in both men and women.
- It can be characterized by a sense of fullness, heaviness, squeezing or pressure on the chest.
- The pain can last for few minutes or it can also return.
- This discomfort can also spread down to the back or arms or to the neck and head.
5.Neck and Back pain:
These kinds of pains are more common in women than in men.
- Neck pain can differ and people also misinterpret it at times.
- Neck pain can also lead to back pain, the pain either be gradual or sudden or recurrent.
- Jaw pain can also be the result of neck pain.
If you’re feeling anxious, make a note of it.
- Heart attack patients have said that at times they feel that something is wrong or weird.
- They stress about everything and start feeling anxious.
7.Feeling Dizzy or lightheaded:
This is one of the most common symptoms of heart attack in women.
- You start shaking for no reason.
- Feeling faint from shortness of breath and start sweating.
If you notice any of the above symptoms consult your doctor and take necessary steps. Make a note of the symptoms and explain it to your doctor. Don’t ignore any signs or symptoms.
Heart diseases are responsible for millions of deaths in the world. Majority of the deaths can be prevented if only the symptoms are recognized and the problem is diagnosed at correct time. Here 7 major signs that you should never ignore that can help you save lives in future including your own.
7 Major Sign of Heart Diseases:
1. Chest pains and discomfort
2. Dizziness and fainting
3. Shortness of breath and sleeping troubles
4. Excessive sweating
6. Abdominal pain
7. Cough that doesn’t go away
Natural remedies and therapy for kidney stones or kidney stones are created of concrete or aggregations of crystals of dissolved minerals in the kidneys in urine formed. Kidney stones are a typical trigger of blood in the urine and often severe discomfort in the abdomen, flanks, or groin. Renal colic with nausea and vomiting related to Read More
Symptoms and treatment of kidney cancer kidney cancer is an illness of the kidneys, the organs commence curly reddish brown about the size of a small fist, over and above the waist on both sides spine. Kidney cancer is identified in cells of the kidney. They are closer to the back of the body, as Read More
Therapy compared to a cysts on the sex glands should always be ready for application of biological methods
Therapy about a sexual gland cysts should usually be ready to use organic techniques Write-up Therapy Cysts on the sex glands may be straightforward or too intense in terms of size and condition of the cysts. These sorts of the tumor are not an imminent danger to life once a lady, but huge cysts and sorts of Read More
Causes of Stress Stress Effects on a human body What Experts Say About Stress How to Overcome From Stress Easy and simple way to overcome from Stress / Depression
What is OCD?? OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) is a psychological wellness condition that revolves around crippling obsessions or impulse, troubling activities, and monotonous musings. A 2001 World Health Organization (WHO) psychological wellness report evaluated that OCD was among the main 20 reasons for sickness related incapacity worldwide for individuals matured 15 to 44 years. The Read More
Get an allergy panel test and Blood IG E test to diagnose it correctly
Hole in heart valve is a congenital defect which makes pure and impure blood get mixed. This might lead to poor development, breathlessness and letharginess. This can be surgically corrected. Please consult a paediatric cardiosurgeon and get the surgery done at earliest so as to ensure proper development of the child.
“It’s better to have it treated when it’s treatable than to wait until it gets out of hand and is possibly life-threatening,” said Dr. Gary R. Hartwell, the president of the American Association of Endodontists.I think what Dr. Hartwell wanted to state is that if any infection left untreated, in future it may cause a toll on your overall health. As it has been seen that one or more focal infection in our body can lead or promote to various chronic degenerative diseases.
Researchers have found that gum disease have a strong association with heart diseases as the gum diseases increases the risk of heart attack by as much as 25 percent, and the risk of stroke by a factor of 10.You may find it strange that how can my tooth ache can lead to my heart ache?But it’s like an alarming statement which should not be neglected. Plaque-a thick colourless adhesive layer formed on teeth is the reservoir of gram negative bacteria. And this microbial plaque causes dental caries and periodontal diseases.Studies have shown that both dental caries and periodontal diseases initiates the inflammatory process which act as a risk factor for cardiac diseases.
Is infection only in my teeth or my heart is also getting affected?
The subgingival biofilm is constitute of enormous bacterial load and initiates inflammatory reactions which stresses immunity. American Heart Institution states that too much inflammatory actions weakens the heart,causes plaque formation of arteries. Due to this the risk of stroke will be elevated. In a study by S.Al Mubarak periodontitis causes the atheroma progression by stimulating liver to produce C -reactive proteins (a marker of inflammation process).It is a hyperinflammatory monocytic activity which increases the risk of cardiac diseases.
Other oral infection which aggravates the cardiac mortality is periapical abscess.
It is a root tip infection usually happen when deep caries left untreated.The most common choice of treatment for periapical abscess is root canal treatment.But in reality, root canal treatments never completely sterilizes the pulp tissue, as there is always some remnants of bacteria present in dentinal tubules,accessory canals and pulp tissues. Now these bacteria travel in blood and causes transient bacteremia.Patients with the risk of endocarditis may have this bacterial lodge in the compromised tissue, promoting significant infection deep in heart that can result in massive heart damage.
What is going around the world
The New York Times published a data extracted from the Journal of Endodontics on the morbidity rate of dental emergencies with major focus on periapical abscess and results are upsetting.A study from Finland states that the poor oral hygiene can hurt your heart. In a study, researchers have found that patients who underwent root canal treatment are more likely to have acute coronary syndrome.
Last note from us!
You cannot afford to keep your gum diseases left untreated as it is a serious health issue which should be manage quickly and effectively.And to keep your heart healthy one should keep his/her teeth healthy.
Due to several blockages, the doctor might suggest stent implant or bypass surgery. The procedure should be done on immediate basis to avoid further damage to heart.
Hi Doctors ,
Need your advice on urgent basis as my father in law is having blockage and below are the report as per ANGIOGRAPHY :-
LAD – Long Segment Tubular Proximal Lesion 70-80% , PLAQUING in mid part.
D1 – Ostioproximal D1 80%
LCX – Non Dominant , proximal 80-90% long segment lesion , Mid 80% disease , diffuse disease distally
OM 1 – Proximally 100% occluded
RCA – occluded 100% from Ostium , Filling Restrogradely from left injection with Rentop Grade 2 Filling.