7 Warning Signs of Heart Attack in Women
Heart attack or myocardial infarction usually occurs when the smooth flow of blood to the heart is blocked, by a build-up of fat. When the flow of blood is blocked the tissues lose oxygen and dies.Heart attack also happens to women and can be identified through certain symptoms.
Symptoms of Heart Attack:
Unusual fatigue can be one of the signs of heart attacks. Some women feel tired, at times even if they’ve been sitting still for a while. One must pay attention to fatigue and should watch out if it’s new or dramatic.
- Does simple activity like walking to the bathroom make you feel exhausted?
- Do you experience sleep disturbances even if you’re dead tired?
- Do you feel completely worn out after your regular exercise routine.
2. Stomach pain:
Most of the time people mistake stomach pain with flu, stomach ulcer, heartburn.
- Stomach pain can also cause in the middle of the upper abdomen.
- The pain in the upper abdomen can be more like discomfort or heaviness rather than stabbing pain. It can also occur with or without pain.
- The pain of a heart attack can also occur in epigastric area, like heartburn.
3.Shortness of breath & sweating:
Shortness of breath is caused by the increase in weight and also because of the lack of exercise. There are certain symptoms-
- Without exertion, you’ll start sweating or will have a breathing problem.
- Shortness of breath can also cause chest pain or fatigue.
- Women can feel shortness of breath while lying down but it eases when they are sitting upright.
- Sweating can also occur. Excessive sweating without any reason is a common symptom.
This type of pain is one of the most common heart attack symptoms
- Chest pain may differ in both men and women.
- It can be characterized by a sense of fullness, heaviness, squeezing or pressure on the chest.
- The pain can last for few minutes or it can also return.
- This discomfort can also spread down to the back or arms or to the neck and head.
5.Neck and Back pain:
These kinds of pains are more common in women than in men.
- Neck pain can differ and people also misinterpret it at times.
- Neck pain can also lead to back pain, the pain either be gradual or sudden or recurrent.
- Jaw pain can also be the result of neck pain.
If you’re feeling anxious, make a note of it.
- Heart attack patients have said that at times they feel that something is wrong or weird.
- They stress about everything and start feeling anxious.
7.Feeling Dizzy or lightheaded:
This is one of the most common symptoms of heart attack in women.
- You start shaking for no reason.
- Feeling faint from shortness of breath and start sweating.
If you notice any of the above symptoms consult your doctor and take necessary steps. Make a note of the symptoms and explain it to your doctor. Don’t ignore any signs or symptoms.
We at FreeDoctorHelpline, Provides online Doctor consultation to Needy people. You can Ask our Doctors and can raise your problem with us.