Erectile dysfunction or impotence is the inability to keep the erection firm throughout sex. If it arises from time to time then it isn’t a serious problem. However, if it is a persistent issue then it needs to be treated immediately as it causes stress and also affects one’s self-confidence. In most cases, finding the underlying reason for erectile dysfunction is sufficient to reverse the impotence. Sometimes, erectile dysfunction may be an underlying reason for other health conditions or a risk factor for heart diseases.
Some commonly noticeable symptoms of erectile dysfunction are:
- Keeping an erection
- Getting an erection
- Lack of sexual desire
Male sexual arousal is a complex process that involves the brain, hormones, emotions, nerves, muscles and blood vessels. Erectile dysfunction may arise due to the problem in any of these. Sometimes, physical as well as the psychological problem may result in erectile dysfunction.
Physical Causes include:
- High blood pressure & cholesterol
- Heart diseases
- Clogged blood vessels
- Multiple sclerosis
- Sleep disorders
- Tobacco usage
Some commonly known psychological problem include:
- Relationship problems due to stress and poor communication
- Depression: sexual excitement begins in your brain and works all the way down. Depression in most cases lower your sexuality & can lead to erectile dysfunction. On a contrary, many drugs used to treat depression can also lower your sex drive and make it harder for erection.
- Alcoholism: one might consume alcohol to get that mood but it is necessary to keep in mind that overindulging in alcohol can make it worse to finish the act. On the other hand, moderate drinking, one or two drinks a day can keep you away from heart diseases.
- Medications: your medications for other diseases can also affect your performance in the bedroom. Long-term use of painkillers, blood pressure drugs, antidepressants can lower your sex drive. Street drugs like cocaine can also cause sex pron=blems in men.
- Stress: when you are overwhelmed by responsibilities and works it is quite not possible to get into the mood. Stress can take it cool on various parts of your body including the penis. Changing your lifestyle that promotes well-being and relaxation can help a lot to get over stress.
- Anger: it is not possible to feel romantic when you feel anger. Whether or not, the anger is directed to your partner you can not feel the mood at the time of anger. Anger can make blood rush to your face but not to other parts of your body including the one which plays a vital role during sex drive. Unexpressed anger can also affect your performance in the bedroom.
- Anxiety: anxiety from other parts of your life can eventually spill into your bedroom as well. Worrying that you will not be able to perform well in the bed can make it even worse an does not let you do well on the bed.
- Personal health: your health conditions can also affect your performance at the bed. Various health diseases like heart attacks, kidney failure, blood pressure, etc can adversely affect your performance at the bed.
[su_button url=”https://tawk.to/chat/57670ffeec8ca2561a070639/default/?$_tawk_popout=true&$_tawk_sk=5b050323ba7dc7f617980838&$_tawk_tk=baca9b22aad518275ef52f9d3a62e0df&v=574″ target=”blank” background=”#68b750″ size=”5″]Consult with Specialist Doctor[/su_button]
As you get older erections might take a lot of time to develop or it may not be firm. Various risk factors that contribute to erectile dysfunction are as follows:
- Tobacco use
- Injuries to the nerves that control erections
- Psychological conditions
- Drug & alcohol use
- Unsatisfactory sex
- Relationship problems
- Stress or anxiety
- Low self-esteem
- Inability to make your partner pregnant
DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENTS:
All that a doctor requires diagnosing erectile dysfunction are a physical exam & knowing the medical history of the patient. If one suffers from chronic health conditions then that might be the underlying conditions for erectile dysfunction. Following tests are to be conducted to diagnose impotence:
- Blood test to check for any heart disease, diabetes, low levels of testosterone
- Urine test to look for diabetes am=nd other underlying health conditions
- Ultrasound: it includes a transducer which is held over the blood vessels that supplies the penis. It creates a video image that depicts the blood flow to the penis.
The treatment options vary from the severity of the problem, its cause, & underlying health conditions. Your doctor will explain to you the benefits and risks of each treatment.
In many cases, oral medications are successful treatments for many men. Viagra, stendra, adcirca cialis, are some of the oral medications. All these mediations enhance the effect of nitric oxide which is a natural chemical that your body produces which relaxes the muscles in the penis. This, in turn, increases the blood flow and allows you to get an erection in response to sexual stimulation. These medicines vary in dosage and side effects. These supplements may not work for all men and especially in case of men who have undergone prostate surgery.
If Medications don’t work out then your doctor may suggest you another treatment methods.
- Penis pumps: it is a vacuum erection device. It is a battery-powered pump. The tube is placed over your penis, and then the pump is used to suck out the air inside the tube. This creates a vacuum that pulls blood into your penis. Once you get the erection, you may place a ring which holds it erect. You can then remove the vacuum device.
- Penile implants: it involves surgically placing a device on both sides of the penis. It consists of bendable rods which helps you to control when and how long you need an erection. These rods not only make your penis erect but also bendable.
HOW CAN FOOD AFFECT YOUR PENIS?
By now we know that pills, surgeries, and pumps work for erection. But how about the food we eat? Can food also affect the penis?
- Watermelon: these sweet, refreshing fruits help us survive the hot summers. but it might be surprising to know that it can affect your sexual stimulation. Though it is loaded with water, it contains lycopene which is an antioxidant that is good for your heart, prostate, and skin.
- Coffee: men who have 2 to 3 cups of coffee a day are less likely to have erectile dysfunction. Caffeine helps you boost the blood flow.
- Dark chocolate: chocolate is rich in flavanols which is a plant nutrient that lowers blood pressure and increases the blood flow. It also helps produce more of nitric oxide that enhances your sexual stimulation.
- Walnuts: these are rich in amino acids that produce more of nitric oxide. They are also good sources of folic acid, vitamin E & fiber.
- Garlic: if plague forms on the walls of the arteries having garlic can help cure them. It helps you keep your arteries healthy as age grows.
Fish, grape juice, pomegranate juice, olive oils also help to maintain a healthy lifestyle that in turn enhances your sexual stimulation.
Contact our doctors online at www.freedoctorhelpline.com or call us at +918010555444.
Also Read: Common Sexual Problems in Men
[su_posts posts_per_page=”5″ order=”desc”]