As known to all, prostate is a very important gland of the male gender that surrounds the male urethra and is present below the urinary bladder. The urethra is a tube-like structure through which the urine slushes out from the body. The prostate gland produces a fluid-like substance which carries the produced sperms through the process of ejaculation. In medical terms, this enlarged prostate is termed as a Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH).
It must be known that a continuous growth of the prostate gland is a very natural process and it is nothing uncommon if the prostate enlarges in size. Throughout the life cycle of an adult, the process of prostate enlargement keeps taking place naturally. Therefore, in most of the cases, the process of over and uneven enlargement of the prostate does not show any signs or serious symptoms of warning. However, in few cases, the symptoms may be easily detected and may affect the health and living of the person.
[su_button url=”https://www.freedoctorhelpline.com/ask-a-doctor-free-24×7/” target=”blank” background=”#93f2ea” size=”7″]Ask a Doctor[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://tawk.to/chat/57670ffeec8ca2561a070639/default/?$_tawk_popout=true&$_tawk_sk=5b1b96a8ba7dc7f617994171&$_tawk_tk=222e79638b5b2e3e08e502a25d7fa461″ target=”blank” background=”#9bf293″ size=”7″]Consult a Doctor[/su_button]
The problem of prostate enlargement is common mostly in adult men in between the age group of 50 years to 60 years or above. Due to the reason that the prostate gland surrounds itself to the urethra, therefore this wrapping of the gland causes a complication during the process of urination if the prostate enlarges. When the prostate gland enlarges, it starts to push the urethra due to which you may get a feeling of urinating although the bladder may not actually be full. This problem may also cause the urine to not slush out naturally. Slowly this problem may even worsen because this process weakens the bladder muscles due to which at some point of time the bladder would not be able to flush out the urine completely every time.
The most common symptoms of prostate enlargement include:
- Excessive urge to urinate mostly during the night time
- Difficulty in sleeping
- Issues and complaints in urinating
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty in controlling the urine
- Urination may be felt like urgent although the flow may not be so fast
- Leaking of the urine even after complete urination
- Feeling uncomfortable and feeling like the bladder is still not empty even after complete urination
- Lifestyle changes
- Diet modifications
- Surgery or surgical procedures
Getting the prostate treated is also equally important because ignoring the complications or leaving it untreated may also block the flow of urine thereby increasing the complications level. The treatment process for an enlarged prostate depends on the seriousness of the symptoms and the associated risks and complications. However, it may be known that getting yourself treated with surgeries or radiations may lead to several long-term side effects to the person. Therefore, at times, getting yourself assisted with the related medications or going for a surgery may even worsen the case further. It is found that most of the time it is being suggested that home remedies and natural treatments are safer if the need for surgery is actually not felt. Certain lifestyle or diet alterations can also affect the prostate enlargement and get it under the control.
Home Remedies and Diet:
- Exercises like the push-ups
- Having a hot water bath in a bathtub
- Consuming 1 or 2 tablespoons of raw or the unfiltered apple cider vinegar with honey and a warm glass of water, twice daily
- Consuming the corn silk or the silky part of a fresh corn by boiling around 2-4 ears of corn silk in a cup of water. After it boils, simmer it for around 10 minutes and then strain the silk and drink this corn silk tea at least 3 times a day
- Consuming foods that are rich in lycopene source are recommended. Few of the ingredients that include this source are papaya, grapes, watermelon, guava, apricot, carrot, red cabbage, and more.
- Vegetables that are rich in antioxidants should be consumed
- Foods that are rich in fibre, leafy vegetables, and food grains should be consumed
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants and thus builds your immune system thereby slowing down the enlargement of prostrates.
- Stay hydrated and drink at least 2 litres of water daily
- Try to maintain a healthy weight and eat a balanced diet
[su_posts posts_per_page=”05″ order=”desc” orderby=”rand”]