Heart attack or myocardial infarction usually occurs when the smooth flow of blood to the heart is blocked, by a build-up of fat. When the flow of blood is blocked the tissues lose oxygen and dies.Heart attack also happens to women and can be identified through certain symptoms.
Symptoms of Heart Attack:
Unusual fatigue can be one of the signs of heart attacks. Some women feel tired, at times even if they’ve been sitting still for a while. One must pay attention to fatigue and should watch out if it’s new or dramatic.
- Does simple activity like walking to the bathroom make you feel exhausted?
- Do you experience sleep disturbances even if you’re dead tired?
- Do you feel completely worn out after your regular exercise routine.
2. Stomach pain:
Most of the time people mistake stomach pain with flu, stomach ulcer, heartburn.
- Stomach pain can also cause in the middle of the upper abdomen.
- The pain in the upper abdomen can be more like discomfort or heaviness rather than stabbing pain. It can also occur with or without pain.
- The pain of a heart attack can also occur in epigastric area, like heartburn.
3.Shortness of breath & sweating:
Shortness of breath is caused by the increase in weight and also because of the lack of exercise. There are certain symptoms-
- Without exertion, you’ll start sweating or will have a breathing problem.
- Shortness of breath can also cause chest pain or fatigue.
- Women can feel shortness of breath while lying down but it eases when they are sitting upright.
- Sweating can also occur. Excessive sweating without any reason is a common symptom.
This type of pain is one of the most common heart attack symptoms
- Chest pain may differ in both men and women.
- It can be characterized by a sense of fullness, heaviness, squeezing or pressure on the chest.
- The pain can last for few minutes or it can also return.
- This discomfort can also spread down to the back or arms or to the neck and head.
5.Neck and Back pain:
These kinds of pains are more common in women than in men.
- Neck pain can differ and people also misinterpret it at times.
- Neck pain can also lead to back pain, the pain either be gradual or sudden or recurrent.
- Jaw pain can also be the result of neck pain.
If you’re feeling anxious, make a note of it.
- Heart attack patients have said that at times they feel that something is wrong or weird.
- They stress about everything and start feeling anxious.
7.Feeling Dizzy or lightheaded:
This is one of the most common symptoms of heart attack in women.
- You start shaking for no reason.
- Feeling faint from shortness of breath and start sweating.
If you notice any of the above symptoms consult your doctor and take necessary steps. Make a note of the symptoms and explain it to your doctor. Don’t ignore any signs or symptoms.