Dandruff is caused due to many factors like improper food intake, hormonal imbalance, air pollution and excessive use of shampoos. The dry skin on scalp comes out in flakes and causes itching to the whole scalp. Many of you are already trying various ways to get rid of Dandruff, but wait! you might create more hair problems in order to control your Dandruff.
Some home remedies are the best way curb dandruff permanently as they reduce hair loss by dandruff.
11 Easy Home Remedies to Control & Cure Dandruff
1. Yogurt: Yeast in our bodies cause irritation. The best way to control the yeast in our body is by growing the development of friendly bacteria. Yogurt is one of the best probiotics which increase friendly bacteria.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar: Apple cider vinegar help in restriction the proliferation of yeast. It helps preserve the PH stability of the scalp as well.
3. Eggs: Eggs are an immense source of biotin, biotin can treat dandruff efficiently, this should be the ultimate control dandruff solution. Eggs also help make your hair healthier, smoother and stronger.
4. Lemon juice with Coconut Oil: pH imbalance in the scalp is the main cause of dandruff. Lemon juice restores the PH balance of the scalp and stops the growth of yeast. Coconut oil is antifungal and antibacterial, particularly the cold-pressed diversity. It helps in the reinforcement of the roots of the hair. Thus making a potent mixture. [/su_note]
5. Garlic: Garlic has anti-fungal properties, helps in killing the bacterias and maintain the scalp health.
6. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera contains both anti-bacterial and antifungal properties. It also contains an enzyme called proteolytic enzyme, which has the property of denaturing the protein like dead skin cells. As the dead skin cells are removed with the help of aloe, dandruff is eradicated efficiently.
7. Fenugreek Seeds: There are many uses of fenugreek seeds and herbs like they specifically have antifungal properties that help control dandruff to a much great extent. It not only weeds away dandruff but also stop hair fall and lends body and bound to your hair. It’s a best and effective remedy for hair health.
8. Neem leaves: known in Ayurveda culture for its medicinal properties, neem leaves have potent anti-fungal properties, they completely eliminate the fungal growth. It stops itching and can stop dandruff very efficiently. It is effortlessly available and is an economical way to treat dandruff.
9. Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has been used for a long time for its medicinal properties. It has fungicidal qualities which combat dandruff efficiently.
10. Olive oil: Olive oil contains antioxidants that help keep the scalp in the nourishing condition. Olive oil has a number of essential nutrients like vitamins A and E, which repair the damage done by hair care products and the environment. it also contains antibacterial and anti-fungal properties that fight against other hair problem, dandruff.
11. Ginger: Ginger is a spice used for many chronic and temporary diseases. It is a natural antiseptic that eradicates the fungi causing dandruff. Ginger inhibits the growth of yeast and hence curbs the symptoms causing dandruff; namely itchy flakes, and it also reduces inflammation of the scalp, hence preventing dandruff.
Must Read: How lack of Sleep can affect your Brain
Apart from home remedies and use of shampoos, curbing dandruff includes having a properly balanced food intake and plenty of water and oiling of hair to keep the skull hydrated. You can comment your thoughts on these 11 Dandruff Controlling Home remedies as soon as possible.
[su_posts posts_per_page=”05″ order=”desc” orderby=”rand”]
What is Dandruff? and What Doctors Say about it?
Before knowing about how to prevent dandruff, one must know what dandruff is and how and why it is caused? So, the first step as always is to get the basics right and then prevention would be a cakewalk!
As per skin doctors’ dandruff is often the by-product of the reaction of the scalp to excessive oil. That is when the scalp has excessive oil it reacts to it as dandruff! It is also known as the shedding of dead skin cells from the scalp. The more cells die, the more the amount of flaking will be. It is the white or grey flakes that can be seen on the scalp which often cause itching. It is not contagious or harmful, but it can be unpleasant and can give a blow to the confidence while being difficult to get rid of. Also, there is no cure for dandruff. It is however, a common scalp disorder affecting almost half of all the total population. The severity of dandruff though fluctuates, as per the season, for example, it often worsens in winters. It is often rare before puberty, peaks in teens and declines with the age. Mostly it can be treated with the specialized shampoos, oils, lotions, or serums, even though it doesn’t have a cure. Moreover, dandruff or seborrheic dermatitis is a common skin condition that can affect your scalp, your ears, your eyebrows, the sides of your nose and your beard.
What Causes Dandruff?
The common causes of dandruff are:
- Irritated or oily skin
- Lack of shampooing enough,
- Some infection
- Fungus affecting the scalp.
- Dry skin problem can also be a cause of dandruff and
- Also, some allergic reaction to certain hair products too can be the culprit.
5 Tips which will help to prevent dandruff
So, to help you curb dandruff, here are 5 tips which will help to prevent nagging dandruff:
- Shampoo regularly: If one has an oily scalp, then shampoo often to prevent it. But don’t over shampoo too!
- Sunbath: Sunlight is good to prevent dandruff but do not sunbath as the UV rays may be harmful. Medical experts believe that spending a little time in the sunshine may also be beneficial in treating dandruff.
- Manage your stress first: Medical experts believe that stress may trigger or worsen the condition. So keep the little stress monster in control.
- Diet right: Food and diet are really important factors; get a diet rich in zinc, Omega-3 fatty acids, and B vitamins to prevent dandruff.
- Brush it: Dandruff may be a symptom of not brushing the hair regularly. Regularly brushing or combing hair helps scalp shed skin and also prevent dandruff and an oily scalp.