Hello Sir, I am Pankaj from India,32 years old man, I had Chikangunya fever in October 2016, after that I have continuous little pain in joints specially in finger joints.wrist pain, ankle pain ,feet fingers pain, toes pain,numbness in hands specially in morning, stifness ,fatigue, pain in old fractures, little pain in knees when I am stationary,weakness,shoulder stifness and pain ,neck stifness. I read somewhere that Rheumatoid Athritis have similar symptoms. Kindly tell me about the disease.
This condition can be managed by following :
- Pain is increased if the joints are not frequently moved. This is the reason that the pain and stiffness is high in the morning as the joints are moved very less during the night.
- In the morning, move all your joints slowly at least twice.
- Sit on a chair and extend your legs.
- Stand and raise your legs.
- Stand and twist your body in both directions one by one.
- Avoid lifting heavy weights.
- Do not do heavy excercises.
- Wrap a cold ice pack in a cloth/towel and apply it to the inflamed areas. This will provide some pain relief.
- Alternatively you can use hot packs as well.
Pain killer Medicines
- Always consult your doctor before taking any medicine.
- Doctor may prescribe you a suitable painkiller.
- Avoid overuse and long term use of pain killer medicines as they may badly affect your kidneys and liver.
- If the pain continues for more than 3 weeks its better to start taking Ayurvedic treatment.
Chikunungya Arthritis – Ayurveda has Perfect Cure
The terrible joint pains one experiences in Chikungunya, which may get disabling for weeks or months even after the recovery from fever, are very effectively controlled with Ayurvedic medicines.
1. Ayurvedic Medicines
Special treatment is planned as per the age, condition and other factors related to the patient. Medicines are focussed on three things Reducing Joint Pain, Increasing Body Immunity and Reducing weakness. Medicines may include some powder, capsules, tablets and oil (for local application). Treatment package cost varies from Rs 50/- daily to Rs 100/- daily depending on the the individual condition.
2. Panchkarma Therapy
Panchkarma is an Ayurvedic Detoxification Therapy and is very effective in managing Chikungunya Arthritis. It includes massage through specialised medicated oils. It gives quick improvement in joint pains. One session costs approximately 700/- for whole body treatment. At our panchkarma therapy centre, our therapists are well trained to help you recover well from the weakness and joint pains.