How to burp a Baby? Tips & technique | A Guide to Burping a Baby
Have you ever noticed your little baby getting crabby and irritable just after or during their feedings? If yes, then it is very likely that the baby has taken in some air along with the milk which is bothering him/her. To tackle these sensitive matters, this blog would provide you with certain simple burping tips, and the way How to burp a Baby rightly, positions and procedures as to how you can take out that air from the baby and create the desired space for his/her full meal.
For most of the parents, the only challenge that they face in caring for their babies is not just the sound sleeps, breastfeeding or some routine adjustments for new parents. It is how you can burp your baby. You may certainly have come across days when you keep on putting the baby for such long durations, which normally seems like forever, and still unable to get that burp. Probably it may have happened that you end up with the baby spitting or vomiting which then become another caring task for its clean-up.
Best Tips to Burping Your Baby Rightly:
- Keep a dedicated piece of cloth over your outfit and below your baby’s mouth to protect your clothes during the burps.
- Keep another cloth handy with you to wipe off any unwanted outbursts.
- Most of the babies get their burp with a simple gentle pat of yours, however, few may need little firmer hands.
- While patting for the burp, keep your main focus on the left side of your baby’s back because that is the area where stomachs are positioned.
- Try to burp the baby immediately when you notice any discomfort in his/her feed. This will remove the extra air been swallowed with feed.
[su_button url=”https://www.freedoctorhelpline.com/ask-a-doctor-free-24×7/” target=”blank” background=”#6ef9e1″ size=”7″]Ask a Doctor[/su_button] [su_button url=”https://tawk.to/chat/57670ffeec8ca2561a070639/default/?$_tawk_popout=true&$_taw k_sk=5b1b96a8ba7dc7f617994171&$_tawk_tk=222e79638b5b2e3e08e502a25d7fa461&v=578″ target=”blank” background=”#a5f293″ size=”7″]Consult a Doctor[/su_button]
By Which Age Should You Stop Burping Your Baby?
Burping your baby for the first initial two months are extremely important. Later, after 2 months, mostly the babies start burping on their own, willingly. Again, after around 4 to 6 months, it is said that the babies start developing a healthy neck and stomach muscles which aids them feeding more comfortably without so much of air being swallowed with the feed.
Techniques How to burp a Baby Successfully:
- Try to burp your baby in different positions.
- Pat your baby in different areas like the back or the bottom.
- If patting doesn’t work, then try rubbing your baby’s back and bottom.
- Change the positions of your baby.
- Try engaging in some burping exercises like slowly rotating the upper body of your baby clockwise and anticlockwise with support, or instead of rotating try moving your baby back to front and forward to backwards, or exercising your baby’s elbow and knees by bringing them diagonally together.
Most Suitable Positions to Burp Your Baby:
- Shoulder: Burping the baby firmly on your shoulder
- Lap: Burping on your lap by keeping the baby’s face downwards on the lap
- Sitting: Burping your baby by holding him/her upright in a sitting up position over your lap
- Walking: Burping your baby by holding him/her in an upright position while you walk. The motion during the walk may aid in releasing off the trapped air bubbles. This is mostly done after your baby gets a good control over his neck holding.
These are the best Technics and way of How to burp a Baby. 🙂