What is Appendicitis?
Appendicitis is normal and can influence anybody of any age. Youngsters and youthful grownups are the most regularly influenced. Around 6 in 100 individuals in the India have Appendicitis sooner or later in their lives.
Appendicitis is the inflammation of our Appendix, a vestigial organ in our digestive tract. It can cause infection of digestive organs and can potentially cause harm to other organs. If the Appendix bursts, it can ultimately lead to death.
Some of the most commonly experienced symptoms of appendicitis include :—
- Loss of appetite
- Dull pain next to the navel or the upper abdomen that eventually becomes sharp as you go closer to the lower right abdomen.
- Abdominal swelling
- Nausea and/or vomiting right after the pain starts
- Inability to pass gas
- Dull or sharp pain in the back or rectum
- Pain during urination
- Severe cramps
- Diarrhea with gas or constipation
What is the cause of Appendicitis?
- Relates to blockage of the inside of the appendix, known as the lumen
- Blockage leads to increased pressure, impaired blood flow and inflammation
- If blockage is not treated, gangrene and rupture of the appendix could result
- Bacterial or viral infections in the digestive tract which can lead to swelling of lymph nodes, which squeeze the appendix and caused obstruction.
Symptoms of a Burst Appendix :-
- Severe Abdominal Pain
- High Fever
Where is the Appendix located in the body?
The Appendix is located near the junction of the small intestine and large intestine in right lower quadrant of the abdomen near the right hip.We at FreeDoctorHelpline, Provides online Doctor consultation to Needy people. You can Ask our Doctors and can raise your problem with us.